Casual Game Chat Thread.

Having had enough of Heroes and Generals, I've bought Post Scriptum.

I'm just popping on to try it out, I may be some time

TamH70

MIA
Fking xbox live down up here, engineers working to fix signing in issues. Bastards.
Could be worse. Your rifle could have jammed in the middle of a firefight against xty Bandits armed with shotguns, automatic weapons and at least one MG42, with the group that shot you made up of guys with the heaviest armour in the game. Killing two out of three of those beggars before getting shot isn't much consolation.

Such is death in the Zone of Alienation around Pripyat.

Could be worse. Your rifle could have jammed in the middle of a firefight against xty Bandits armed with shotguns, automatic weapons and at least one MG42, with the group that shot you made up of guys with the heaviest armour in the game. Killing two out of three of those beggars before getting shot isn't much consolation.

Such is death in the Zone of Alienation around Pripyat.
It's on now. Hallelujah.

How you finding it Tops?
on the negative side why put in a menu item for tutorials if it doesn't do anything?
some items (anti tank guns for example) are accessed by the T button, other items by the F button.
You can lift a stuck tank by getting out of the vehicle and then resetting it. Oddly unrealistic for a game that doesn't allow tank crew to drive a scout vehicle in the training mode.
on the grenade range I seemed to be throwing exploding helmets, and then couldn't go back to anything else even though my hands were empty, all I could do was pick up another bangy hat.,

on the plus side, great graphics, injury from being close to things that go bang. Self aid only goes so far. and apart from your own team having floating pointers above them (as per most games) you don't get a clue where the bad guys are.
A single person in a tank has to move seats to carry out different roles, rather than being able to drive and fire the main gun at the same time (heroes and generals take note)

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Just seen this advertised.
Suspect this game could be rather sobering, especially if they get to the point of multiple crews flying simultaneously on raids...
Interestingly, a series of their older games has appeared on gog.com, including F-19 and Gunship. I actually thought microprose had gone under!

Edited to Add. Turns out they did! It seems that the brand has been bought and is being relaunched for a series of combat based simulation games. Could be good, i loved M1 Tank Platoon & gunship 2000 as a kid...

Last edited:
Strawberry Jam, gives loads of energy. Not seen any scones yet. Do you participate?
Recently, I emerged from the woods on Livonia to see a pack of wolves attacking a flock of sheep and being fought off by the ram.

I killed the wolves but attracted far too many infected from the nearby farm complex.

Back on the beach 2 minutes later.

What did intrigue me is would the wolves/sheep interaction have played out if I was nowhere near? Even that limited sort of autonomous AI has implications for future gaming.

Recently, I emerged from the woods on Livonia to see a pack of wolves attacking a flock of sheep and being fought off by the ram.

I killed the wolves but attracted far too many infected from the nearby farm complex.

What did intrigue me is would the wolves/sheep interaction have played out if I was nowhere near? Even that limited sort of autonomous AI has implications for future gaming.
The wolves are easily distracted if you can find any cover, the bears are a bitch.

The wolves are easily distracted if you can find any cover, the bears are a bitch.
The wolf pack AI is quite good, often they will circle continuously, then a couple will feint an attack in front while another hits you from behind.

Breaking line of sight will cause predators to lose interest and wander off, but you can't spend the game cowering in a sh*d.

The wolf pack AI is quite good, often they will circle continuously, then a couple will feint an attack in front while another hits you from behind.

Breaking line of sight will cause predators to lose interest and wander off, but you can't spend the game cowering in a sh*d.
The rain in Livonia is fking horrendous. I usually find a building and cook, been wiped a few times when caught in the open.

TamH70

MIA

Play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. Their AI is spooky. Everything hunts and kills everything else - all the human factions hunt each other, the packs of the various varieties of dogs actually hunt in packs across their territory, the other monsters do the same. You can see a Bandit perhaps, fight a Loner and kill him only to be interrupted in looting his corpse by a Rodent (a sort of terrier-sized rat thingy) who dashes up and promptly chomps him. When the devs were making the first game, they had to tone down the AI because the human NPCs in the game were capable of finishing it themselves.

Have DayZ but can’t really get into it - might fire it up again though. Sounds better than the last time i played.

Just seen this advertised.
Suspect this game could be rather sobering, especially if they get to the point of multiple crews flying simultaneously on raids...
Interestingly, a series of their older games has appeared on gog.com, including F-19 and Gunship. I actually thought microprose had gone under!

Edited to Add. Turns out they did! It seems that the brand has been bought and is being relaunched for a series of combat based simulation games. Could be good, i loved M1 Tank Platoon & gunship 2000 as a kid...

I am hoping that 'M1 Tank Platoon' is remaster of course, I hope that 'microprose' is under new management. They work to recode the games to look pretty and run on modern systems rather than change the fundamental game play.

Depends how large the alcohol supplies are in the shed surely

After a while away massively back into Insurgency Sandstorm, 70 hours in the last two weeks paying off with my last game getting +100 kills and learning the maps.

Got my weapons sorted and A-Game on so much I was paying out some 'clan member'. Probably not that smart, he managed to kill me without getting kicked and I lost the final points which stopped me finishing top for the first time!

Latest Threads