CATAC booked on in Feb07 advice needed please

Hi, I'm TA Inf, recently back from Herrick and booked on CATAC next year.

I hear that it is now a combined 2 week course for Regular and TA officers, but that the Regulars can also do a 3 week pre-training course.

I would like to prepare myself for the course in terms of pre-reading, fitness and practice(estimate, orders etc).

Has anyone been on the combined course?

What should I do in terms of pre-training?

Can you point me towards any other relevant sources of information?

Thanks, WM.

I taught on a recent CATAC cse. not much you need to do by way of prep really, its death by P/P. Get your head into the all arms aspect of MK1 if you can, massively tedious though.

Did it in July. Would suggest getting to grip with the 7 Questions and gather an understanding of the All Arms Battle.

There was no 3 week pre course though.

For the....

1st week - know your Ops planning: and get totally au fait with the BG DSO matrix especially. Know the principles of attack, defence, armour, ATk, OS planning, all for the TEWTS; know the basics of reserve dem, relief in place, withdrawal etc, all for the classroom powerpoint discussions.

2nd week: Not forgetting any of the aboveGet your TAMS sorted out, and ensure you know your drills and task orgs (including your own variations) for various ops and environments: especially coy quick attack, OBUA, FIWAF, BG deliberate attack.

Overall, enjoy, it's the last time in your career you'll get to command a platoon or a tank troop, a non-assessed command appointment that fills in a lot of time between assessed appointments such as coy OC, BG Ops etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FredKarno Army Reserve 19
W Army Reserve 1
Jelly_Baby Officers 10