Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casual Game Chat Thread.

Ritch

LE
I have been playing War Thunder and PUBG. My break up with Day Z was a bit rough and I don't care to go back to it yet.

Is War Thunder any good? I've thought about it a couple of times.

Is War Thunder any good? I've thought about it a couple of times.
If you like ground/flight/naval combat type sims it can be. I wish they had a realistic campaign mode but I do enjoy flying around in my P-40/P-47 and engaging in some ACM against all the other nations. But it is a trip to have a wingman flying a Zero...

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Rainbow Six Seige. I'm still playing this if anyone wants to form a squad, let me know.

There's still no multiplayer Witcher 3, so it might be a bit of a wait.

I'm happy with that, aside from a few games like Post Scriptum and Arma that you get serious players on (especially those servers with folks who have military experience so it gets played "right") I'm not that arsed about multiplayer anymore with all the idiots online, I much prefer getting into a good single player story experience that I can explore at my leisure like reading a good book. Loved Witcher 3 and as much as I loved Red Dead 2 I've never touched the multiplayer.

TamH70

MIA
Day Z looks like a multi-player version of S.T.AL.K.E.R.

And since that's my idea of hell, I don't think I'll partake. The vanilla S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, and their mods, are often infuriating enough in single-player without some hyper-glycemic teenager screaming in my ear.

Hours and hours and hours and hours to get meagre kit, then 'pop', or a glitch (Fire Station stairs were always fraught with danger) and back to zero - no respawn, just reset.

Much has changed since it was opened to the modding community, not least the stability.

On modded servers, bears, disease, wolves, flu, ghillied snipers, hypothermia and frozen infected (amongst other things) are all a greater threat than stairs.

(TBH, I don't thinks stairs or barns kill anyone any more.)

Hours and hours and hours and hours to get meagre kit, then 'pop', or a glitch (Fire Station stairs were always fraught with danger) and back to zero - no respawn, just reset.

Ah that's not fun

TamH70

MIA
Further to my last, I finally finished my first run through the Tale of Two Wasteland's mega mod. I eventually did find a few bugs that slammed my progress through to a halt, but I managed to work my way through them with a lot of swearing and reading up on the FAQ on the mod's website. Plus of course the mandatory trimming of mods that suddenly caused crashes after working flawlessly most of the game...

I'd still rate the overall experience as being far more trouble-free than a run through both games individually as vanilla titles - the programmers of the mod must be witches.

I picked the House wins ending, for a change. I usually either let him die naturally after opening his little pod-thing, or shoot him to bits, so I decided to do something different and actually work for the guy instead of going for the Independent ending.

Had a couple of days playing through Fallout 4 as a change from online games and my OU revision.

Was interesting to play it again but it doesn’t seem to grip me like I remember. The storylines definitely don’t work as well as New Vegas did.

TamH70

MIA
Had a couple of days playing through Fallout 4 as a change from online games and my OU revision.

Was interesting to play it again but it doesn’t seem to grip me like I remember. The storylines definitely don’t work as well as New Vegas did.
That's down to the calibre of the writing, both in general and in particular - especially just how badly they portrayed the Brotherhood of Steel to appease a microscopically small part of the fanbase for the franchise who didn't like the fact that they were not a bunch of complete speciesist douchebags in Fallout 3.

It's saying something about the game when I will just not do an ending run for a faction because not even getting an achievement for doing so is enough to make it anywhere near worthwhile. And that knocks out a quarter of the game in Fallout 4. The only other faction I won't touch as far as completing their storyline in the franchise is Caesar's Legion in New Vegas - and I'm not sure which lot are worse...

Latest Threads