Casual Game Chat Thread.

To help people through lockdown, Creative Assembly are giving away Total War: Shogun 2 for free. Download it between 27 Apr - 4 May 20.

Linky

Brilliant game, into which I sank many hours :)
Commodore 64?

I was on last night, in a team with three Krauts, little did they know I could understand quite a bit of their patter, TBF was as much fun as a disinfectant jab.
The box heads don’t realise that more Than a few of us speak it.

my favourite is to quote die hard.

I was on last night, in a team with three Krauts, little did they know I could understand quite a bit of their patter, TBF was as much fun as a disinfectant jab.
No. "Team on team" stuff. Domination, Kill Confirmed and all those games.

jg505

Old-Salt
Just took delivery of my new PC but decided to completely clear out the old one and install Company of Heroes.

My old PC has a decent video card so, even for its age, it copes quite well. Anyhoo, completed the first couple of D Day missions and really enjoyed it. So this will keep me busy for a number of weeks, got the extension cd which allows me to fight as the Brits :)

Does anyone on here fly on DCS?

I am 4 and a half weeks into a 6 week furlough and just got an additional 3 weeks added to my furlough so am quite happy right now :)

mattB101

Old-Salt
Does anyone on here fly on DCS?

I am 4 and a half weeks into a 6 week furlough and just got an additional 3 weeks added to my furlough so am quite happy right now :)
Bought the game a while ago, it’s just trying to find the time to play it as it has a very steep learning curve

Bought the game a while ago, it’s just trying to find the time to play it as it has a very steep learning curve
It does take some time to be honest but if you put in some hours with the 2 included aircraft it should give you a good start for you to move up to something else.

Iam guessing you know that most aircraft and all terrains are currently free to try until middle of May right?

Dr Death

War Hero
Is Theme Hospital available for Windows 10 as need some practice in down time?

TamH70

MIA

mattB101

Old-Salt
It does take some time to be honest but if you put in some hours with the 2 included aircraft it should give you a good start for you to move up to something else.

Iam guessing you know that most aircraft and all terrains are currently free to try until middle of May right?
Yep been playing some in single player. The biggest obstacle for me is the lack of track ir or vr. It’s incredibly off putting using my joystick hat

Yep been playing some in single player. The biggest obstacle for me is the lack of track ir or vr. It’s incredibly off putting using my joystick hat
If you have a spare webcam sitting around you can use TrackNOir which only costs £2.22 and once configured works really well!

For the most enjoyment you need to purchase a good dogfighter, learn it and then go on the multiplayer servers. I started with the F15, then bough both A10s, the F18, then the Vyper and just this week bought the Av8B. For dogfighting it's hard to beat the F18 TBH

XCOM Chimera Squad. It's OK.

If you're played any of the Firaxis reboot games it will be familiar but has lost a lot of the strategic edge. Rather than turns there's a list of which people will act so the obvious solution is to mallet the enemy who will shoot next rather than the one who's a bigger threat.

The breaching into rooms is interesting for the first few times and after that becomes 'which people am I sending into an ambush.'

Maybe it will grow on me.

XCOM Chimera Squad. It's OK.

If you're played any of the Firaxis reboot games it will be familiar but has lost a lot of the strategic edge. Rather than turns there's a list of which people will act so the obvious solution is to mallet the enemy who will shoot next rather than the one who's a bigger threat.

The breaching into rooms is interesting for the first few times and after that becomes 'which people am I sending into an ambush.'

Maybe it will grow on me.
Gears of War Tactics is out next Friday - that looks better. I think Fireaxis just released this to be a disruptive.

Have you played Phoenix Point? It's by Julian Gollop who wrote the origional XCOM games.

TamH70

MIA
I am still ploughing my way through Shadow of Chernobyl. It probably won't mean much to non-players of the STALKER franchise, but I've recently shut down the Brain Scorcher in the Red Forest and managed to leave the area.

Leaving about fifty dead bodies behind me, and boy oh boy did they take a lot of killin'. I have made up my mind that I've got the same attitude towards the H und K G36 that the German Defense Minister had - i.e. it's shit. The sight reticle in-game is fricking useless in low-light, which means it's ideal for the conditions around Chernobyl in-game, and it takes far too long to drop the hulking great exoskeleton-clad Monolith troopers.

Excuse the weeaboo, but I wuv my Tunder 5.45mm and my Vintar B.C. - they make excellent short- and long-range can openers.

Just subscribed to the Xbox Game pass thing on PC - 1 pound for the first month, then 3.99 afterwards. Seems OK value - currently pre-loading Gears of War Tactics which is released tomorrow. Will probably give Sea of Thieves a go, too.

Ritch

LE
SnowRunner is out at midnight. Already have it downloaded. That's my next week planned!

Latest Threads