Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

needlewaver

Old-Salt
"You sat on the edge of the bed, didn't you. You took off your shoes, put your finger between your toes and picked your feet. I'm gonna nail you for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie."
Popeye Doyle Walt

TamH70

MIA
With a hint of lynx?
Yep. In fact, it looks like that lynx from Londo's post two pages ago found his crazy cat lady after all...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Condolences, CTD, from us and the gang.

One of the hardest days of my life today. After over 19 years in our lives we decided, after talking it through with the vet, to say goodbye to this beautiful, feisty, bitey, bundle of joy, fun and trouble. The pain she was going through had reduced her quality of life to an unacceptable level, she'd lost a lot of weight and her kidneys were packing up, she also had arthritis, she was deaf, her eyesight was failing, and she had hyperthyroidism. She still managed to bite Mrs Dummy and the vet before she was through, mind.

View attachment 444238View attachment 444239View attachment 444241
Very sad time for you both.

But what a wonderful Life and so much love you gave her, right up until the very end.

Condolences old friend.

One of the hardest days of my life today. After over 19 years in our lives we decided, after talking it through with the vet, to say goodbye to this beautiful, feisty, bitey, bundle of joy, fun and trouble. The pain she was going through had reduced her quality of life to an unacceptable level, she'd lost a lot of weight and her kidneys were packing up, she also had arthritis, she was deaf, her eyesight was failing, and she had hyperthyroidism. She still managed to bite Mrs Dummy and the vet before she was through, mind.

My condolences - a hard day indeed.

Bootom

Old-Salt

Condolences Crash, it hurts so much when you lose a friend. It sounds like you gave her a good life. In some ways it's only right you should miss her, 19 years is a long time. When it gets dusty, try and remember the good times when she put some sunshine / laughter into your life.

That's the end to a terrible month.

My beautiful cat, Doona, started to lose weight before Christmas and when we took her to the vets, on the 27th, they ran blood tests and said she had a serious infection and needed to be on a drip for 3 days, then a course of antibiotics.

When we picked her up, they did bloods again, and said she was improving.

After a week on antibiotics, we took her back, bloods again, not good, 30% kidney function, so we took her home, feeding her small meals and water about 8 times a day, and she didn't seem too bad

Yesterday, she took a turn for the worse, and started getting confused, even worse this morning, so I made the heart- breaking decision.

PTS at midday, then brought home, laid out in the sun room for the other cats to pay their respects, then laid to rest beside her father, Vinnie, in the garden.

13 years old, I loved her most of all our cats, because, as far as we know, she was Vinnie's only kitten.

Not the most affectionate cat, she was a free spirit, loving being outside, but she was still a very vocal, loving cat, a very special personality.

RIP, Doona.

God's a bastard, he's hogging all the cats to himself.

Sorry to hear it, mate.

Sorry to hear that. Strongs to both you and CTD. They leave huge holes in us when they're no longer around.

Londo

LE

My beautiful cat, Doona, started to lose weight before Christmas and when we took her to the vets, on the 27th, they ran blood tests and said she had a serious infection and needed to be on a drip for 3 days, then a course of antibiotics.

After a week on antibiotics, we took her back, bloods again, not good, 30% kidney function, so we took her home, feeding her small meals and water about 8 times a day, and she didn't seem too bad

Yesterday, she took a turn for the worse, and started getting confused, even worse this morning, so I made the heart- breaking decision.

PTS at midday, then brought home, laid out in the sun room for the other cats to pay their respects, then laid to rest beside her father, Vinnie, in the garden.

13 years old, I loved her most of all our cats, because, as far as we know, she was Vinnie's only kitten.

Not the most affectionate cat, she was a free spirit, loving being outside, but she was still a very vocal, loving cat, a very special personality.

RIP, Doona.
So sorry , may she live on in you're hearts .

RIP, Doona.
My heartfelt condolences mate. This season isn't being kind to us.

RiP Doona, I hope you meet Dusty wherever it is you've both gone to and have a cat laugh about your faithful servants.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads