Cat predicts patients deaths...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by frog_face, Jul 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A U.S. cat can predict the deaths of patients in a nursing home, in Providence, Rhode Island. The cat apparently curls up to the patient who will die soon after. The cat has been right in 25 cases, and if the cat curls up next to a patient their family is 'informed' to brace themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6917113.stm

Now, I am not being cynical but is there a chance that these old immune weakened folks are being killed by infections off the bloody cat? If I was a coffin dodger and that cat came near me I would make sure the thing came with me in the afterlife...

2. Yeah but the link doesn't show the photo of the real cat - its a lion :D

3. Actually no. I read this one a few days ago, the patients usually die within 4 hours of the cats visit. That's not enough time.

Also, they said the cat usually isn't very friend to people, so if it comes to see you, look out.

They did say that the cat may be interested by the heating blankets they put on the person or alert by the actions of the nurses.

I believe that some animals can sense when someone is sick or dying, not supernatural, just able to distinguish a difference in the way you smell. Something along those lines.

4. It is if the cat curls up over their mouth and nose :D

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Maybe one of the nurses is a witch and its hers....

..have they checked the stiffs for cat treats :?

6. My dog can predict when my sugar is low(diabetic) if I lay on my back she comes over, sits between my armpit and chest and paws my face. If i am on my front she pushes her nose under my armpit and pushes me over. clever things animals.

7. I have also heard that dogs can predict earthquakes. And a friend's dog goes ape hours before a thunderstorm. I was joking about the cat and infections (well, sort of) but if still came near me I would beat it off with a shittty stick!

8. Being near any kind of pussy at that age is surely enough to push you over the edge...

...I'll fetch my long brown coat.

9. I'm allergic to the little furry b*ggers, despite having one on the Permanent Staff of the house I grew up in. Little b*st*rd put me in hospital for a week sucking on oxygen.

If it came near me, I'd guarantee it a place in front of me in the queue at the Pearly Gates. Or a fireside bedspace down in the 'Hot Place' (more likely).

10. How many cases has the cat been wrong in? If it's 25 for 25, fair enough - if it's 25 out of 200, it starts looking a lot less impressive.

11. As long as I use a little judiciously applied salmon paste, my neighbours cat knows unerringly when I need anilingus.