Casual Gaming Chat Thread.

Ritch

LE
The bespoke hard drives? are they worth the coin, I’ve got a 1TB usb hard drive, not used it on the x yet.
I am looking forward to Battlefield 2042, will get MSFS and be deluded enough to think Far Cry 6 will be any good.

I have no idea yet but I'm getting to the 1tb limit on my console. Any more big games will mean I either need to delete some of the others or man up and spend £200+.

Ritch

LE
Battlefield, Far Cry and Forza will be my games to play this year.. I still have you on my older gamertag, need to add you on my newer tag. Does Jixian still play Xbox?

What's your newer one and I'll add you.

Yep, Jix is still online. He's the other I play regular with. I'd tag him but he's not on here anymore.

What's your newer one and I'll add you.

Yep, Jix is still online. He's the other I play regular with. I'd tag him but he's not on here anymore.
Ulster 36th Div

The gameplay trailer for the only game I want to buy at the moment got released recently and it's got its official title - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl:

It looks pretty, and they've got another year or so to fix the bugs. The only bug in the soup is that it looks to be an Xbox and Windows 10 PC exclusive, which will please any fans of the game franchise who have PS5s and the like.

They're doing pre-orders now, which seems a bit cheeky.

Love it in games where you can just pick up a random scope, whack it on your gun and start knocking out headshots from 300 metres with it, none of this 25 round zeroing and grouping from the prone position malarky! :mrgreen:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Anyone else tried enlisted?

Just downloaded it today and having a whale of a time, mostly sniping.

Anyone else tried enlisted?

Just downloaded it today and having a whale of a time, mostly sniping.
It looks interesting but is it full of 12 year olds who will kill me before I've even worked out which direction to run in?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It looks interesting but is it full of 12 year olds who will kill me before I've even worked out which direction to run in?

Even if you do get killed instead of respawning (although depending on the injury you can give self aid and recover) you can swap to another squad member. Get a tank as generally the infantry ignore them and you can rampage through the enemy like covid in a care home

That's why I like Post Scriptum, it's still easy to die in it but it tends to attract more mature players who generally appreciate doing things tactically. I'm sure the new Battlefield game will be fun but it will be full of insufferable cvnts, especially now streaming is such a big thing among the youth.

Even if you do get killed instead of respawning (although depending on the injury you can give self aid and recover) you can swap to another squad member. Get a tank as generally the infantry ignore them and you can rampage through the enemy like covid in a care home
I am on PC. Is it cross-platform for an ARRSE clan?

4(T)

LE
The gameplay trailer for the only game I want to buy at the moment got released recently and it's got its official title - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl:

It looks pretty, and they've got another year or so to fix the bugs. The only bug in the soup is that it looks to be an Xbox and Windows 10 PC exclusive, which will please any fans of the game franchise who have PS5s and the like.

They're doing pre-orders now, which seems a bit cheeky.

Looks great.

The £50 pre-order eleven months (est.) upfront isn't so great, though.

That's why I like Post Scriptum, it's still easy to die in it but it tends to attract more mature players who generally appreciate doing things tactically. I'm sure the new Battlefield game will be fun but it will be full of insufferable cvnts, especially now streaming is such a big thing among the youth.
The kids can fcuk off to COD, while the adults stay on Battlefield.

I've waited years for Battlefield to be decent again.. the wee fcukers aren't ruining my swansong years before I get too old to play FPS games.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Last edited:
The kids can fcuk off to COD, while the adults stay on Battlefield.

I've waited years for Battlefield to be decent again.. the wee fcukers aren't ruining my swansong years before I get too old to play FPS games.

I remember putting countless hours into Battlefield 2 when that was in its prime, absolutely loved it back then. One of my favourite tricks was climbing a construction crane as a sniper and planting claymores on the ladder, I'd lay there up top picking off loads of folks, and every now and again when someone figured out where I was I would hear a bang and I'd snigger when I saw the "so and so was killed by claymore" message on screen. Sometimes it would reach a point where I'd infuriated the other team that much they had the commander trying to drop artillery on the crane and helicopters circling it trying to pick me off :rofl:

I also loved sneaking into the enemy bases, planting C4 on the helicopters, then just hiding until a load of bods jumped in it, I'd let it get airborne before blowing it up, then laugh at all the grief coming through on the chat box

I remember putting countless hours into Battlefield 2 when that was in its prime, absolutely loved it back then. One of my favourite tricks was climbing a construction crane as a sniper and planting claymores on the ladder, I'd lay there up top picking off loads of folks, and every now and again when someone figured out where I was I would hear a bang and I'd snigger when I saw the "so and so was killed by claymore" message on screen. Sometimes it would reach a point where I'd infuriated the other team that much they had the commander trying to drop artillery on the crane and helicopters circling it trying to pick me off :rofl:

I also loved sneaking into the enemy bases, planting C4 on the helicopters, then just hiding until a load of bods jumped in it, I'd let it get airborne before blowing it up, then laugh at all the grief coming through on the chat box
Made me laugh, I enjoy camping on the farmland water towers in warzone. Lot's of kills with a bit of patience.

Made me laugh, I enjoy camping on the farmland water towers in warzone. Lot's of kills with a bit of patience.

I used to get some awesome kills on the Wake Island map from the deck of the aircraft carrier as well, I remember it used to tell you the distance from you to the target.

Another good one was hiding C4 around the base of a flag after it had been captured. Most of your team would usually move off to go and capture the next one but I'd just hide somewhere waiting for some enemy bods to come sneaking in to capture it, then blow them up when I saw the flag ticker start counting down. Again this would usually spark a load of abuse in the chat box from the players who rage at sneaky tactics because they think everyone should just sprint around everywhere firing from the hip like a kid on E numbers.

TamH70

MIA
Another video from the guys at Viva the Dirt League about Dark Souls:

Isn't that cheating?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

as a commander I'd watch for an enemy blob who wasn't moving (using the scan then UAV) then bomb the living **** out of that grid

I used to get some awesome kills on the Wake Island map from the deck of the aircraft carrier as well, I remember it used to tell you the distance from you to the target.

Another good one was hiding C4 around the base of a flag after it had been captured. Most of your team would usually move off to go and capture the next one but I'd just hide somewhere waiting for some enemy bods to come sneaking in to capture it, then blow them up when I saw the flag ticker start counting down. Again this would usually spark a load of abuse in the chat box from the players who rage at sneaky tactics because they think everyone should just sprint around everywhere firing from the hip like a kid on E numbers.
Me and my mate have always been the two wee bstards, who go to the edge of the enemy base and put mines down on the exit roads from the vehicle spawns.

Latest Threads