Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Londo

LE
@Londo - Looks like my baby who is fitting in well with the two older cats.

now that the US has changed from daylight time I find myself waking at ungodly hours with whiskers tickling my nose as they wonder when their staff will provide breakfast.
That's nice to know . Thanks for taking the time to tell . I'm sure you will get lots of happiness from the latest edition to your family .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1572995260252.png

cat-pun-cartoon-purrramid.jpeg

Oh!! . . . . a Mummy cat . . . . and, a Daddy cat . . . . = . . . KITTENS !! :)

Last edited:
That is so nice to know Jake and I have been missed. Had lots going on and still more c**p to get sorted - let's just say Jake has been my rock
I was only asking, a week or so ago, if anybody had heard from you. It's a relief to know Jake is OK ;)

Bloody Cat! Jeeves had his tea at about 5.30 and went out, at about 6 the fireworks started not too close, but near enough to be fairly loud. He's absolutely petrified of fireworks, usually heads off upstairs like a rocket to hide under my bed until a couple of hours after they stop. No Jeeves, started calling, still no Jeeves, left it a while started calling again, nothing. left it another 30 min, called again, no Jeeves. By this time it's pi**ing it down, so off I go up the road, shaking the Dreamies bag and calling, back down the road, round the block, nothing. By this time I'm getting really worried. Just thinking about going out again about 10 when the cat door opens, and in saunters a slightly damp, but certainly not soaking wet cat, demolishes the best part of 2 pouches of food and settles down in front of the fire after giving me the 'What, no hearth rug'? look.

jeeves fire.png

Cats are very good at finding warm dry places.

As to fireworks,apparently not as much of a nuisance here in the US compared with the UK, July 3rd and 4th are the only nights you can hear much, but oddly my cats totally ignore fireworks, it does not seem to bother them.
On the other hand Lizzie, my late lamented English Springer Spaniel would hear fireworks and have a nervous breakdown and hide in the back of a closet from evening of the 3rd of July emerging very late on the night of the 4th.

Cats are very good at finding warm dry places.

As to fireworks,apparently not as much of a nuisance here in the US compared with the UK, July 3rd and 4th are the only nights you can hear much, but oddly my cats totally ignore fireworks, it does not seem to bother them.
On the other hand Lizzie, my late lamented English Springer Spaniel would hear fireworks and have a nervous breakdown and hide in the back of a closet from evening of the 3rd of July emerging very late on the night of the 4th.
Furby and her sisters Bella and Missy were never bothered by them, they'd sit on the window sill and watch them.

Other cats have varied between not being particularly bothered and not much liking them but I've never had a cat with such a strong reaction as Jeeves. Scud doesn't like them, or storms but he's nowhere as bad. Jeeves doesn't like the rustling sound of plastic bin bags either, He disappears upstairs on a Monday night when I put the rubbish out and replace the bin liners.

Oddly they are both unaffected by fireworks or storms on the TV, maybe the sound quality is different.

Oddly they are both unaffected by fireworks or storms on the TV, maybe the sound quality is different.
None of my cats have ever reacted to any major degree to lightning/thunder but Lizzie the Springer was terrified of lightning/thunder. If I was in the living room she would get between my legs and the chair.
She also would hide behind the toilet underneath the tank. Lightning was far worse than the hoover monster for her.

Only time the cats freaked out was the day lightning hit my next door neighbors shed. The shed was once the well house for my home, built about the midpoint of the reign of HM Victoria of blessed memory. Old pipes once connected the shed to the cistern on the third floor of my home. Apparently the lightning strike sent some sort of electrical pulse through the earth. My microwave, VCR, and TV were killed and for about a two home radius neighbors had various appliances killed, six homes that I know of.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads