Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Can I just put this out there. A cat taller than a Labrador (3ft) with all over short ginger hair accosted me during lockdown. It went meow so I guess it was a cat.
Any ideas as to species ?
No idea where you are. UK?? I am not sure what cats are native to the UK but:

Here in the US it sounds a bit like a cougar (puma, mountain lion...). I have seen wild ones in my son's backyard when he lived in New Mexico, outside Sante Fe. I did see one walking through the yard with a deceased bunny in his mouth, probably bringing dinner home to her family. Color and fur sounds about right for a cougar. Size can vary. I have seen some taller than a Lab but also some smaller. Males run larger than females and a female would be smaller. Did you get close enough to check out its bits??I have also seen them wild in a park in Los Angeles, CA

In the northeast US there are bobcats (so called as they have shorter tails than most cats) They generally run a bit smaller than Labs but an adult Male can reach that size. I have seen them in Massachusetts and many times in Maine. I have seen them on Hanscom AFB in a Boston suburb when I have gone for exchange/commisary shopping. I think there is group resident on the base. They eat bunnies but I have heard that they can take a white tail deer if hungry enough. Markings vary but they usually have black marking on the legs.

Neither cougars or bobcats roar. The only vocal noises I have heard a chirping sort of sounds. I have heard that they purr but have never been close enough to hear that.

It could be that someone imported a cougar/bobcat as a pet and it got away.

Cougar_sitting.jpg

Cougar

bobcat.jpg

Bobcat (at the AFB near Boston)

Is it usual for cats to change owners/slaves at this time of year ? The buggers are accosting me in my own doorway with tales of drunkeness and cruelty, the way they miaow piteously.

JackSofty

War Hero
High season for it I believe. It is usually around this time that the human species moves residence in greater numbers, however, we tend not to keep the option of previous residences with in-house staff.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

JackSofty

War Hero
Maximillian is most confused by the multitudinous changes of weather.
"Do I snooze, run around like a mad thing with flattened ears, offer up violence in response to every entreaty or cosy-up to the weird bipeds?"

"Maybe I should sleep on it?"

"Do I snooze, run around like a mad thing with flattened ears, offer up violence in response to every entreaty or cosy-up to the weird bipeds?"

I hope that is not a real human foot on the left of the picture.
I wouldn't fancy its chances.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

you'll ruin that steel on the floor like that

JackSofty

War Hero
you'll ruin that steel on the floor like that
Her Ladyship, in her infinite wisdom, decided that it was the perfect tool for planting seeds in the balcony boxes and that it would be fine also to leave it covered in damp soil.
Now it is only fit for aerating the coals on the barbecue.
Well spotted Sir.

Slime

LE

sallyanne09

War Hero
Good evening Feline slaves.

It has now been 18 months since our feline messenger of death to the local bird and mouse population and I’m feeling the need for another Master.

i have seen a most gorgeous 3 month kitten at the local RSPCA place who looks like she needs an old fashioned prawn giver (yes, the old boy was rather spoiled)

Slight issue, and I’m hoping that the collective can give some advice.

The kitten is a Feline Flu carrier. She has been neutered.

Will getting pet insurance be an issue?

It has now been 18 months since our feline messenger of death to the local bird and mouse population and I’m feeling the need for another Master.

i have seen a most gorgeous 3 month kitten at the local RSPCA place who looks like she needs an old fashioned prawn giver (yes, the old boy was rather spoiled)

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question and Google hasn't been helpful.

I think it would probably come under pre-existing conditions, the Petplan website had this to say.

pre existing.png

Their number is below if you would like to check.

0345 077 1934

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

it means she was in a bad way when rescued poor little mite.

as I understand it the main thing is to know she might have flare ups so make sure she gets her annual jabs in future to minimise them. vets for pets do a life jab plans that's good value.

she might be of risk to any other un vaccinated kittens she may come across or house share with so if you don't intend filling the house up it will be fine

this shouldn't effect insurance as far as I can tell, just disclose it and they may put something in the policy - ask the RSPCA about it as they will be a broker for a few variants.

and morrisons or sainsburys chicken roll IMO.

Latest Threads