Categories

To try and get a bit of structure to the Wiki I've started to create categories into which things go. These allow the creation of index pages with details of the subcategories & pages which comprise a given category.

As an example the category 'British Army' contains the subcategories of Buzzwords & Equipment & a list of pages. British Army is itself a subcategory of 'UK Military' which also contains the Royal Air Force & Royal Navy.

A full list of the categories available to date is here. To add a page to a category you need to edit it and add the following at the very top - [[Category: British Army (or whatever)]]

Bad CO said:
To try and get a bit of structure to the Wiki I've started to create categories into which things go. These allow the creation of index pages with details of the subcategories & pages which comprise a given category.

As an example the category 'British Army' contains the subcategories of Buzzwords & Equipment & a list of pages. British Army is itself a subcategory of 'UK Military' which also contains the Royal Air Force & Royal Navy.

A full list of the categories available to date is here. To add a page to a category you need to edit it and add the following at the very top - [[Category: British Army (or whatever)]]
It is my (limited) understanding that there is a definitional difference between 'Military' and 'Naval', thus 'Royal Navy' under 'UK Military' is a contradiction in terms, though the apparent dialectic is, to some extent, addressed by the existence of the Royal Marines as a military sub-set of the UK Naval force, having operational responsibilities of a trans-littoral nature. What I'm really working round to is; what on Earth is the RAF doing in the 'UK military' category?