Casual Game Chat Thread.

I built a temporary car racing chair setup over the weekend and picked up a Logitech G920 yesterday.
It is brilliant for racing games. Project Cars 2 is amazing with the wheel.

Only problem is that my GF is getting a bit too good at it. Her first time playing anything like this and she ended last night able to lap LeMans full circuit at only 9 seconds slower than me. And the Nordsleife at 22 seconds slower.
Knowing how determined she is, I may be getting my arse kicked soon. :)
I'm a big Assetto Corsa Competizione nut at the moment - the quality of the racing can be superb. Haven't touched any other racing game for a long time now.

There's a reason why all the real life pro GT3 drivers who have time on their hands at the moment are taking part in full endurance events on the platform.

I'm a big Assetto Corsa Competizione nut at the moment - the quality of the racing can be superb. Haven't touched any other racing game for a long time now.

There's a reason why all the real life pro GT3 drivers who have time on their hands at the moment are taking part in full endurance events on the platform.

Out on Xbox June 23rd, I think I will definately be getting that.

Thank you, I will have a look at what is out there. My main issue with the Occulus was the resolution of the image was pretty poor.

Shipping of the Valve Index is 8 weeks so my VR hopes will have to wait a while. Looks impressive though.
Yeah the Vive has decent resolution but just suffers from that screen door effect, it's not always noticeable and it's not that bad, but from what I've read it's already a thing of the past in newer headsets including the recent HTC models. Apparently the Valve Index controllers are compatible with the Vive so I may invest in a set of those. I need to glue some foam on the edges of the controllers though, I've marked the walls a couple of times when frantically swinging weapons in games which has incurred the wrath of the Mrs!

Out on Xbox June 23rd, I think I will definately be getting that.
Yeah - should be a good port too - Obviously the PC version has been oput for a bit and there's been steady progress and it's very solid now - I'm on chat channels with the Developers and the work that has gone into the tyre modelling is bonkers, for instance.

TamH70

MIA
Currently playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, as I'm taking a short sabbatical from being pish at the Heroes of Might and Magic franchise games.

And I feel like I'm home.

I think I've spent more time in the environs of Pripyat, the CNPP and Chernobyl than most Ukrainians have in the past thirty-odd years or so. It's still a rush attacking a Military base chock full of Spetznaz and conscripts with only a crappy pistol and a double-barrelled shotgun to start with, or if you know how to game the system (without cheating) and can get yourself 20,000 Rubles, you can get a decent mid-tier rifle. But still, Military base chock full of Spetznaz and conscripts... Expect lots of reloads and cyka blyat and **** I thought I'd already shot that bastard and you won't be disappointed.

The games are currently priced at stupidly high levels for some unknown reason on Steam and Good Old Games, but they always pop up on sale and at about fifteen quid for all three, as is usual, they are a fricking steal.

jg505

Old-Salt
Just come across this thread. Used to be a huge gamer, from my very first Vic20 days up to numerous FIFA seasons on the PS.

Don't play so much now but thinking of giving it another go. Came across the GOG website a few years back, absolutely brilliant old games for a couple of quid. Downloaded Duke Nukem...........real blast from the past :)

I played STALKER through probably around 12 years ago, at the time the graphics were quite cutting edge and it had a great creepy atmosphere when exploring the exclusion zone, although it wasn't quite as free roaming as I hoped it would be. I assume there will be plenty of graphics mods out for it now to bring it more up to date?

Just come across this thread. Used to be a huge gamer, from my very first Vic20 days up to numerous FIFA seasons on the PS.

Don't play so much now but thinking of giving it another go. Came across the GOG website a few years back, absolutely brilliant old games for a couple of quid. Downloaded Duke Nukem...........real blast from the past :)
GOG is brilliant, lots of support and seem good at keeping games patched for modern systems

TamH70

MIA
I played STALKER through probably around 12 years ago, at the time the graphics were quite cutting edge and it had a great creepy atmosphere when exploring the exclusion zone, although it wasn't quite as free roaming as I hoped it would be. I assume there will be plenty of graphics mods out for it now to bring it more up to date?
There are a lot of mods out for Shadow of Chernobyl - including some pretty nice looking graphics ones, but the trouble is once you go down that rabbit hole, it's pretty hard getting back out again.

There is an active community for the franchise on Reddit, just search for the "stalker" keyword once there, and join in. Discussions include graphics, weapons, extra missions, and some mad people who have bolted all three games' maps together - with some more landmass chucked in for good measure.

You can also pick what faction you want to represent, and there are some people who take that V. seriously indeed.

I have to say I am playing COD Warzone on XBOX One courtesy of CLC Jr (he insists). The best bit is the "warm up".

TamH70

MIA
I have to say I am playing COD Warzone on XBOX One courtesy of CLC Jr (he insists). The best bit is the "warm up".
I've not got the headspace you need for online-based twitch shooters. Must be fun if you are into that sort of thing though.

I've not got the headspace you need for online-based twitch shooters. Must be fun if you are into that sort of thing though.
It get very intense very quick and for a free to play game its pretty good, I got 6th as my best, never going to win with the crazy reactions of the youngsters but I like to sneak about and try not to get into too many shootouts.

SDFA

Old-Salt
I've recently got into puzzle and problem solving games. Best so far Talos Principle VR, followed by the Portal series.
Some are easy, some take some serious planning out and finesse when using lasers!
Keeps me busy for a while.

I have zero interest in trying to compete with red bull fuelled thirteen-year-olds.
I only play co-op on CoD modern Warfare as my life expectancy on multiplayer is measured in nano seconds. I've been thrashing the thing (Playstation not the other thing) as I live on my own and I'm now a Field Marshall or whatever the maximum (155) is. My main four weapons are fully unlocked too.
Despite my lofty rank I still have to go on operations and get shot up by 'juggernauts'.

For a bit of variety I bought Battlefield V: the idea of fighting WWII again really appealed but I was somewhat surprised to be advised by the game makers that the Wehrmacht recruited young black girls..

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
To help people through lockdown, Creative Assembly are giving away Total War: Shogun 2 for free. Download it between 27 Apr - 4 May 20.

Linky

Brilliant game, into which I sank many hours :)

Latest Threads