Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casual Game Chat Thread.

This may be of interest to those of you who have either bought or are considering on buying Sony's new console.

Weak Cooler Design: PlayStation 5 Thermals, Power, & Noise Testing - YouTube

I am not sure that the console is all that well built or designed, tbh.
Time will tell. However everything there seems to be fine apart from a higher than he expected temperature on the memory. Without knowing the working range of the memory Sony have used it's impossible to tell whether his conclusion that it's not well designed is a legitimate concern (a quick google suggests some GDDR6 is intended to work happily between 95-105 degrees).

TamH70

MIA
Time will tell. However everything there seems to be fine apart from a higher than he expected temperature on the memory. Without knowing the working range of the memory Sony have used it's impossible to tell whether his conclusion that it's not well designed is a legitimate concern (a quick google suggests some GDDR6 is intended to work happily between 95-105 degrees).

The letter of acknowledgement that Sony has sent to the memory manufacturers reference how hot the memory gets that Steve mentioned is a concern, though. And that is a piss-poor memory cooling solution no matter how you slice it.

The letter of acknowledgement that Sony has sent to the memory manufacturers reference how hot the memory gets that Steve mentioned is a concern, though. And that is a piss-poor memory cooling solution no matter how you slice it.
Have you got a link for the letter, I haven't seen that?

If the temperature is in spec then the cooling solution is what it needs to be.

TamH70

MIA
Have you got a link for the letter, I haven't seen that?

If the temperature is in spec then the cooling solution is what it needs to be.
Next time I watch I'm going to take a timestamp but I'm sure that was along the lines of what he said.

Himmler

War Hero
Me too. Can't find any in stock anywhere
Mate it seems to go into and out of stock quickly, there are thousands of units ready for sale, however a lot of companies are holding them for a Microsoft club type upgrade (Game, Smyths), etc.

I had one in the basket on John Lewis and the website crashed.

on a lighter note I did download COD Cold War which will be upgraded when I eventually get a series X.

Been trying to look out for a Series X myself and getting nowhere, so in the end bought Cold War and Valhalla now, then give the Series X versions a whirl whenever I can get my mitts on one.

Himmler

War Hero
Been trying to look out for a Series X myself and getting nowhere, so in the end bought Cold War and Valhalla now, then give the Series X versions a whirl whenever I can get my mitts on one.
I have a Xbox one x, Cold War is beautiful and the music it’s tops.

TamH70

MIA
I just bought Fallout 76 because they were basically giving it away on Greenmangaming. I will tell you what it's like next week when the ******* thing finally finishes downloading itself and all the patches it will no doubt need.

4(T)

LE
I just bought Fallout 76 because they were basically giving it away on Greenmangaming. I will tell you what it's like next week when the ******* thing finally finishes downloading itself and all the patches it will no doubt need.

I might pick it up if it has any reasonable single-player content.

I'm running out of open world RPG games. Theres a new DLC for the Outer Worlds, but I cancelled my XBox for PC subscription, so lost the original game and its savegames.

Five days have elapsed without any response from Ubisoft about my missing Assassins Creed Valhalla. Their customer support chat is disabled and their phone number gives a recorded message stating they don't have access to player account so f.off. Now into the Paypal dispute process.

Luckily, however, I've just found a cheat mod that allows me to get past the Minotaur in AC Odyssey, so i've got about 30% of that game to finish up. Trouble is, I took such a long break that I no longer remember what the storyline was or what I'm supposed to be doing (I'm currently in a quest with some woman who is apparently my love interest; however i haven't a clue who she is. Must have been too much wine or something). Hence its become a bit of a bimble around Greece slotting anyone who looks at me the wrong way.

Ritch

LE
I'm only going with an Xbox Series X because my friends all use Xbox and Microsoft Flight Sim will be playable on the console at some point.

Otherwise I'd have looked at the PS5.

Deffo recommend Valhalla, absolutely brilliant up to now, I've done forty odd hours and barely scratched the surface. I am almost certain as well, that it's the same character voice as the Witcher.

Deffo recommend Valhalla, absolutely brilliant up to now, I've done forty odd hours and barely scratched the surface. I am almost certain as well, that it's the same character voice as the Witcher.
No Geralt is different actor in the games. The Eivor actors are both danish. This is them.

Attachments

• E94CD713-CC59-4722-9C9C-44486D2766B4.jpeg
    E94CD713-CC59-4722-9C9C-44486D2766B4.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 19

Himmler

War Hero
I'm only going with an Xbox Series X because my friends all use Xbox and Microsoft Flight Sim will be playable on the console at some point.

Otherwise I'd have looked at the PS5.
Looked at it, went meh and left with your dignity

Ritch

LE
I haven’t owned a console in years guys but am looking at maybe an Xbox X Series, worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even the one before it, the Xbox One X is an amazing console. This new one will truly support 4k gaming and has tons of power and potential. I'd definitely choose it over the PS5 but I'm biased.

Latest Threads