Casual Game Chat Thread.

Despite me hating how they had ME3 end, I put so many hours into those games and loved every second.
The ending was a bitter disappointment to me, with Bioware's attempt to "fix" it being annoying too. But i'm the same as you with a boatload of hours put into them. I found myself actually caring about the characters whilst playing.

I'm not sure if i'm looking forward to the next one as they are returning back to the Milky Way.

TamH70

MIA
The ending was a bitter disappointment to me, with Bioware's attempt to "fix" it being annoying too. But i'm the same as you with a boatload of hours put into them. I found myself actually caring about the characters whilst playing.

I'm not sure if i'm looking forward to the next one as they are returning back to the Milky Way.
Wait.

Another Mass Effect game after the reaming that they got for Andromeda? Are they mad or just masochistic?

Wait.

Another Mass Effect game after the reaming that they got for Andromeda? Are they mad or just masochistic?
Andromeda was done by a different development team within Bioware than the previous ones. It had a troubled development cycle, with a number of them leaving before it was finished.

This new one that goes back to the original galaxy will be done by a team who were part of the first three games. I'm quietly confident about it.

Andromeda was done by a different development team within Bioware than the previous ones. It had a troubled development cycle, with a number of them leaving before it was finished.

This new one that goes back to the original galaxy will be done by a team who were part of the first three games. I'm quietly confident about it.
Andromeda deserved better treatment than it got from Bioware. It had real potential and I generally enjoyed it.

Been playing the preview of Ghost Recon Breakpoint on Epic Games. Reminds in many aspects of Far Cry, lots of vehicles to drive, weapons, shops etc. Overall I'm enjoying it :)

4(T)

LE
Q for the Fallout76 veterans:

From time to time, whilst noobing around, I trigger some sort of achievement. Up pops a cartoon depiction of a gift or prize, together with the instruction "press ESC to claim".

However, pressing ESC just brings up the map. The only account related item on the map is a link top right that takes you to a summary of events that are running.

The game and account menus don't seem to have any "bonuses" section, and nothing seems to show up in game (kit, caps, whatever).

I must have a warehouse full of "gifts" by now - where do i find them?!

p.s. I reckon they should just top and tail FO76 and offer it as a single player FO4 DLC or standalone. Its a decent and entertaining single-player experience, but is limited by the multiplayer design. E.g. I've had to stop looting - and even throw away resources - because storage is limited, and yet it takes for ever to unlock stuff you can actually build with those resources.

Ritch

LE
Been playing the preview of Ghost Recon Breakpoint on Epic Games. Reminds in many aspects of Far Cry, lots of vehicles to drive, weapons, shops etc. Overall I'm enjoying it :)

Breakpoint was utter crap at the beginning but after a lot of patches and work, it's been made into quite an experience.

Breakpoint was utter crap at the beginning but after a lot of patches and work, it's been made into quite an experience.
Being offered discount price of £7.50 for the standard edition.

Ritch

LE
Being offered discount price of £7.50 for the standard edition.
I'd recommend it. It's got a decent amount of missions and side quests. Plus I bought all the DLC's and it's added quite a bit more.

From time to time, whilst noobing around, I trigger some sort of achievement. Up pops a cartoon depiction of a gift or prize, together with the instruction "press ESC to claim".

However, pressing ESC just brings up the map. The only account related item on the map is a link top right that takes you to a summary of events that are running.

The game and account menus don't seem to have any "bonuses" section, and nothing seems to show up in game (kit, caps, whatever).

p.s. I reckon they should just top and tail FO76 and offer it as a single player FO4 DLC or standalone. Its a decent and entertaining single-player experience, but is limited by the multiplayer design. E.g. I've had to stop looting - and even throw away resources - because storage is limited, and yet it takes for ever to unlock stuff you can actually build with those resources.

Open the map, should be on the top right. I think you press X.

TamH70

MIA

Okay, I know this.

Press Esc, (or M) to bring up the map. Go to the top left, and click the icon there, (or hit Z - personally, I just hit the icon), this opens the menu. Scroll down to the icon that says "Scoreboard", click on that. You'll then get something on your screen that looks like an olde-timey board-game that has lots of stages on it. Your rewards will show up there in a form of icon that represents things you can claim, like Atom Points, Caps, item resources, weapon and armour skins, as well as new Companions for your C.A.M.P.

Here's more on the subject from the Fallout wiki:

Scoreboard | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

4(T)

LE
Okay, I know this.

Press Esc, (or M) to bring up the map. Go to the top left, and click the icon there, (or hit Z - personally, I just hit the icon), this opens the menu. Scroll down to the icon that says "Scoreboard", click on that. You'll then get something on your screen that looks like an olde-timey board-game that has lots of stages on it. Your rewards will show up there in a form of icon that represents things you can claim, like Atom Points, Caps, item resources, weapon and armour skins, as well as new Companions for your C.A.M.P.

Here's more on the subject from the Fallout wiki:

Scoreboard | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Ah, ok - thanks, got it.

20+ "gifts" to open; treasures such as "rare vault side table", and "filing cabinet". Yay! Plus some Atom points to spend on more skins and camp/vault paraphernalia.

Opening all this bling caused my game to go into a CTD loop for a few cycles.

Does anyone even use any of this stuff? From what i can see, even most of the veteran players only use a bare-bones "camp" in-game. Its not exactly like in FO4 where its immersive to glam up a settlement because a load of NPCs will use the facilities. I'm using a 2x2 shed with a sleeping bag and basic crafting, but hardly ever go there apart from exiting the game in a safe location.

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero

My solution to the storage and PITA multi-player was to buy the extended pack which allows you to have your own world and unrestricted storage. Built my base on the golf course and cracked on from there.

Not an inexpensive option but I got fed-up with higher level players hogging the resource areas and setting off nukes.

TamH70

MIA
Ah, ok - thanks, got it.

20+ "gifts" to open; treasures such as "rare vault side table", and "filing cabinet". Yay! Plus some Atom points to spend on more skins and camp/vault paraphernalia.

Opening all this bling caused my game to go into a CTD loop for a few cycles.

Does anyone even use any of this stuff? From what i can see, even most of the veteran players only use a bare-bones "camp" in-game. Its not exactly like in FO4 where its immersive to glam up a settlement because a load of NPCs will use the facilities. I'm using a 2x2 shed with a sleeping bag and basic crafting, but hardly ever go there apart from exiting the game in a safe location.

I use some of the stuff you get from the Scoreboard thingy, and ignore or leave for later most of the rest of it. On the server I use, some folks go to town with their camps and do a lot more than me or you for that matter.

I don't really see the point. I just plant a lot of crops and dig a lot of wells and purification stations because waiting ages for adhesive shipments to show up in the vendor stores is nauseating, and you can make the stuff with Tatos, Mutfruits and Corn plus Purified Water.

Xbox Series S and X are still about as rare as rocking horse droppings in the shops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup. I was hoping to get a PS5 once the supply issues were ironed out. However, it appears to be taking a lot longer than the usual 2-3 months.

I might try again in May sometime.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd recommend it. It's got a decent amount of missions and side quests. Plus I bought all the DLC's and it's added quite a bit more.
I still maintain its a poor version of the original GR games. I sued to love setting up my team to conduct a raid on enemy positions. With these new ones, you can literally point your AI team mates at bad guys and give a generic order to go loud and they will do the objective by themselves.

I'm still considering myself quite lucky I managed to grab my RTX3080 the other week, not that I've played anything on it that even makes it break a sweat yet. I keep getting tempted to buy the PC version of Cyberpunk just to see what it looks like the way it was intended, but having already bought the (rough looking) PS4 version on release it seems a bit of a waste of money buying the same game again.
All my older games run brilliantly on it though including VR stuff which is really noticeable.