Casualty statistics - advice needed pls...

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by percybubble, Aug 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm (trying) to write an essay on pelvic fractures in an operational setting and am looking for statistics relating to pelvic fractures seen in afganistan and iraq. Does anyone know where i could find information on it. I've tried Army net and googled till my eyes bled! Any advice would be appreciated, thanks xx

2. Speak to the Academic Department of Military Emergency Medicine (ADMEM) at B'ham. They maintain a database, they may be able to help if you have appropriate credentials.

3. If no joy from there, you can try Aeromed at RAF lyneham. but to be honest, i'd think you'd struggle to get the stats. They haven't been openly released for a reason me thinks.

4. ADMEM is the only place you'll get the info your after. Contact the PS for Prof Emergency Medicine.

5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Do an FOI request for them, but frame the question very carefully.

6. what about someone in DMSD?

7. You mean there's people actually working there?????? :roll:

8. Academic and military there must be a contradiction here. These two things just dont mix.

9. Again, ADMEM are the only people who have this info. Dont waste your time following other paths. Its a Tri service department gathering ALL the major trauma info from both Herrick and Telic. As I'm sure you can imagine it's a busy place.

10. or Med Int Cell at AMD

11. erm... nope. Unless they approach ADMEM for that kind of info.

12. :D

So you may think, but these technical weenies do their bit in the R & D process for things like body armour etc that save lives on a daily basis. IMHO their work is invaluable as is the diligence of those filling out the trauma paperwork in the field hospitals and back home.

13. well said, everything has to be evidence based to allow change. Protection, Training, Treatment. DSTL and DASA work closely with ADMEM to compile reports which drive change :pc: