Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Bootom

Old-Salt
That's the end to a terrible month.

My beautiful cat, Doona, started to lose weight before Christmas and when we took her to the vets, on the 27th, they ran blood tests and said she had a serious infection and needed to be on a drip for 3 days, then a course of antibiotics.

When we picked her up, they did bloods again, and said she was improving.

After a week on antibiotics, we took her back, bloods again, not good, 30% kidney function, so we took her home, feeding her small meals and water about 8 times a day, and she didn't seem too bad

Yesterday, she took a turn for the worse, and started getting confused, even worse this morning, so I made the heart- breaking decision.

PTS at midday, then brought home, laid out in the sun room for the other cats to pay their respects, then laid to rest beside her father, Vinnie, in the garden.

13 years old, I loved her most of all our cats, because, as far as we know, she was Vinnie's only kitten.

Not the most affectionate cat, she was a free spirit, loving being outside, but she was still a very vocal, loving cat, a very special personality.

RIP, Doona.
Condolences mate, it hurts like buggery. I know, I have been there a few times. Gone but not forgotten, ever.

Condolences mate, it hurts like buggery. I know, I have been there a few times. Gone but not forgotten, ever.
Must have about 10 buried, now, beside our cherry tree.

Not that we've been bad owners, but when you get sick kittens who don't make it, plus the attrition, when you've been owned by a family of up to 7.

82423057_2581944471855531_330348264270331904_n.jpg

Poppy

LE
Kashmir does like to keep me on my toes - she's been lethargic and off her food for a couple of days so I went to the vet this morning - he can't find anything wrong. Expensive beings these cats! Hopefully she'll perk up later on

Kashmir does like to keep me on my toes - she's been lethargic and off her food for a couple of days so I went to the vet this morning - he can't find anything wrong. Expensive beings these cats! Hopefully she'll perk up later on
I hope she brightens up soon

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Anyone else have this problem?

I would close the door but I live on my own and it's a waste of energy, frankly.

IMG_20191229_104630_compress50.jpg

Londo

LE
Must have about 10 buried, now, beside our cherry tree.

Not that we've been bad owners, but when you get sick kittens who don't make it, plus the attrition, when you've been owned by a family of up to 7.
Same but in a flower border :-(

You must be getting to that age, then,when it's easier to sit down, than have to kneel down afterwards, to mop up the splashes........

When my Ginger Bob was a kitten, he used to love coming in and make a little nest inside my undies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20