Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Our cat, a five or six year old moggie, got her tail caught in our back door when it slammed due to high winds as she was sunning herself on our back landing. She suffered a partial traumatic amputation of this appendage (I think that's the right term). Fortunately the local vets were able to patch her up although this cost $620 plus. She, however, had rid our house of rodents and kept it so, thus I reckoned I owed her.

She got a general anesthetic, her tail trimmed (more had to go than I'd thought) plus a Methadone shot when she woke up, and when I first saw her, she looked in human terms as though she'd just woke up from a week long drunk. Quite a few local scrotes would love a free shot of Methadone, albeit more for recreational reasons. An odd few could do with an overdose of it.

We got her back two days ago, and soon enough she had got her bandage off. That's been replaced by the vets, who've told us to keep her indoors until the middle of next week. Our dog has been banished outdoors pro tem, lest she playfully chase the cat. Now the cat sucks up to both of us trying to get one of us to let her out. Animals, you don't realize how attached you become to them until they're injured, or worse, killed.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been posted before.

cat selfies.jpg

How does it feel to be a two-cat family?
There are advantages to a multi cat family. I currently have 2.5 cats (two adults and a 5 month old ginger girl)
Winter is approaching and the damned Canadians keep exporting their second hand weather to Massachusetts. 28F (-2C) and it will be going down to 22F(-5.5C) at night this week.
I find myself in bed with all three in bed with me, snuggling up to keep me warm at night. It is rather touching that they love me and work to keep me warm.

TamH70

MIA
There are advantages to a multi cat family. I currently have 2.5 cats (two adults and a 5 month old ginger girl)
Winter is approaching and the damned Canadians keep exporting their second hand weather to Massachusetts. 28F (-2C) and it will be going down to 22F(-5.5C) at night this week.
I find myself in bed with all three in bed with me, snuggling up to keep me warm at night. It is rather touching that they love me and work to keep me warm.
They may love you, but they've also got an ulterior motive - keeping you warm keeps you alive, and keeps you able to feed them packaged food, saving them from having to go hunting in that horrible cold weather.

They’re plotting

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It is rather touching that they love me and work to keep me warm.
You do say the funniest things.

"They work to keep me warm".

Ho! Ho! Ho!

cat-pun-cartoon-when-im-with-you-lm-feline-good.jpeg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads