Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Out for a walk today with the Boss round the lake in Krickenbeck (near Venlo). Went past the camp site next to the lake expecting to get attacked or at least surrounded by the dozen or so cats that live there. Just one cat, so where are the others? Then it occured to me that Corona restrictions have been eased so I reckon that the others legged it to Costa del Gato to let their hair fur down, leaving this one poor cat to stag on.
Fifth piccy is not a cat, it's my foot, should have another one somewhere.

Attachments

Last edited:

Londo

LE
Out for a walk today with the Boss round the lake in Krickenbeck (near Venlo). Went past the camp site next to the lake expecting to get attacked or at least surrounded by the dozen or so cats that live there. Just one cat, so where are the others? Then it occured to me that Corona restrictions have been eased so I reckon that the others legged it to Coste del Gato to let their hair fur down, leaving this one poor cat to stag on.
Fifth piccy is not a cat, it's my foot, should have another one somewhere.
Second pic . That cat is quite similar in colour to the mum I've taken in .

Londo

LE
Tomorrow mum will be allowed to escape from the pen up the stairs into the spare bedroom .
Have taken out the draws from the bedside cabinets to give her a couple of places to hide . Soon as she's up there I will take the kittens to join her . So they have a room to run around in .
Will be sleeping in that room myself so they will have plenty of company .
Tonight is the last night in the pen for them .

PFGEN

GCM
Two of the cats at the stable have just had kittens. We found both litters. Mum from one litter took her kitties after the first day and hid them in an attic of one of the store houses. The other had her babies hidden in the bushes under some wood. Sadly they seem to have vanished. I keep seeing mum walking around as if she's lost something. She is suddenly very affectionate and buries herself in my jacket. I've studied her to see if she goes anywhere or where she comes from when I turn up. No clues. Could have been anything from the owls to an aggressive bunster.

I keep hoping we'll find them safe but reality is probably that nature has taken its course. I had hoped to adopt one.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Those kittens are gorgeous. Mum however looks like a real feral bruiser though.

Londo

LE
Those kittens are gorgeous. Mum however looks like a real feral bruiser though.
She is feral . However in her own way she's quite a cutie .
Growls as soon as she sees me , get nearer and she hisses , open the cage and she then spits and lunges . Give her my hand and she licks my fingers . She wants to be friends but cant quite bring herself to it and doesn't like being touched .

Londo

LE
Two of the cats at the stable have just had kittens. We found both litters. Mum from one litter took her kitties after the first day and hid them in an attic of one of the store houses. The other had her babies hidden in the bushes under some wood. Sadly they seem to have vanished. I keep seeing mum walking around as if she's lost something. She is suddenly very affectionate and buries herself in my jacket. I've studied her to see if she goes anywhere or where she comes from when I turn up. No clues. Could have been anything from the owls to an aggressive bunster.

I keep hoping we'll find them safe but reality is probably that nature has taken its course. I had hoped to adopt one.
Sad but such is nature . Hope you find them .

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
The two new house owners are settling in very well. Both very lively and lightning quick round the house. Spice, the ginger loony, went through a spate of not eating much and being very fussy about his food choices. Soon sorted by us not messing about and him just caving in and eating what was put down. He likes a fuss but the black one, Sugar, is very stand offish. I get the distinct impression that if me and SWMBO were to pop our clogs that she'd happily dine on our rotting carcasses to survive. She also has a very well honed ability to be other side of room one second and under your feet the very next; this may indeed be her way to expedite the rotting human carcass buffet more rapidly. I've very nearly been over many times already; not good with a fused ankle and arthritis! This behaviour has earned her the nickname; Cooking Fat! Both putting on weight and seem perfectly healthy.
View attachment 477461
tiny tip - get some long zip ties and put some around the tower in a cluster - coloured are softer as it is for them to chew on in a couple of weeks time.

and goose or pheasant feathers for fighting with as mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
She is feral . However in her own way she's quite a cutie .
Growls as soon as she sees me , get nearer and she hisses , open the cage and she then spits and lunges . Give her my hand and she licks my fingers . She wants to be friends but cant quite bring herself to it and doesn't like being touched .
married her already then?

seeing as you've been banished to the spare room.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

how big were both litters?

it is viable that one might have taken both litters if they were only a couple each.

pooky

Old-Salt

Can the female cats not be neutered to avoid them going through this again and again?

Latest Threads