Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

(%) GOOD NEWS . . . !! . . . . of which I was unaware !!

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Published by: CNA LIFESTYLE, on 16 February 2020.

Fancy felines: Vietnam hosts its first ever cat show in Hanoi

The country introduced a ban on eating cats in 2018 (%) and the show was a chance to raise awareness among people.

Vietnam, where cats have been viewed in the past as food, hosted its first ever cat show on Sunday (Feb 16), gathering around 60 pedigree cats with feisty stage names such as Angry Alice, Di Maria The Great and Timosa Sumo . . . .

[PHOTO] Vice chairman of World Cat Federation Albert Kurkowski presents first title to the cat of Nguyen Xuan Son of Vietnam and second title to the cat of Tawin Prai of Thailand during the Vietnam's first cat show in Hanoi, Vietnam February 16, 2020. REUTERS/Kham

1581956015677.png

Last edited:
(%) GOOD NEWS . . . !! . . . . of which I was unaware !!

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Published by: CNA LIFESTYLE, on 16 February 2020.

Fancy felines: Vietnam hosts its first ever cat show in Hanoi

The country introduced a ban on eating cats in 2018 (%) and the show was a chance to raise awareness among people.

Vietnam, where cats have been viewed in the past as food, hosted its first ever cat show on Sunday (Feb 16), gathering around 60 pedigree cats with feisty stage names such as Angry Alice, Di Maria The Great and Timosa Sumo . . . .

Vice chairman of World Cat Federation Albert Kurkowski presents first title to the cat of Nguyen Xuan Son of Vietnam and second title to the cat of Tawin Prai of Thailand during the Vietnam's first cat show in Hanoi, Vietnam February 16, 2020. REUTERS/Kham
They slaves look happy to be winners the owners not so much.
1581991820919.png

Awesome cat faces though.

Her fat tum would keep her going for weeks! :D
How long is the feline gestation period ?! ;) .

@BossHogg is going to have some kittens . . . Going to have some kittens . . . Going to have some kittens . . . :) !!

cat ALF.jpg

cat loaf.jpg

Our cat caught a mouse the other night as I watched. She didn't toy with the critter, just killed it extremely efficiently then took it in her mouth downstairs where she ate it or did whatever cats do with dead mice. I had read cats sometimes bring their kill to their owners as a proof of their hunting skills; I am glad ours does not seem to have this habit.

2000AD

Old-Salt
Our cat caught a mouse the other night as I watched. She didn't toy with the critter, just killed it extremely efficiently then took it in her mouth downstairs where she ate it or did whatever cats do with dead mice. I had read cats sometimes bring their kill to their owners as a proof of their hunting skills; I am glad ours does not seem to have this habit.
Probably found a nice hiding place for its carcass where it will decompose very nicely and stink your house out for you.

Poppy update

Finally, after all this time, it looks as though the vet has found the answer to Poppys allergy problems. She visited the vets on Monday, where her dainty little red coat was removed, her stitches removed and given a thorough examination.

All was well and Poppy was prescribed Prednisolone - this was given to her on Monday evening and again this morning and she hasn't licked herself, pulled her fur out nor has she scratched her ears or back at all.

For the first time in ages it looks as though we're getting a cat that works like a cat - ie, sleeps 23 hours a day and for the rest of the time either eats or sits in front of the window watching the birds.

She sees the vets again in two weeks - oh, and Petplan have paid her vets fees, so a bonus all the way round. Here is the little bugger sweet thing this Monday morning prior to visiting the vets:

Poppy 180220a.JPG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads