Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Londo

LE
Mum is feral . Tried stroking her and she barreled out the pen straight for my face .
Managed to catch her in mid air and as I was on my knees caught her and sort of rolled over , let her go and she ran up the stairs .
Then ran down as all the doors were closed and back into the pen with her kittens .
She is not very friendly . SAD as she is very pretty .

Bootom

Old-Salt
Oh what a surprise, a fat white greedy one, I know all about them! :)
Said the cat, c'mon Boss have a try reading what you have typed before hitting reply. We are now suspicious you are doing this on purpose just to see how many idiots, like me, you can catch.

You learn something new every day. I didn't know hedgehogs could get hiccups.

The first one was early tonight so I sat quiet and watched. He headed over to the food bowl and all I could hear was crunch crunch crunch hic, crunch crunch hic, grumble grumble crunch hic.

It was even funnier that he was getting cross about it.

Last edited:
Mum is feral . Tried stroking her and she barreled out the pen straight for my face .
Managed to catch her in mid air and as I was on my knees caught her and sort of rolled over , let her go and she ran up the stairs .
Then ran down as all the doors were closed and back into the pen with her kittens .
Give her time, it's all very new and she has kittens.

I used to sit and just chat nonsense to my little feral tabby, or read a book out loud from a comfortable distance and edge forward a few inches every so often.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
bit too soon perhaps, main thing is for her to accept you are no threat. did you go to stroke her or allow her to sniff you out first like you do with a dog - cats are not good with hands reaching for them.

he says a month before she gets vetted - she is going to go mental with a cone on her head.

try wearing an old T shirt for a day or two then leaving it in the pen, the kittens will get used to your smell too.

long haul on this one I think. but she is still thinking of the kittens and coming back which is good, when they get curious see if she will let you play with them or let them come out to you once you let them bimble a bit.

take her a mouse as a peace offering.

is she using the litter tray? it'll be interesting to see if she teaches the kids how to use it.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

The first one was early tonight so I sat quiet and watched. He headed over to the food bowl and all I could hear was crunch crunch crunch hic, crunch crunch hic, grumble grumble crunch hic.

I was even funnier that he was getting cross about it.
I saved a hedgehog my missus thought she had run over. - we called it twiglet.

boy their poo stinks and cats often get the blame for it..

Londo

LE

I was even funnier that he was getting cross about it.
Watch for any wheezy breathing . It means lungworm , they catch it from eating slugs .

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Watch for any wheezy breathing . It means lungworm , they catch it from eating slugs .
am I right in thinking they warn dog owners over eating slugs for the same reason.?

Londo

LE
bit too soon perhaps, main thing is for her to accept you are no threat. did you go to stroke her or allow her to sniff you out first like you do with a dog - cats are not good with hands reaching for them.

he says a month before she gets vetted - she is going to go mental with a cone on her head.

try wearing an old T shirt for a day or two then leaving it in the pen, the kittens will get used to your smell too.

long haul on this one I think. but she is still thinking of the kittens and coming back which is good, when they get curious see if she will let you play with them or let them come out to you once you let them bimble a bit.

take her a mouse as a peace offering.

is she using the litter tray? it'll be interesting to see if she teaches the kids how to use it.
Yep . Long haul on this I think . Once the kittens get a bit older they will be played with as at the moment two seem interested in us . Once the others start walking too she will be hard pressed to stop them '
The mum has used the litter tray today and all my experience with cats is that they always will .
I did have the pleasure once of a mum cat chirping away to her kittens as she got in the tray and gathered them around her , did a very exaggerated dig and showed them what to do . Normally they manage to do that on their own :)

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
duelling Hedgehogs over territory is very funny but usually it means you don't see either Hog ever again.

I once heard a commotion on my way back from work a few years ago - there must have been 20 hogs in a communal cluster - don;t know if it was an orgy a rave or just a get together.

duelling Hedgehogs over territory is very funny but usually it means you don't see either Hog ever again.

I once heard a commotion on my way back from work a few years ago - there must have been 20 hogs in a communal cluster - don;t know if it was an orgy a rave or just a get together.
Their greeting/courting sound is quite eerie outside the windows when you don't know what it is :) It's a sort of snuffling, wheezing grunt. I don't think I've had any orgies going on so far and no fights that I know of

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep . Long haul on this I think . Once the kittens get a bit older they will be played with as at the moment two seem interested in us . Once the others start walking too she will be hard pressed to stop them '
The mum has used the litter tray today and all my experience with cats is that they always will .
I did have the pleasure once of a mum cat chirping away to her kittens as she got in the tray and gathered them around her , did a very exaggerated dig and showed them what to do . Normally the manage to do that on their own :)
if you work out her nest chirp/trill try to imitate it - or come up with your own when you enter the room - it might help. plus the kittens will learn it as a normal thing.

funny but lemurs chirp to each other as well and it's a way of calling them to come and crap all over your back in return for some banana

try and get some big goose/pheasant feathers for tickling purposes - nothing a kitten likes fighting with more and it saves you no end of skin. shuttlecocks are good as well.

one of the cheapest and simplest toys I've used is a sealed cardboard box with round holes cut in, hours of fun, mind you mine also got exited playing around with a little blue step.

Daisy used to get herself stuck in the car boot box - we used to hear her squeaking and see her tail waiving about frantically - eventually she managed to pull out a bright pink soft toy bagpuss copy and carried it back to their hutch to make a nest of three. we used that bagpuss for all the kittens since. it's on my bedside cabinet at the moment. it s was good for kitten playing with gracie as I'd stalk her with it and play fight with her.

I assume you have a red dot ready for all the fun to come?

and come on man wheres the pics. some of us have kitten deficit disorder.

Londo

LE
Their greeting/courting sound is quite eerie outside the windows when you don't know what it is :) It's a sort of snuffling, wheezing grunt. I don't think I've had any orgies going on so far and no fights that I know of
Grunting a bit like hogs then . Had the courtship dance with three of them last year .

This year only singlies but at least two of them . One big and one little and at different times .

Londo

LE
if you work out her nest chirp/trill try to imitate it - or come up with your own when you enter the room - it might help. plus the kittens will learn it as a normal thing.

funny but lemurs chirp to each other as well and it's a way of calling them to come and crap all over your back in return for some banana

try and get some big goose/pheasant feathers for tickling purposes - nothing a kitten likes fighting with more and it saves you no end of skin. shuttlecocks are good as well.

one of the cheapest and simplest toys I've used is a sealed cardboard box with round holes cut in, hours of fun, mind you mine also got exited playing around with a little blue step.

Daisy used to get herself stuck in the car boot box - we used to hear her squeaking and see her tail waiving about frantically - eventually she managed to pull out a bright pink soft toy bagpuss copy and carried it back to their hutch to make a nest of three. we used that bagpuss for all the kittens since. it's on my bedside cabinet at the moment. it s was good for kitten playing with gracie as I'd stalk her with it and play fight with her.

I assume you have a red dot ready for all the fun to come?

and come on man wheres the pics. some of us have kitten deficit disorder.
Pics will follow on the daughters next visit as I have neither camera or mobile .

Latest Threads