Categories

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, May 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

To try and get a bit of structure to the Wiki I've started to create categories into which things go. These allow the creation of index pages with details of the subcategories & pages which comprise a given category.

As an example the category 'British Army' contains the subcategories of Buzzwords & Equipment & a list of pages. British Army is itself a subcategory of 'UK Military' which also contains the Royal Air Force & Royal Navy.

A full list of the categories available to date is here. To add a page to a category you need to edit it and add the following at the very top - [[Category: British Army (or whatever)]]

2. It is my (limited) understanding that there is a definitional difference between 'Military' and 'Naval', thus 'Royal Navy' under 'UK Military' is a contradiction in terms, though the apparent dialectic is, to some extent, addressed by the existence of the Royal Marines as a military sub-set of the UK Naval force, having operational responsibilities of a trans-littoral nature. What I'm really working round to is; what on Earth is the RAF doing in the 'UK military' category?