Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

@shopgirl mentioned having a cat called Wombat, whereas a German cat-slave friend of mine has just shown me that she has....a wombat

Btw one of her cats is called Luger, which I thought was good name for one of the Master Race. (Cats, not Germans)

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Back around December 2018 I posted that my cat had been diagnosed with a heart condition, and had been given six months to live.

Despite my best efforts to keep him alive by spoiling him rotten and showering him with love he deteriorated massively late last night. He had a blood clot travel from his heart and cut off the blood supply to his back end, this made him loose the use of his rear legs, and he started throwing up.

I got him to the late night vet as quick as I could, but probably obviously they said there was nothing that could be done, and pointed out he was failing rapidly.
They gave him oxygen, and a pain killer, and I then held him in my arms with my head touching his as they gave him the injection to make him sleep forever.

I‘m lost today, and have lost my little soul mate.
So sad for your loss mate, been there and it's so damned hard, but you have given him all the love in the world and were there to hold hold him tight as the vet eased him out of this world. In time another litttle one will steal a peice of your heart and wil be as loved as your little one was.

4(T)

LE
@shopgirl mentioned having a cat called Wombat, whereas a German cat-slave friend of mine has just shown me that she has....a wombat

Btw one of her cats is called Luger, which I thought was good name for one of the Master Race. (Cats, not Germans)

Er.... thats a Wallaby, not a Wombat.

IIRC there is still a small colony living in the Peak District somewhere.

Last edited:
I also have a cat named Wombat. My son got him as a kitten and the day he got him watched a TV show about wombats, about the same shade of grey, hence the name. He also adopted Wombat's female litter mate but she was taken by a lion in his New Mexico back yard
About the same time he adopted another kitten, a tabby, that he named Thomas Hobbs as he was reading Leviathan for a philosophy course at the time.
I won both when he moved to Los Angeles.

Yokel

LE
My brother has started to use Zoom for communicating, and to test it he spoke to me. My cat Coco was sitting next to me so I turned the phone so he could see her. She seemed to recognise his voice but was confused by the 2D picture, and soon she was biting and trying to grab the phone with her paws.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads