Cat stew recipe

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by boris7, Sep 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "eat my pussy!" purrrrrrrr!

(obvious but....sorry...it had to be done........!)

2. Don't knock it, ask the CO 1 Armddiv at Verden in the mid-70s. Chef in Offrs Mess got away with it for a while, passing it off as rabbit, until the MO noticed the shape of the ribs, did some checking and the chef got 6 months in Colly.

Aparrently, if cooked properly with some herbs and spices, it tastes quite good, providing it is young moggies.

3. Yummy...fancy a little toxoplasmosis for supper tonight dear?!
    I realy dont think i fancy eating something that lives of rats lizards and spiders, however young and fresh it is!
    Does that rule you out boris?!

4. I first reported sick when the Dead Sea did.... yes I am a bit toxic at times!! :lol:

5. i guess i'll need to update my vaccinations then!
    How old and tough ARE you then boris?......can you still get it up or do you smell of wee and need someone to pre suck your digestive biscuits?!

6. As the Chinese say 'if it moves eat it' me dad told me that in the last war cat was sold as rabbit, I must admit I have often fancied a bit of cat meat.

On the way to work in the distance past, I came across a fresh road killed moggie I must admit I was tempted take it chop it up and try it...was domestic cat as it had a collar on.

I am very partial to wild rabbit & squirrel...in fact I had squirrel, wood pigeon and beef stewing meat pie for tea last...yum..yum

7. Ok then BANDSMAN....lets do a dinner party....you fry up the cat as the main course....i was thinking of this for a starter.......

"Fried Green Tomato Hornworms
    Yield: 4 servings

What does a tomato hornworm taste like? Well, what would you taste like if you'd been stuffing yourself solely with tomato leaves for the better part of a month? Hornworms are ridiculously chlorophyll-rich. They taste great with just about any summer vegetable, but my favorite recipe draws inspiration from the cuisine of the Whistle Stop Cafe, that fictitious Alabama diner made famous by novelist Fanny Flagg.

"You'll think you died and gone to heaven," boasts Flagg of her recipe. To which I add, "If you do go to heaven, ask the Powers That Be to keep the tomato hornworms out of my vegetable patch."

3 tablespoons olive oil
    16 tomato hornworms
    4 medium green tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
    Salt and pepper to taste
    White cornmeal
    In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil. Then lightly fry the hornworms, about 4 minutes, taking care not to rupture the cuticles of each insect under high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

Season tomato rounds with salt and pepper, then coat with cornmeal on both sides.

In a large skillet, fry tomatoes until lightly browned on both sides

Top each round with 2 fried tomato hornworms.

Garnish the paired hornworms with a single basil leaf.

For more recipes?"

.........any ideas for a desert?

8. Here is the link you forgot!!!! :roll:

http://www.olympus.net/dggordon/EatASample.htm

9. STARFIRE -no is the short answer to that..the only thing that springs to mind is me 'mams' bread & butter puding laced with my tears after she had given me a gooding hiding.

Anyway in my defence I am at work beavering away...

Still the recipe sounds yummy

10. Why thank you boris!
    I came accross this while searching for that elusive desert recipe....now would you eat this........?

Attached Files:

11. I have eaten scorpian, not bad actually, you need to take the stinger off tough.

12. Good lord.....i realy would have to be more than a little peckish to indulge...i'm sorry!
    Makes me realise how bloody lucky i am not to have to eat such putrid things!
    Thank heavens for meat and two veg!

13. I prefer my protein in liquid form anyway!

14. There's not much protien in dioreah.