Casual Game Chat Thread.

mattB101

Old-Salt
I've got £4k of bloody Master race PC and sim pit upstairs that I play Star Citizen
Is Star Citizen any good? I’ve got a lower end rig and the paywall for a single lower end starter package is very high for a game that seems to be which is very early on in the development process.

Ritch

LE
I bought the G29 purely for Project Cars on the PC. It is such a stunning game. Ripping through Porsche Curves in an LMP1 car with force feedback is awesome with that game. I think that I may have to get another wheel.
If I played more than Forza Horizon, I'd think about getting a wheel.

Is Star Citizen any good? I’ve got a lower end rig and the paywall for a single lower end starter package is very high for a game that seems to be which is very early on in the development process.
What system have you got? It is a great Alpha. The proper game is still a little way off. But what they have so far is fun when the servers are stable.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone play COD Warzone? Currently downloading on my PC

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I am not generally a fan of multiplayer COD, and usually bypass the game in general. I did enjoy the latest campaign on xbox though I prefer FPS on mouse and keyboard in all honesty.

The nightime missions were a stand out on the latest COD actually, has something like that ever been explored in multiplayer? So totally dark, you have to use Night vision or torches but each has drawbacks and advantages

TamH70

MIA
Anyone play COD Warzone? Currently downloading on my PC
Nope, sorry. I'm not a fan of multi-player shooters, sadly.

Anyway, I finally caved in and installed Final Fantasy XV, after buying it at an extremely cheap price during one or other of the online game store sales. I think it only took about eight hours to download, and I'm glad I had another sizeable SSD sitting mostly unused...

Abigor and Sonny Beelzebub, it is heartbreakingly pretty. Not sure how it actually plays but if the graphics therein aren't the best I've seen on PC so far, they're gosh-darned near there.

eta

Caved in (again) and installed AMD's latest driver package, with the usual results. Their HDMI audio drivers are spawns of Satan's left testicle as they never. Ever. EVER! ******* work properly.

Last edited:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cheers to those who recommended Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Thoroughly enjoying dicking about above Bolivia in a helicopter looking ally as f**k. Doesn't chime with my army experience but you can't have everything :)

Ritch

LE
I am not generally a fan of multiplayer COD, and usually bypass the game in general. I did enjoy the latest campaign on xbox though I prefer FPS on mouse and keyboard in all honesty.

The nightime missions were a stand out on the latest COD actually, has something like that ever been explored in multiplayer? So totally dark, you have to use Night vision or torches but each has drawbacks and advantages
CoD did have some multiplayer maps that required you to use NVGs which I thoroughly enjoyed. Made it slower and a lot more tense. However the CoD kids didn't like most of them and Activision got rid.

TamH70

MIA
If you like RPGs with slightly janky controls when you're fighting someone, but with a decent (so-far as I've played it) storyline, good voice acting and great graphics, Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition is currently on sale in the Microsoft Store for under twenty-eight quid.

I got my copy for under eighteen pounds but that deal seems to have disappeared. Early.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you like RPGs with slightly janky controls when you're fighting someone, but with a decent (so-far as I've played it) storyline, good voice acting and great graphics, Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition is currently on sale in the Microsoft Store for under twenty-eight quid.

I got my copy for under eighteen pounds but that deal seems to have disappeared. Early.

It's only £12.49 at the moment in the Xbox store.

I built a temporary car racing chair setup over the weekend and picked up a Logitech G920 yesterday.
It is brilliant for racing games. Project Cars 2 is amazing with the wheel.

Only problem is that my GF is getting a bit too good at it. Her first time playing anything like this and she ended last night able to lap LeMans full circuit at only 9 seconds slower than me. And the Nordsleife at 22 seconds slower.
Knowing how determined she is, I may be getting my arse kicked soon. :)

I built a temporary car racing chair setup over the weekend and picked up a Logitech G920 yesterday.
It is brilliant for racing games. Project Cars 2 is amazing with the wheel.

Only problem is that my GF is getting a bit too good at it. Her first time playing anything like this and she ended last night able to lap LeMans full circuit at only 9 seconds slower than me. And the Nordsleife at 22 seconds slower.
Knowing how determined she is, I may be getting my arse kicked soon. :)
Get her into self isolation ASAP.

Foxhole on steam for £9 has been a fun investment over the bank holiday weekend.

Buggers just seen the cost has increased a week early.

The basic edition was free on the Epic store not long ago so there should be a good user base still

I completed Half Life Alyx over the weekend, fully recommend it for any PC VR gamers on here. Some of it is mind blowing.

Been trying to find a decent post apocalyptic building sim on Steam over the weekend as well, any one planed "Endzone - A world apart" yet? It looks decent although a few early Steam reviews say it's a bit too hard and needs balancing.

I completed Half Life Alyx over the weekend, fully recommend it for any PC VR gamers on here. Some of it is mind blowing.

Been trying to find a decent post apocalyptic building sim on Steam over the weekend as well, any one planed "Endzone - A world apart" yet? It looks decent although a few early Steam reviews say it's a bit too hard and needs balancing.

What VR system are you using? I tried the first production release of Occulus a couple of years back and did not like it at all so sent it back.

What VR system are you using? I tried the first production release of Occulus a couple of years back and did not like it at all so sent it back.
I'm using the original HTC Vive that I bought a couple of years ago, it does the job pretty well although I have to say I do have headset envy from looking at some of the newer models that have come out recently. Things like wireless headsets and clear displays without the "screen door" effect, as well as controllers with individual finger tracking are the way forward. I can't justify spending nearly another grand on a newer model yet though. Half Life Alyx is the game that will convince most people (and developers) that VR gaming has a future and is a good platform for more triple A titles, it's outstanding.

Thank you, I will have a look at what is out there. My main issue with the Occulus was the resolution of the image was pretty poor.

Shipping of the Valve Index is 8 weeks so my VR hopes will have to wait a while. Looks impressive though.

Last edited:

Latest Threads