Cat A Online Theory Practice

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by beemer007, Oct 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title suggests, can any of the Biking community recommend an online practice source?

DAC not CBT is the preferred route but i'm aware with the ongoing DSA changes and forthcoming restrictions coming into force soon

Any help's appreciated.
  2. Pretty sure you still do the CBT on the direct access scheme...

I bought the book, so I could use it anytime I had 5 mins spare, worked for me.
  3. I used the book previously & i'll not be discounting that option either.
  4. yup unless you already have done it the CBT is the first part of your direct access course, followed by the theory test and hazard perception test.

this is then followed by your part 1 ( cbt test around the cones) on a 500 cc foloowed by at least 3 days later your part 2, which is the ride out with an examiner.

the plan for january 2013 is an increased part 1 ie more sections and bigger bikes ie minimum 600 cc

if you go to a reputable school for your direct access course, they will normally supply/loan you the test cd-rom free of charge

hope this helps mate
  5. HHH

HHH LE

6. Cheers all for the above links,

The original plan is obtain the Theory certificate before getting the DAC researched and booked sharpish due to incoming DSA changes & of course the 2 year window the Theory certificate is valid for.