Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Does anyone know if there is anything going on with Whiskas Cat Food?
There is a definite shortage in town leaving every store with empty shelves, and obviously our Pips won't eat anything else, or she will eat it begrudgingly but only when she is on her last dying breath. It just seem weird that a month ago Whiskas were the best sellers according to the store owners I've talked to and now there ain't any :-(

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There is a definite shortage in town leaving every store with empty shelves, and obviously our Pips won't eat anything else, or she will eat it begrudgingly but only when she is on here last dying breath. It just seem weird that a month ago Whiskas were the best sellers according to the store owners I've talked to and now there ain't any :-(
Any floods or snowstorms around your way? If not, put it down to pensioners stocking up in case Labour get in!

In other news, Pips had a little wander into the first snow fall, it lasted not too long maybe coz it was -15c at the time.
1573839606777.png

On the plus side all we need to do is say "Come on Pips - Inside" and she quite happily runs back indoors without any of the usual kerfuffle or high speed chase.

There is a definite shortage in town leaving every store with empty shelves, and obviously our Pips won't eat anything else, or she will eat it begrudgingly but only when she is on here last dying breath. It just seem weird that a month ago Whiskas were the best sellers according to the store owners I've talked to and now there ain't any :-(
Albanian cat gangs ram raiding shops and flogging them off cheap south of the border according to the Beeb News.

Maybe.

Any floods or snowstorms around your way? If not, put it down to pensioners stocking up in case Labour get in!
Canada - Winter - there is always snow on the way :eek: but to answer your point it seems to be a supply shortage as opposed to weather related, even the large Superstores are running out.

Europe's remaining horses are all healthy and well-loved.

There is a definite shortage in town leaving every store with empty shelves, and obviously our Pips won't eat anything else, or she will eat it begrudgingly but only when she is on her last dying breath. It just seem weird that a month ago Whiskas were the best sellers according to the store owners I've talked to and now there ain't any :-(
I blame Brexit.

Don't knock horsemeat...I wouldn't feed it to animals...far too tasty...first had it in Sardinia as horseburger, then gravitated to steaks...bloody lovely.
That's the wurst idea ever :)

I've tried to get a photo of BWB with an orange to look like a fried egg. Every time I put the orange on him, he thinks it's a live grenade and makes a bolt for the door! :D

We've spent 2 years turning a MQ back yard desert into something that encourages birds into our yard. Dogs that 'roam' and attack other animals are killed, but the next door neighbour's cats, 'that are only doing what's natural' have, in the course of the summer, cleared our yard of avian life. Cat owners accept no responsibility for the actions of their pets.

Thanks for the SABC, but at least you were prepared to comment.

Birds can fly; cats can't.

Poppy

LE

I buy in bulk over the net from zooplus so have about 100 boxes :( .........not sure what will happen post Brexit as it comes from Germany

Londo

LE
We've spent 2 years turning a MQ back yard desert into something that encourages birds into our yard. Dogs that 'roam' and attack other animals are killed, but the next door neighbour's cats, 'that are only doing what's natural' have, in the course of the summer, cleared our yard of avian life. Cat owners accept no responsibility for the actions of their pets.

Thanks for the SABC, but at least you were prepared to comment.
Fair enough and I do understand your comment and feelings , I am a cat lover and also a bird lover . The birds that come into my garden are predated on more from sparrowhawks than cats but I would not want to see them burnt alive either .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads