Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
somewhere I have pictures of rodney and sophie - two kittens we rescued at about 9 weeks but they didn't survive that long. I refer to them on here must be 2013 I think.

took them home let them loose after showing them the toilet block and cook house. oh and chicken roll

then we lost them for a while. cue hunting up and down under sideboards and sofas. then I noticed them both asleep on my spare laptop which was on one of the sideboards - they'd climbed up a chair - jumped across and gone to the other end of the sideboard and curled up with very smug looks.

from then on we knew where to find them. besides being made of warm and high up I think they liked the fan.

New neighbours a few weeks ago. Their cat would stop at our gate and look in but not venture further.
Yesterday she stopped and when I called to her she trotted in for a stroke and photo call.

View attachment 476309
You'll need to find out her name so you can have it inscribed on her bowls and embroidered on her bed when she comes to stay with you.

I couldn't do that to Pippa, she is actually a lovely cat and very affectionate. She is happy at home, just visits her brother for a snack and catch up. :)

Ginger came back for his post midnight feast at about 1.

Jeeves came upstairs a little later and sat at the top of the stairs, ready to help Ginger downstairs with a well placed swipe to the rear end. If ever a cat gave an incredibly smug smirk before jumping on the bed demanding treats :)

Did I tell you all about the cat that invited itself into my car when I took my wife to the dentist before lockdown, I opened the door and it jumped in!
View attachment 476401
"I've decided you have an opening for a cat. Hop to it, man!"

Londo

LE
The mum cat that has now obtained us is not a friendly one . Last night putting her supper in the pen she swiped it out my hand . Food everywhere but at least she hoovered it up after a couple of minutes .
The grey and the ginger kittens seem a little more advanced than the other three as they are starting to stand and totter about on their legs for a few steps whereas the other three are still at the wriggling about stage .

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
The mum cat that has now obtained us is not a friendly one . Last night putting her supper in the pen she swiped it out my hand . Food everywhere but at least she hoovered it up after a couple of minutes .
The grey and the ginger kittens seem a little more advanced than the other three as they are starting to stand and totter about on their legs for a few steps whereas the other three are still at the wriggling about stage .
not friendly - she must be livid you've kicked her out of her council house.

did she not fight when the wimmin picked them all up?

how old do you think she is out of interest..

not sure if its worth letting her explore the house as she might abandon the kittens. I suppose you can wait till they are weaning then have her whipped away to be vetted than plop her back in the nest for that fortnight.

she will really hate you then.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
are you trying the single person contact thing?

Poppy can't be ARRSED moving into the rays:, even though there are two big bits to the left.

Poppy 260520.JPG

Londo

LE
not friendly - she must be livid you've kicked her out of her council house.

did she not fight when the wimmin picked them all up?

how old do you think she is out of interest..

not sure if its worth letting her explore the house as she might abandon the kittens. I suppose you can wait till they are weaning then have her whipped away to be vetted than plop her back in the nest for that fortnight.

she will really hate you then.
No idea on the age of the mum TBH . I'm guessing a couple of years perhaps .
Will wait till the kittens start on solids before taking her to the vet but might give her and the little ones the run of a room before that . Don't want to keep them in a cage for too long .

Latest Threads