Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

fv1620

Old-Salt
Well it was a cute & dignified pose when I pressed the camera's button.

IMG_20200125_140009a.jpg

Londo

LE
Don't know whats going on here but I'm sure she loves them .

Don't know whats going on here but I'm sure she loves them .
With their eyes still closed, they are just newborns, and should be in their "nest" with their mother.

. . . and that doesn't look like a Mummy cat, which is probably why it is confused and agitated.

The things some folk do, to post on YouTube . . . eh?!

pooky

Old-Salt
They are possibly being hand reared as there is a feeding bottle to the right hand side.......agree that they should be in their nest and not on a slippy surface. The adult cat’s reaction is comical though*.

*except when she gives the kittens a smack

Londo

LE
They are possibly being hand reared as there is a feeding bottle to the right hand side.......agree that they should be in their nest and not on a slippy surface. The adult cat’s reaction is comical though*.

*except when she gives the kittens a smack
Having hand reared kittens I would agree , best to bottle feed at ground level if possible

Londo

LE
With their eyes still closed, they are just newborns, and should be in their "nest" with their mother.

. . . and that doesn't look like a Mummy cat, which is probably why it is confused and agitated.

The things some folk do, to post on YouTube . . . eh?!
You're right . That's not mum . No milk
However I remember the first litter of kittens I ever brought home ( they had been dumped ) The male cat I had ran for his life when I first introduced them . Few days latter he was trying to suckle them .

pooky

Old-Salt
Having hand reared kittens I would agree , best to bottle feed at ground level if possible
Hand rearing is very rewarding, the first kitten l hand reared was 3 hours old when l collected him from the vet’s - his young and inexperienced mother had 3 kittens and started to eat them. I collected 2 kittens, 1 died within hours but the other one thrived and lived with his family for 14 years. Single kittens are harder to rear as they don’t settle easily, they spend a lot of energy stumbling around trying to find a sibling to snuggle up to. I currently have 4 who are 3 weeks old and a bit snotty (snotty as in respiratory issues, not snotty as in bad tempered ).

pooky

Old-Salt
Did some bastard abandon those junior moggies? Is he on CCTV?
They were born under a garden shed, the mother cat disappeared (perhaps hit by a car) so the humans, on this occasion, actually acted responsibly. There’s something quite funny about being hissed and spat at by 4 tiny little fluff balls!! I told them that they were very rude. They are no longer spitty or hissy, just sniffly.

TamH70

MIA
They were born under a garden shed, the mother cat disappeared (perhaps hit by a car) so the humans, on this occasion, actually acted responsibly. There’s something quite funny about being hissed and spat at by 4 tiny little fluff balls!! I told them that they were very rude. They are no longer spitty or hissy, just sniffly.
Oh, that's good. I was worried that it was an abandoning/chucked in canal-type scenario. A bit like the one in addeur's video.

Londo

LE
Hand rearing is very rewarding, the first kitten l hand reared was 3 hours old when l collected him from the vet’s - his young and inexperienced mother had 3 kittens and started to eat them. I collected 2 kittens, 1 died within hours but the other one thrived and lived with his family for 14 years. Single kittens are harder to rear as they don’t settle easily, they spend a lot of energy stumbling around trying to find a sibling to snuggle up to. I currently have 4 who are 3 weeks old and a bit snotty (snotty as in respiratory issues, not snotty as in bad tempered ).
Wish you luck with the little snotties . It's hard work but rewarding .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads