Casual Game Chat Thread.

GreyArea

War Hero
Well I'm rapidly approaching rank 100 on BFV and I'm eeking out playing it on the basis that once I've hit 100 I'll be hoofing it and going back to either BF1 / BF4 or binning it altogether and setting to with a backlog of Xbox games I've had sat on my shelf unplayed for the last few years. I'm rank 150 (top rank) on both BF1 / BF4 but I'll be fucked if I'm going to put in the hours to grind myself to rank 500 on BFV considering the absolute dog toffee the game is. However for old time's sake, and in memory of what used to be a great series (BF2, BF2142, BF3, BF4, BF1), I'll drag it out over the next month when the June update comes and then once that's out of the way EA / Dice can kiss my ar*e.

Come to think of it I've also got the Borderlands 2 game and its 4 DLC's to finish off and I've got Fallout 3 and 4 to start up too. Metro Redux, Doom, Mass Effect 2 and 3 plus Halo 5 and Alien Isolation need to be restarted from scratch as it's been three years since I last started them up.

And of course I can always have some fun with Portal / Portal 2 and the Half Life franchise.

Ah well, Ho hum.

TamH70

MIA
Finished a mission in my ongoing perambulation around the Zone of Pripyat and its surroundings in Narodnaya Salyonka 2016, got a reward, looked at it and started to giggle slightly. It seems that a six-chamber revolver 40mm grenade launcher counts as a secondary weapon, i.e. one that goes in the pistol slot.

...Okay then.

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Well I'm rapidly approaching rank 100 on BFV and I'm eeking out playing it on the basis that once I've hit 100 I'll be hoofing it and going back to either BF1 / BF4 or binning it altogether and setting to with a backlog of Xbox games I've had sat on my shelf unplayed for the last few years. I'm rank 150 (top rank) on both BF1 / BF4 but I'll be fucked if I'm going to put in the hours to grind myself to rank 500 on BFV considering the absolute dog toffee the game is. However for old time's sake, and in memory of what used to be a great series (BF2, BF2142, BF3, BF4, BF1), I'll drag it out over the next month when the June update comes and then once that's out of the way EA / Dice can kiss my ar*e.

Come to think of it I've also got the Borderlands 2 game and its 4 DLC's to finish off and I've got Fallout 3 and 4 to start up too. Metro Redux, Doom, Mass Effect 2 and 3 plus Halo 5 and Alien Isolation need to be restarted from scratch as it's been three years since I last started them up.

And of course I can always have some fun with Portal / Portal 2 and the Half Life franchise.

Ah well, Ho hum.
Have you played Arma 3? Is it any good?

Downloaded it ages ago when on offer, just in case. Arma 2 was good but haven't started up Arma 3 - always something else to be playing (usually one of the Total War series).

GreyArea

War Hero
No, I'm afraid I'm going to give the online multiplayers a rest for a bit and give my Xbox 360 / Xbox 1 some loving for the next few months

Have you played Arma 3? Is it any good?

Downloaded it ages ago when on offer, just in case. Arma 2 was good but haven't started up Arma 3 - always something else to be playing (usually one of the Total War series).
Arma 3 is very good, make sure your PC is up to scratch for it though, it's quite demanding if you want to get the most out of it despite being a good four or five years old now (view distance, textures etc)

After resisting it for a long time due to its poor launch and negative early reviews I finally downloaded No Mans Sky a couple of weeks back after reading about how it has improved a lot with regular updates and the developers working hard to make it the game they promised it would be. It's an odd game in many ways and I still think they need to make some of the planets more interesting, but it's also equally stunning and fascinating too if you like exploring.
It has the option to play it in normal flat screen mode or VR so I've mainly been playing it on my HTC Vive, which really adds to the experience as you sit in the cockpit of your starship flying through space, and blasting through the atmosphere to land on undiscovered planets. I've had a few wow moments when you bring your ship to a stop out in space and just look out at the vastness of it all, floating asteroids and clouds of gas, enormous planets with planetary rings and moons, huge alien freighters and space stations etc. Apparently the game is so vast that it would take you 585 billion years to explore it all. I don't know how long it will hold my attention but for the time being I'm enjoying it.

Playing Fortnite at the moment because my daughter is into it and I thought we could team up.
It is a classic case of good gameplay making a gret game. Simple, fun and works on PC, xBox and smartphones all in the same map.

No, PC.

I'm definitely at the start of a long learning process but already getting kills and getting my head around the team's support needs.
It would have been good to have a team guy, just saying!

TamH70

MIA
Playing Narodnaya Salyonka, of which I have spoken of before, and one of the missions involved me climbing up this bloody thing (at 3 minutes 27 seconds):

It's a long way up and even longer coming down. It is so long a drop in fact that you are dead long before you hit the ground if you misjudge a jump from ladder to platform.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Two days in since buying Rainbow Six Siege.

Interesting.
I have to admit to not being fond of R6: Siege. I loved theoriginal ones when you had to make your plan and then execute.

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Just finished Last of Us 2.

Meh. Not worth a replay.

The game looks amazing, it really does. As a technical achievement its epic and makes most games look dated. As for the story .. not impressed. And more than a bit hacked off. And the mechanics aren't that better than the first one. And I was a huge fan of the first game. Cant say more without spoiling things detail wise for people who haven't played it but in my view they should have called it this ..

Just finished Last of Us 2.

Meh. Not worth a replay.

The game looks amazing, it really does. As a technical achievement its epic and makes most games look dated. As for the story .. not impressed. And more than a bit hacked off. And the mechanics aren't that better than the first one. And I was a huge fan of the first game. Cant say more without spoiling things detail wise for people who haven't played it but in my view they should have called it this ..

Saw that coming a long way off when Naughty Dogs team had a huge rant on social media about people who thought they were too 'Woke' not being welcome to play the game.

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Saw that coming a long way off when Naughty Dogs team had a huge rant on social media about people who thought they were too 'Woke' not being welcome to play the game.
The fears were confirmed for me about halfway through and I had to force myself to finish. The signs were there in Uncharted 4 when the black Mary Sue beat up both of the Drake brothers at the same time. I played it because I loved the first one, the characters were brilliant in the first one and the story was cracking. But this "story" is just beyond bad.

Metacritic user reviews seem to agree .. The Last of Us Part II

Ritch

LE
I have to admit to not being fond of R6: Siege. I loved theoriginal ones when you had to make your plan and then execute.
Same here. I really dislike the format. I've got friends who love playing the game but I prefer a campaign and also multiplayer that is not sometimes over in thirty seconds.

Last edited:

Latest Threads