Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casual Game Chat Thread.

I just bought Battlefield 1 which I am loving - haven't ventured into multiplayer yet.
And Star Wars Battlefield 2 - still single player only also but its making me think that maybe I didn't really need Squadrons as well

I’ve reinstalled Command Modern War and Naval Operations (CMANO) or whatever it’s called. Going to try and give it a go and learn properly

I am still awaiting an update to Dangerous Waters, Subhunting in the Seahawk and P3 was pretty good, loved that game.

Wanting a decent rpg, I downloaded The Outer Worlds, made by Obsidian, who did FO:NV.

A decent game, and it definitely feels like Fallout mixed with the visuals of Borderlands. Good story, gunplay and mechanics. Unfortunately I felt like I was only just really getting into it and it ended. Had been expecting an epic quest and instead it ended up feeling like one small chapter of a story.

Would recommend it if you see it on sale and you've got a gap waiting for another game to come out.

Wanting a decent rpg, I downloaded The Outer Worlds, made by Obsidian, who did FO:NV.

A decent game, and it definitely feels like Fallout mixed with the visuals of Borderlands. Good story, gunplay and mechanics. Unfortunately I felt like I was only just really getting into it and it ended. Had been expecting an epic quest and instead it ended up feeling like one small chapter of a story.

Would recommend it if you see it on sale and you've got a gap waiting for another game to come out.

It's possible to finish the game in 12 minutes:

Warning: Watching that clip will ruin the game for you.

It's possible to finish the game in 12 minutes:

Warning: Watching that clip will ruin the game for you.
Had heard about that, think that gave the devs a bit of a shock.

TBH, not interested in a replay of it because I pretty much explored everything I could in the one playthrough. Just need to bide my time until something else decent comes along. Had been thinking of giving DS3 a bash but after getting the plat on Bloodborne not sure I can be bothered with another Fromsoft game for a while.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve reinstalled Command Modern War and Naval Operations (CMANO) or whatever it’s called. Going to try and give it a go and learn properly

I am still awaiting an update to Dangerous Waters, Subhunting in the Seahawk and P3 was pretty good, loved that game.

If you havent already, give Cold Waters a go - hunting other subs can be pretty tense!

If you havent already, give Cold Waters a go - hunting other subs can be pretty tense!
The learning curve on Cold Waters is steep but I like the game. It's one of those I always try to get the grip of (Kerbal Space Program being the other) but never quite get there.

Statistics

Old-Salt

CMANO.....almost as hardcore to work out as Elite: Dangerous.....I'm desperate to make it work, given the cost, but it needs a lot of time....! The book Northern Fury, which was born out of it, is a superb read.

CMANO.....almost as hardcore to work out as Elite: Dangerous.....I'm desperate to make it work, given the cost, but it needs a lot of time....! The book Northern Fury, which was born out of it, is a superb read.
Just started on Elite Dangerous (free) and its taken me 3 hours just to programme the joystick :) Lots and lots to learn.

I just bought Battlefield 1 which I am loving - haven't ventured into multiplayer yet.
And Star Wars Battlefield 2 - still single player only also but its making me think that maybe I didn't really need Squadrons as well

Star Wars Battlefront really is a multiplayer game, unleash inner Yoda you will

Just started on Elite Dangerous (free) and its taken me 3 hours just to programme the joystick :) Lots and lots to learn.

Ritch

LE
The learning curve for me was steeper than Everest. I downloaded it on my Xbox. Tried for an hour. Uninstalled it. Felt like I needed some self-flagellation and came back to it three months later.

There are still things I don't understand and frankly, I'm not bothered! :D I'll stick to my mining and trading with the odd bit of exploration.

The learning curve for me was steeper than Everest. I downloaded it on my Xbox. Tried for an hour. Uninstalled it. Felt like I needed some self-flagellation and came back to it three months later.

There are still things I don't understand and frankly, I'm not bothered! :D I'll stick to my mining and trading with the odd bit of exploration.
Great :) Am doing some of the training missions. Luckily there are a lot of you tube videos to give handy hints and tips.

Ritch

LE
Great :) Am doing some of the training missions. Luckily there are a lot of you tube videos to give handy hints and tips.

Yep, without YouTube's help, I'd have given up long ago.

Same for me with Kerbal Space Program. There are some very clever youtubers out there making excellent vids.
Kerbal is a game that I should really love, but it is so damn frustrating that I just give up. According to my Steam account, I haven't played it since May 31.

Same with Bomber Crew, and the same with the freebie of Elite Dangerous. I lasted an hour before I was ready to hoof my computer through the window.

Latest Threads