Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Jarvis really does have a hard life, I don’t know how he copes. No really, I don’t.
shift work someone has to watch the house while you are in your nightly stupor.

JackSofty

War Hero
Our Pips is exactly the same, she loves playing hide & seek, {we have to pretend that we can't see her big bushy tail though}, she'll play fetch a few times but quickly forgets what the plan is, comes back but leaves the furry ball where it is. One of our favorite funny ones is the paw punch, she will be hiding but run out when you are walking by punch your feet and either darts back into hiding or scoots off at warp speed into another room.
Maximillian's version of the hit and run usually occurs at retiring time. As I ferry things from lounge & kitchen into the bedroom, something launches itself out of the darkness, wraps velvet paws around ankle and disappears into the gloom. This can happen any number of times until I finally get into bed.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Unremarkable

War Hero
Such a shame about Aunty Nosi. She sounds like she was a sound kitty. Sorry for your loss.
Thank you. The kittens (fully grown now, of course) are lying about miserably, and Lin Gui, her brother, has gone to pieces. I have the wife encouraging him with premium cat food and milk, and this morning he fell into a sink full of cold water. I cuddled him with a towel.

Maximillian's version of the hit and run usually occurs at retiring time. As I ferry things from lounge & kitchen into the bedroom, something launches itself out of the darkness, wraps velvet paws around ankle and disappears into the gloom. This can happen any number of times until I finally get into bed.

Catflap cat in my avatar used to do that. I always half expected to hear a loud “ha haaa” as he dashed out then disappeared back into the shadows.

Catflap cat in my avatar used to do that. I always half expected to hear a loud “ha haaa” as he dashed out then disappeared back into the shadows.
Furby used to do that too, appear from nowhere, paws round ankle, and her very best battle cry. Favourite time was when I was half asleep on the way to the kitchen in the morning. I swear I could hear her cackle
as she hurtled off

2000AD

Old-Salt
The two new house owners are settling in very well. Both very lively and lightning quick round the house. Spice, the ginger loony, went through a spate of not eating much and being very fussy about his food choices. Soon sorted by us not messing about and him just caving in and eating what was put down. He likes a fuss but the black one, Sugar, is very stand offish. I get the distinct impression that if me and SWMBO were to pop our clogs that she'd happily dine on our rotting carcasses to survive. She also has a very well honed ability to be other side of room one second and under your feet the very next; this may indeed be her way to expedite the rotting human carcass buffet more rapidly. I've very nearly been over many times already; not good with a fused ankle and arthritis! This behaviour has earned her the nickname; Cooking Fat! Both putting on weight and seem perfectly healthy.
IMG-20200528-WA0005.jpeg

The two new house owners are settling in very well. Both very lively and lightning quick round the house. Spice, the ginger loony, went through a spate of not eating much and being very fussy about his food choices. Soon sorted by us not messing about and him just caving in and eating what was put down. He likes a fuss but the black one, Sugar, is very stand offish. I get the distinct impression that if me and SWMBO were to pop our clogs that she'd happily dine on our rotting carcasses to survive. She also has a very well honed ability to be other side of room one second and under your feet the very next; this may indeed be her way to expedite the rotting human carcass buffet more rapidly. I've very nearly been over many times already; not good with a fused ankle and arthritis! This behaviour has earned her the nickname; Cooking Fat! Both putting on weight and seem perfectly healthy.
View attachment 477461
Stay vigilant and stay safe.

Ref the various posts about hit and run attacks by the house management, the Germans call cats "Stubentiger" that approximates to house tiger. Be gratefull that the cats are only small!

JackSofty

War Hero
The criminal caught red-handed:

I had just popped into the kitchen to pick up my telephone and was away for 20 seconds to find the monster with his nose stuck on my Marmite & butter on toast.
Not an ounce of shame or contrition, just demands for treats and butter!

Ref Yank Gits post 22821, many years ago my parents had 2 Siamese cats, Chula and Sheba. One of them, I can't remember which, had a cough, now we had a bottle of Liqua Fruita cough syrup in the kitchen so my father had the bright idea of giving the cat a teaspoonful. He thought it was a good idea, the cat didn't. Suffice it to say despite much resistance by kitty involving generous application of teeth and claws the dose was applied. Upon release kitty did a tour de house at warp speed, but never ever coughed again.
Despite the mess my father did not need a blood transfusion but the doc did give him a tetanus jab, just in case.

TamH70

MIA

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've been shopping on Amazon. See what I purrr-chased...
100991422_10157555616904211_1915915315095535616_o.jpg

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I didn't know where to put this, either "how bone is your missus" or in here - I've plumped for in here.

As previously posted we have recently taken two feral cats to be released back into the wild. One, Boris, has already been released and the female, Carrie, is with us for two more days until release.

SWMBO has been told often enough that the female is a bit (bit? an understatement) wild - so what does she do just now? Yes, you've got it - she put her hand into the cage to stroke the cat.

Result? A fcking big scratch on SWMBO's hand and she's bleating about it.