Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casual Game Chat Thread.

I'm surprised they haven't put some kind of liquid cooling into these new consoles, it's been the norm for most serious PC gamers for the best part of a decade now. Too expensive for mainstream markets I guess.

I'm surprised they haven't put some kind of liquid cooling into these new consoles, it's been the norm for most serious PC gamers for the best part of a decade now. Too expensive for mainstream markets I guess.
Generally unnecessary, over complicated, higher failure rates and some of the failure modes are much more destructive.

Himmler

War Hero
Even the one before it, the Xbox One X is an amazing console. This new one will truly support 4k gaming and has tons of power and potential. I'd definitely choose it over the PS5 but I'm biased.
Same here, Xbox delivers, gears is a good shoot em up, the laughs we had on BF3 - 4 were decent.

PS users keep banging on about games only available on PS, Microsoft have been buying up developer.

The next fallout?

TamH70

MIA
I finally got Fallout 76 installed, after a few hours of waiting.

Verdict so far? It's okay. The reviewers were right - it is the multi-player client that should have been part of Fallout 4 and not released until both it and the original game had been pre-patched to absolute buggery, with all the DLC thrown in for free as all of those were buggier than an ant-hill as well when launched. But Todd Howard had to tell all those lies at the launch conference for the game...

I met a couple of players who were much higher level than me when I was looting a farmstead not far from the starting location and studiously ignored them. It looks pretty, but a quest that should have kicked off and appeared in my quest log didn't, so I'm gonna have to go back and have a chinwag with the relevant NPC.

Some bugger also set off a nuke far to the south-west of where I was at the time - which was a cause of a brief raising of the heart rate as I don't like nukes that I'm not setting off being lit off on the same map I'm on.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Star Citizen has a freeflight week going on at the moment.
Just create an account, download and try it out if you want to have a go.

Well, ive downloaded it and had a first go last night.... Where the bloody hell are the space ships? I woke up near some spaceport, eventually found out how to stand up after the tutorial decided to tell me how to do a melee strike for 5 minutes! Then ran around an apartment block before blundering into a metro station. Found a spaceship showroom where i could buy a new ship for only 500000 more credits than i actually had....

I might pick it up if it has any reasonable single-player content.

I'm running out of open world RPG games. Theres a new DLC for the Outer Worlds, but I cancelled my XBox for PC subscription, so lost the original game and its savegames.

Five days have elapsed without any response from Ubisoft about my missing Assassins Creed Valhalla. Their customer support chat is disabled and their phone number gives a recorded message stating they don't have access to player account so f.off. Now into the Paypal dispute process.

Luckily, however, I've just found a cheat mod that allows me to get past the Minotaur in AC Odyssey, so i've got about 30% of that game to finish up. Trouble is, I took such a long break that I no longer remember what the storyline was or what I'm supposed to be doing (I'm currently in a quest with some woman who is apparently my love interest; however i haven't a clue who she is. Must have been too much wine or something). Hence its become a bit of a bimble around Greece slotting anyone who looks at me the wrong way.
It's really not that great, there's very little in the way of actual storyline to follow. Starts out good but gets boring quick. Unlike the other FO games where there are interesting things around every corner the world in 76 just feels empty. That and unless you shell out for the premium subscription or shell out real money for repair kits, you spend a huge amount of time trying to find supplies just to repair your kit and build your CAMP.

Ritch

LE
It was over social media that Currys were releasing more stock of Xbox Series X/S at 1pm. I got on at 13:10, threw one in my basket and went to checkout. Put all my details in and at 13:13, got a message saying all stock had gone and my order couldn't be processed.

Gutted.

Himmler

War Hero
It was over social media that Currys were releasing more stock of Xbox Series X/S at 1pm. I got on at 13:10, threw one in my basket and went to checkout. Put all my details in and at 13:13, got a message saying all stock had gone and my order couldn't be processed.

Gutted.
Get the app, I’ve also got john Lewis on watch

TamH70

MIA
This struck me as being more than a bit annoying, or would do if I wanted one:

If the site is reliable, and it seems to be one of the more so Sony fansites, this is bound to cause problems. It's also probably illegal under restraint of trade grounds.

Ritch

LE

If the site is reliable, and it seems to be one of the more so Sony fansites, this is bound to cause problems. It's also probably illegal under restraint of trade grounds.

There was one guy who bought 20 on pre order and he's selling them on eBay for a grand each.

Ritch

LE
There are some people selling pre order slots

Aye, I put a bid in for one too. I thought I'd put a bit of 50 in as my maximum but that was soon blitzed. The last time I looked it was for £300.

endure

GCM
You've got to be quick...

x.JPG

Was gonna try and snag one just for shits and giggles, until I see the price, £500!!!! For a toy!!

TamH70

MIA
Further to my last, I've played a bit more on Fallout 76, and I have to say I'm actually enjoying it for what it is - an extremely cheap Fallout game with a lovely (and immense) looking map to wander around and shoot or thwack things in the head with a Hatchet. I am giving the multi-player side of things a bodyswerve as I'm not really sure how to play best with other people in a Fallout game yet - and I'm still way too underleveled to feel comfortable offering much help in the Event missions that keep popping up.

I had a swatch at the lore video that introduces the Brotherhood of Steel to Appalachia and it was fairly decent.

I hope nobody buys them so the greedy bastards eventually have to sell them at a loss. Sadly though desperate people will pay it just so they can be the first to have something, or the parents of spoiled kids who don't want to disappoint their stroppy crotch spawn on Christmas day.

My plan to upgrade my PC in the absence of PS5 stock isn't working out either, absolutely no stock of graphics cards anywhere to be found. Even the Nvidia GTX1080 that I've had for four years still retails at nearly a grand! It's still a beast of a card though so will be fine for a while yet, I was just getting drawn to the new 3080 series...

Latest Threads