Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Monty417

RIP        
Love 'em or hate 'em, they've been living with and around humans since prehistoric times, at least 9,500 yrs, probably even back at least to the 8th century. They can function quite well as vermin killers, especially on farms and were even used for retrieving in hunting by the ancient Egyptians. There is a saying 'Dogs have masters...cats have servants.'

What are your thoughts on cats? Have you as a cat owner any advice for other cat owners, or potential owners? or stories, pics of your own cat etc to show?

This is not meant to be a cat V dog thread, it's mainly for interesting or funny anecdotes, advice and pics etc.

I never bothered one way or another about cats until we took a kitten from a friend in 1983, since that one, we've had 2 Maine Coons and 3 Bengals, 2 of which we still have, and I freely admit to being a real admirer of them now, especially the Bengals. All of them have been brought up alongside Staffies and have been treated by them as if they were other dogs, even though the dogs won't tolerate any other cats.

Digger and Duncan fighting as usual
Picture 004.jpg

Mine is called "The enigmatic Colonel Walter E. Kurtz" to give him his full title,he answers to Kurtz if there is food in the bargain or Shithead in the early hours. I couldnt imagine life without him,he has been run over three times and attacked by a fox once. I rather suspect he is the Cat equivilent of Barnes in Platoon.
Im always reminded of the Far side cartoon which show a bloke holding a cat up in front of a mirror which isnt showing any reflection.The caption is "Just as I always suspected!"

My mum is like that mad old lady from the Simpsons who has millions of cats. On last inspection she had 6. One of them was my cat when I used to live there which means it must be about 20 years old now.

The missus also has a cat which is absolutely nails, a few months ago it had a fight with a police car and broke it's jaw, two days later it was squaring up to all the other cats in the neighbourhood, albeit with a bit of a limp and a slightly mongy jaw.

I think they are both girls, to be honest I haven't really looked, I respect their privacy. Problem is I can't touch them because I am horrendously allergic to them, it's like being CS gassed when I go near them and it brings me out in rashes and hot and cold sweats.

Smudge the ancient cat:
65915_1198564662319_1774609003_381316_5849819_n.jpg

Sprite the nails cat:
n656775058_664645_2733.jpg

Co sign montys opening post, until you'v owned a cat you dont know, technically its my birds but I love the ginger little shite all the same. I used to hate them though, they recon cats can see into your soul and if they like you your a good person. Im a convert.

Cats rule dogs drewl etc etc.

They are evil, slinky, haughty, drop fur everywhere, shred your curtains, leave half eaten mice on your doorstep, poo in next doors flower beds, scratch your leather sofa, eat really smelly food, are aloof and snotty and I have 3 of them :D

Owning a cat is a statement, that you're secure enough in yourself not to need a sense of slavish, unquestioning devotion in a pet.

Correction: Being owned by a cat. Sorry.

An ex of mine had a cat called Felix (black and white with big paws) he was an annoying little twat. Always at your food, hair everywhere and once shit on my trainers. The little git would even get in my side of the bed when I got up for a wazz in the middle of the night.

I got home one night and found him all over the path at the bottom of the road. Some fcuker on a trial bike had hit him. The first and only 'pet' I ever had and wouldn't have another as the pain of loosing a bloody animal that got on my tits was just too much.

I really had grown to love the little cnut. Weird