Casual Gaming Chat Thread.

TamH70

MIA
BTW, just in case any of you folks still want "The Witcher III: Wild Hunt" and haven't yet got it for some reason, it's currently on sale at Humble Bundle for under seven quid, and 'tis the full-fat version with all the goodies:

Yon's a steal, to be honest.

This is a pretty decent company and battalion sized RTS/turn based Cold War themed game. It is a trip going back 40 years, and I have a feeling the mods for it will be endless over the coming years.

RE8 comes out tomorrow!!

How the **** do I download content

I have immortals Fenyx Rising gold edition, Ive entered the code for the 3 DLCs, I can see the tick mark on them and the season pass in the store.

But on the left hand side of the screen I can see the 3 tiles for each of DLCs when I scroll over them I get the following message
You own this content but it is not installed yet, please install it or wait the for the download and installation to be completed.

Ritch

LE
How the **** do I download content

I have immortals Fenyx Rising gold edition, Ive entered the code for the 3 DLCs, I can see the tick mark on them and the season pass in the store.

But on the left hand side of the screen I can see the 3 tiles for each of DLCs when I scroll over them I get the following message
You own this content but it is not installed yet, please install it or wait the for the download and installation to be completed.

Have you actually gone into the store, onto Fenyx Rising's page and installed them?

Have you actually gone into the store, onto Fenyx Rising's page and installed them?
Isnt that what the tick mark means?

1620320160205.png

And I still get the following message

1620320319752.png

Motaka

Old-Salt
I think I've got MGS 4 knocking around too when Microsoft dished it out as a freebie. Nowadays, most of my game buys are ones that are on sale via the digital store.

It's quicker than waiting for a couple of days for the game to come and there's usually quite a good few deals.
Seeing as MGS 4 was a PlayStation 3 exclusive I doubt Microsoft dished it out for free.

Anyhoo, Just finished Evil Within 2 on PlayStation Now. A very atmospheric game let down by poor voice acting. Another gripe is why do horror games need to have leveling system? At the end of the game, I was a super soldier, afraid of nothing. Other than that, recommended if you can pick it up for cheap.

Ritch

LE
Seeing as MGS 4 was a PlayStation 3 exclusive I doubt Microsoft dished it out for free.

Anyhoo, Just finished Evil Within 2 on PlayStation Now. A very atmospheric game let down by poor voice acting. Another gripe is why do horror games need to have leveling system? At the end of the game, I was a super soldier, afraid of nothing. Other than that, recommended if you can pick it up for cheap.

Oooooh alright. I got the wrong one.
I do apologise.

Ritch

LE
Isnt that what the tick mark means?

View attachment 571091

And I still get the following message

View attachment 571092

What you need to do is actually go to the games page on the Microsoft store and download it from there. Click the start button on your controller when the tile it lit up. Select Go to Microsoft Store and you should find it on there under add ons. It should say they're owned by you but need installing onto the console.

Then you should be able to access them in game.

What you need to do is actually go to the games page on the Microsoft store and download it from there. Click the start button on your controller when the tile it lit up. Select Go to Microsoft Store and you should find it on there under add ons. It should say they're owned by you but need installing onto the console.

Then you should be able to access them in game.

Ta

I've just started playing Evil Genius 1, still finding my way around the game, can't get it to train people quick enough so I can't carry out any "Acts of Infamy" meanwhile my notoriety sits at "Meh".
Put more training equipment in your training room for the various minion roles. The more equipment you have, the faster you can train minions to new job roles.

Keep your Evil Genius near the trainees so that the Evil Genius's "area of effect" boosts their attention and loyalty.

Last edited:
Seeing the Evil Genius post reminded me - does anyone have a suggestion for a Dungeon Keeper emulator / how to play it on my Windows machine?

I loved that game as a kid, but my brother broke the disk...no more games for a while, as somehow, according to him and my parents, it was my fault.

The joy of being the younger, and dumber, sibling.

Seeing the Evil Genius post reminded me - does anyone have a suggestion for a Dungeon Keeper emulator / how to play it on my Windows machine?

I loved that game as a kid, but my brother broke the disk...no more games for a while, as somehow, according to him and my parents, it was my fault.

The joy of being the younger, and dumber, sibling.

GOG games have both DK1 and DK2 for sale at £4.39 each or the two together for £7.18 (scroll to the bottom of either page to see offer) - They're fine on Win 7 and Win 10

TamH70

MIA
Well for those of us blessed with no knowledge of whatever this picture is supposed to be do enlighten us as to what it is?

I think it is an achievement that you get in Dark Souls.

Funbaby

Old-Salt
Final action in Dark Souls.

I quit it, left it for six years and then came back to it. Understanding the game mechanics makes a huge difference to the experience.

overall 5/5 stars

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Xbox series X in stock on the Microsoft store.

they don't make it fcuking easy to find the UK online store do they, the cnuts??

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads