Casual Game Chat Thread.

I have ploughed through the main campaign mode of ARMA 3 and the Apex expansion, all on single-player. It's quite good but I prefer the storyline of the original Operation Flashpoint game. Getting it to run on full chat takes a pretty beefy PC but once done, it looks lovely.
I have been planning to buy components for a new, highly upgraded, PC ahead of Cyberpunk 2077's launch. Although as it has been delayed, and Amazon weren't shipping internationally for a while, it is on hold for a littel bit longer.

I have been planning to buy components for a new, highly upgraded, PC ahead of Cyberpunk 2077's launch. Although as it has been delayed, and Amazon weren't shipping internationally for a while, it is on hold for a littel bit longer.
With the 30 series of cards coming out, and the recent AMD Ryzen XT chips, thing have moved a wee bit - hopefully the fanboiz will be dumping their 2080TIs and the price will drop a little.

With the 30 series of cards coming out, and the recent AMD Ryzen XT chips, thing have moved a wee bit - hopefully the fanboiz will be dumping their 2080TIs and the price will drop a little.
Ryzen 7 2700x so far - I have Amazon vouchers to use up! After that will get the rest locally I expect

Ubisoft have got a sale on with Far Cry 3, 4 & 5 at 75%+ off. Roughly £2, £4 & £6 respectively

Ubisoft have got a sale on with Far Cry 3, 4 & 5 at 75%+ off. Roughly £2, £4 & £6 respectively
A cinematic Trailer for Far Cry 6 has been released this week.

Can you trust 2nd hand cards, last time I thought about buying one there were all these warnings about Bit Coin miners using them to death then selling them on ebay.

TamH70

MIA
Can you trust 2nd hand cards, last time I thought about buying one there were all these warnings about Bit Coin miners using them to death then selling them on ebay.
I ran second-hand graphics cards, both AMD and Nvidia flavours, for years. Some were crap, most were well up to what I wanted them to do, so it's very much you pays your money, you takes your choice. On eBay, if you do get a dog, there is the option of getting your money back.

You're right - but I guess as with anything like that on eBay, you 'buy' the seller as much as the goods and hope your instincts are OK.

Just a note, epic games are giving games away every week or so, nothing special but who doesn't love a freebie?

Just download the epic player for pc and browse the free section.

GreyArea

War Hero
I got the Borderlands Pre-Sequel Game last month, still only about a fifth of the way through it if its anything like the 1 & 2, massive game, funny and quirky graphics too. Well worth it.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
I posted a thread about it, but repeated here so nobody misses it:

To all Total War fans

A Total War Saga: TROY will be available for free for the first 24hrs after release. No catch, it's part of a commercial deal - Epic wanted the rights, so they are paying for the first 24hrs of downloads. It won't come out on Steam until a year later.

Full details here - Troy announcement

But if, like me, you've played to death every Total War game since Shogun, 20 years ago... this is a no-brainer. Stick 13th August in your diary and download Epic Games client if you don't already have it. (I've already got it for Borderlands 3 and Phoenix Point)

I posted a thread about it, but repeated here so nobody misses it:

To all Total War fans

A Total War Saga: TROY will be available for free for the first 24hrs after release. No catch, it's part of a commercial deal - Epic wanted the rights, so they are paying for the first 24hrs of downloads. It won't come out on Steam until a year later.

Full details here - Troy announcement

But if, like me, you've played to death every Total War game since Shogun, 20 years ago... this is a no-brainer. Stick 13th August in your diary and download Epic Games client if you don't already have it. (I've already got it for Borderlands 3 and Phoenix Point)
Is Phoenix Point any good?

Is Phoenix Point any good?
Depends. The combat aspect can be very good when it plays fair. If it chooses to spawn multiple explosive artillery that can see you across the map then it's just pointless.

Most of the time it's a very good modern XCOM replacement but saving before every mission is important. In XCOM 2 you could get a squad killed but it's always through your own fault (triggering 3 groups of enemies at once etc.). In Phoenix Point getting a whole squad wiped can be as simple as staying together 2 turns into an alien nest map.

Well worth playing but it can be incredibly frustrating.

Latest Threads