Casual Game Chat Thread.

Ritch

LE
I see Red Dead Redemption 2 is reduced to £44 on Steam, but c.£33 at Kinguin and other resellers. I'm thinking about taking a punt.

I'd prefer to run RDR2 via Steam, rather than standalone via Rockstar. Is this still a problem with the Steam/Rockstar interface, or was that all fixed now?
I can't comment on the Steam thing as I'm a console jockey but even now, I think RDR2 is worth £44. Its a stunning masterpiece of a game.

Nice to see that Mafia is getting a full overhaul and update. I'm going to play the waiting game on this until all the bugs are ironed out.

The graphics look amazing in this screenshot of Tommy Angelo chasing down that Pierce Arrow.
ss_a542b5e16973c6681192977fb0942e3dfe5b21de.1920x1080.jpg

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Razer headset almost half price in the daily deals on hamazon atm. gets good reveiws.

TamH70

MIA
Currently have three S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-based games on the spin. First one is this:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - which is fairly brutal.

Next up is this one:

STALKERSOUP Main Forum - which is also fairly brutal and also has a slightly less forgiving fast-travel system than can be modded-in to work on the former title.

And finally, this mod for the "Call of Pripyat" game:

GUNSLINGER mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - which makes the game look really pretty and adds lots of new toys to play with that go BANG!!!

On warzone, my geezer looks like the Taliban. I like to land on the farmlands water towers and cause as much aggro as possible. I keep this up until the load out arrives, then I fcuk off in a wagon.
Just thought I'd share this, for absolutely no apparent reason.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

mechanical keyboard for £14, if anyone was wondering what the difference between that and a membrane keyboard is.

mechanical keyboard for £14, if anyone was wondering what the difference between that and a membrane keyboard is.
Mechanical generally better than membrane (better n-key roll over usually as they electronics are often better).

The keyboard mentioned seems to have blue keyswitches though - more aimed at typing than gaming.

Simple explanation here:

Summary: you want black keyswitches (the colour coding is pretty standardised, even for non-Cherry keyswitches).

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm on my third mech atm - 2 of them have had blues. I don't notice much of a difference tbh.

I'm on my third mech atm - 2 of them have had blues. I don't notice much of a difference tbh.
Mostly noise in my experience. I took my old blue into work as I wasn't using it at home any more - great for keeping people wandering in to ask me stupid questions as a little bit of typing sounded like monkeys attempting Shakespeare.

TamH70

MIA
Looks interesting, but how is it going to make sense when the world fell into the flames of
nuclear fire in the canon ending of Far Cry 5?

This must be set before the cataclysm, especially considering the last game, New Dawn, took place eighteen years after said cataclysm.

Ritch

LE

Hmm, i think after purchasing and being bitterly disappointed with the majority of Far Cry 5, I'll give this a miss until it's on sale and then its only a maybe.

EA's UFC 4 is out in August and as I'm a big fan of the title as well as the sport itself, I dare say I'll be getting that next.

I was looking at ARMA3 the other day following a post on here about a heli sim.
I then came across a game called 'Squad'.

Has anyone got experience with either / both and an idea of pros & cons? I get the impression that Squad is less time consuming and easier to dip in and out of.

Got Arma3 in the sale a few months back. I dip in and out of the online multiplayer stuff and it's good fun.
Squad is on my list if it's anything like post scriptum it's heavily team based, it looks like it moves faster. Just don't expect a CoD run and gun fest.

TamH70

MIA
I was looking at ARMA3 the other day following a post on here about a heli sim.
I then came across a game called 'Squad'.

Has anyone got experience with either / both and an idea of pros & cons? I get the impression that Squad is less time consuming and easier to dip in and out of.
I have ploughed through the main campaign mode of ARMA 3 and the Apex expansion, all on single-player. It's quite good but I prefer the storyline of the original Operation Flashpoint game. Getting it to run on full chat takes a pretty beefy PC but once done, it looks lovely.

Just as the site went down, add friends and family and share games via steam guard. As long as my laptop's online can play games from my library.
They run via cloud or each person needs to download?

Latest Threads