Casual Gaming Chat Thread.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Story expansion? Season Pass? Exclusive story content pay-walled off!?!

Get out of here, Stalker!

Who is the new boss at GSC Gaming? Todd Howard?
1623962884825.png

you get the art book, a rucksack, dog tags, patches, an artifact lamp and some other bollox.

I don't even consider stuff like this usually but I've been pretty obsessed with this game since 2008.

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
well, that's fair enough to a degree - it sounds about average for what they go for on fleabay and they have the costs of their 24 month guarantee (which you can't argue with on used kit) anf their overheads.

but kindles?? nah.

CEX are my besties at the moment. I found a 1070 at a carboot sale, about which the nice lady told me 'it's my son's and I don't know if it works, so I don't anyone to pay more than £1 for it".

Took it home, and promptly broke two of the brackets for the casing whilst trying to clean out the dust.

It worked fine for 3 days in my PC so I took it to CEX who gave me £234 for it.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

This looks extremely good.
This is a genuine question, not snarky, but what looks so good about it? Other than it seems to be space based, what is involved?

TamH70

MIA
This is a genuine question, not snarky, but what looks so good about it? Other than it seems to be space based, what is involved?
Fallout in space, with the Creation Eng... I mean, Gamebryo fouling everything up for early adopters until the PC modders get to grips with it and do Bethesda Softworks ******* job for them as usual.

It's looking like it's going to be the first mainline Bethesda RPG that I am not going to bother buying.

And this is coming from someone who actually bought and enjoyed Fallout 76.

4(T)

LE
Fallout in space, with the Creation Eng... I mean, Gamebryo fouling everything up for early adopters until the PC modders get to grips with it and do Bethesda Softworks ******* job for them as usual.

It's looking like it's going to be the first mainline Bethesda RPG that I am not going to bother buying.

My measure of a game these days is whether the modding community can get access from day1, and to what extent.

CEX are my besties at the moment. I found a 1070 at a carboot sale, about which the nice lady told me 'it's my son's and I don't know if it works, so I don't anyone to pay more than £1 for it".

Took it home, and promptly broke two of the brackets for the casing whilst trying to clean out the dust.

It worked fine for 3 days in my PC so I took it to CEX who gave me £234 for it.
I went to Ards Shopping centre the other day, down in Newtonards, here in Northern Ireland. The CEX store there, had a RTX 3090 in the window priced at £2400..

Mental.

Microsoft has bought Bethesda, it looks graphically very good for next gen console

Microsoft has bought Bethesda, it looks graphically very good for next gen console
They'll also have a far bigger budget to develop the game and the game only being developed for Xbox/PC architecture, means it should be alot easier to ship the game in a better quality state.

They'll also have a far bigger budget to develop the game and the game only being developed for Xbox/PC architecture, means it should be alot easier to ship the game in a better quality state.
Yep, if it sucks there will trouble shoot it, fix it, then like undeadlabs keep the updates and content coming for years, interact with gamers invite to closed and open beta’s to see what works, what doesn’t etc.

If you doubt this, have a look at state of decay 2, on Monday it is having a big update (25), free, a lot in that update has been put forward by users, biggest gripe was not having a side arm, (pistol), you could only equip one distance weapon.

That is being fixed, they usually do a 90 min chat/podcast every week on what’s new, what’s in the pipeline, why they did it the way they did, limitations on game engine etc.

They are a bit west coast American, politically who strangely enjoy firearms and hard liquor.
State of Decay 3 is in my wish list for late next year.

Yep, if it sucks there will trouble shoot it, fix it, then like undeadlabs keep the updates and content coming for years, interact with gamers invite to closed and open beta’s to see what works, what doesn’t etc.

If you doubt this, have a look at state of decay 2, on Monday it is having a big update (25), free, a lot in that update has been put forward by users, biggest gripe was not having a side arm, (pistol), you could only equip one distance weapon.

That is being fixed, they usually do a 90 min chat/podcast every week on what’s new, what’s in the pipeline, why they did it the way they did, limitations on game engine etc.

They are a bit west coast American, politically who strangely enjoy firearms and hard liquor.
State of Decay 3 is in my wish list for late next year.
I think Bethesdas problem over the years has been that they have had complex games, with massive scopes in development but Zenimax hasn't had the financial resources to deliver the games in a solid working state.

A bit like CDPR I suppose.

Microsofts massive financial might and their tilt towards gaming domination can only be a good thing for those types of developers.

4(T)

LE
I think Bethesdas problem over the years has been that they have had complex games, with massive scopes in development but Zenimax hasn't had the financial resources to deliver the games in a solid working state.

A bit like CDPR I suppose.

Microsofts massive financial might and their tilt towards gaming domination can only be a good thing for those types of developers.

Even though Witcher3 came out as a great game, you can see that it must have been topped and tailed in haste to get it to market when the money ran out. There seems to be lots of planned content that was abandoned, and holes in the story that seem to be papered over.

Lets not mention Star Citizen....

Even though Witcher3 came out as a great game, you can see that it must have been topped and tailed in haste to get it to market when the money ran out. There seems to be lots of planned content that was abandoned, and holes in the story that seem to be papered over.

Lets not mention Star Citizen....
I think The Witcher 3 was also full of bugs as well and fixed after launch.

I'm honestly thought Microsoft would've moved for CD Project Red, when their share price crumbled.

Hopefully they go for the Rocksteady studio from Warner Bros. Xbox is severely lacking 1st party, 3rd person adventure games in the same genre as Assassins Creed or Tomb Raider.

Latest Threads