Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Casual Gaming Chat Thread.

Hours and hours and hours and hours to get meagre kit, then 'pop', or a glitch (Fire Station stairs were always fraught with danger) and back to zero - no respawn, just reset.

Much has changed since it was opened to the modding community, not least the stability.

On modded servers, bears, disease, wolves, flu, ghillied snipers, hypothermia and frozen infected (amongst other things) are all a greater threat than stairs.

(TBH, I don't thinks stairs or barns kill anyone any more.)

Further to my last, I finally finished my first run through the Tale of Two Wasteland's mega mod. I eventually did find a few bugs that slammed my progress through to a halt, but I managed to work my way through them with a lot of swearing and reading up on the FAQ on the mod's website. Plus of course the mandatory trimming of mods that suddenly caused crashes after working flawlessly most of the game...

I'd still rate the overall experience as being far more trouble-free than a run through both games individually as vanilla titles - the programmers of the mod must be witches.

I picked the House wins ending, for a change. I usually either let him die naturally after opening his little pod-thing, or shoot him to bits, so I decided to do something different and actually work for the guy instead of going for the Independent ending.

Had a couple of days playing through Fallout 4 as a change from online games and my OU revision.

Was interesting to play it again but it doesn’t seem to grip me like I remember. The storylines definitely don’t work as well as New Vegas did.

Had a couple of days playing through Fallout 4 as a change from online games and my OU revision.

Was interesting to play it again but it doesn’t seem to grip me like I remember. The storylines definitely don’t work as well as New Vegas did.
That's down to the calibre of the writing, both in general and in particular - especially just how badly they portrayed the Brotherhood of Steel to appease a microscopically small part of the fanbase for the franchise who didn't like the fact that they were not a bunch of complete speciesist douchebags in Fallout 3.

It's saying something about the game when I will just not do an ending run for a faction because not even getting an achievement for doing so is enough to make it anywhere near worthwhile. And that knocks out a quarter of the game in Fallout 4. The only other faction I won't touch as far as completing their storyline in the franchise is Caesar's Legion in New Vegas - and I'm not sure which lot are worse...

That's down to the calibre of the writing, both in general and in particular - especially just how badly they portrayed the Brotherhood of Steel to appease a microscopically small part of the fanbase for the franchise who didn't like the fact that they were not a bunch of complete speciesist douchebags in Fallout 3.

It's saying something about the game when I will just not do an ending run for a faction because not even getting an achievement for doing so is enough to make it anywhere near worthwhile. And that knocks out a quarter of the game in Fallout 4. The only other faction I won't touch as far as completing their storyline in the franchise is Caesar's Legion in New Vegas - and I'm not sure which lot are worse...
It's depressing just how much woke/PC culture has crept into gaming. I borrowed a copy of The Last of Us 2 and, though the gameplay itself was a good as ever, the plotlines were just a bit much. There other games that have equally discouraged me. Though, Naughty Dogs attitude towards anybody who disagrees with them also left a bad taste.

It's depressing just how much woke/PC culture has crept into gaming. I borrowed a copy of The Last of Us 2 and, though the gameplay itself was a good as ever, the plotlines were just a bit much. There other games that have equally discouraged me. Though, Naughty Dogs attitude towards anybody who disagrees with them also left a bad taste.

The woke stuff is becoming really intrusive now. Not only the near-universal use of BAME characters and the suppression of natural gender roles, but also the imposition of crude SJW messaging in the plotlines and gameplay.

In The Outer Worlds, your character doesn't get any romance interaction, yet one of the most tedious and long-running side quest threads is (in the middle of violent combat and survival!) the arrangement and facilitation of a gay romance between two BAME characters.

In Borderlands 3, again no character romance nor much mention of this with other NPCs, yet a big chunk of the main story and an entire DLC devoted to a gay relationship (and wedding, in the DLC) between two primary NPCs.

(I'll reserve judgement about Watch Dogs Legion until/if I play it, but the review footage I've watched so far indicates London with a majority BAME population, majority "good"guys BAME and with the brutal fascist security force ("Albion" corp) - er, white.)

I do wonder if the game companies will cripple their own sales with all the SJW androgynous sexuality - given that, as far as we know, the overwhelming demographic of gamers happens to be young and male?

Just logged on to Steam and found out that GTA V: Premium Online Edition, which I had bought and paid for - and played a while back - no longer exists on my library and they want me to re-buy it.

What the serious absolute frick is going on?

I didn't think it was too bad in TLOU2, yes the main character is gay but it all got blown out of proportion over the Abby thing, she wasn't trans, just hench. The game itself was still very enjoyable.

You are right about woke culture creeping in though, I downloaded the remaster of Destroy All Humans for a bit of fun yesterday on the PC and they've put a disclaimer in now that the jokes may be offensive to modern audiences, the poor woke souls. I remember when GTA3 first came out and it was loaded with jokes that would have snowflakes crying into their lentil soup. I wonder if the next GTA will be controversial or if they will have reigned it right in?

I didn't think it was too bad in TLOU2, yes the main character is gay but it all got blown out of proportion over the Abby thing, she wasn't trans, just hench. The game itself was still very enjoyable.

You are right about woke culture creeping in though, I downloaded the remaster of Destroy All Humans for a bit of fun yesterday on the PC and they've put a disclaimer in now that the jokes may be offensive to modern audiences, the poor woke souls. I remember when GTA3 first came out and it was loaded with jokes that would have snowflakes crying into their lentil soup. I wonder if the next GTA will be controversial or if they will have reigned it right in?
I think it was more the developer rants online that tainted it all for me in TLOU2. Love Destroy All Humans, utterly mindless brilliance.

Imagine how they'd react to the old classics like Carmageddon or original GTA

The next GTA?? It better be bloody full of anti work sentiment, as we’ve been waiting 7 years.