Casual Game Chat Thread.

Was on the train simulator last night, had my GWR inter-titty 125 flat out. Was shocked to see on the external camera that all my punters were practising social distancing, nobody sitting next to each other, was great until I went through a red light, thus ending that particular experience.

Delta J

Swinger
Right troops; what's good on Xbox One X? I'm still enjoying NHL 20 while Jedi:Fallen Order is still meh. I've downloaded Dishonored 2 as I loved it on PC but it really doesn't lend itself to precision when having to use thumb sticks (esp. the crossbow) when you're used to the fluidity of mouse and keyboard. Ditto for CoD Warzone - looks fun but crippled by thumb sticks.

I'm looking now at Sea of Thieves, Assassin's Creed Odyssey or potentially Ghost recon: Wildlands.

Any other recommendations?
Red Dead Redemption 2 is amazing if you like open world games, as is Ass Creed Odyssey. I'm hitting COD warfare and Multi player mode atm. Got a list of worthy games somewhere.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Just an FYI for those with XBox Live Gold annual subscription - if you "upgrade" your subscription to the Game Pass (currently on offer/trial for £1) and subsequently cancel it on the same day, then your entire Live Gold subscription is also cancelled, and you won't get a refund or re-instatement for any months remaining.

Bastards.
:mad:

TamH70

MIA
Just an FYI for those with XBox Live Gold annual subscription - if you "upgrade" your subscription to the Game Pass (currently on offer/trial for £1) and subsequently cancel it on the same day, then your entire Live Gold subscription is also cancelled, and you won't get a refund or re-instatement for any months remaining.

Bastards.
:mad:
Doesn't sound too good, to be fair.

Though they are chucking out a game I previously recommended to Sixty, "Metro Exodus" at a stupidly low price of under 27 quid for the Gold Edition, which is the cheapest it is available to buy online, with only Fanatical Games coming anywhere near close to the price.

I've got £4k of bloody Master race PC and sim pit upstairs that I play Star Citizen, DCS, Doom Eternal and Warthunder on.

But somehow I found myself clicking 'buy it now' on a disgusting xbox last night. Delivery is tomorrow. :(

Oh god....what have I done???? I'm gonna be a bloody Console'r! :)

No games purchased. I'll stick to Game Pass for a while.

TamH70

MIA
I've got £4k of bloody Master race PC and sim pit upstairs that I play Star Citizen, DCS, Doom Eternal and Warthunder on.

But somehow I found myself clicking 'buy it now' on a disgusting xbox last night. Delivery is tomorrow. :(

Oh, £4k worth of PC gear? Spill. I want to drool over my keyboard.

Ritch

LE

Oh how the mighty have fallen. ;)

Dead to us master race now!

TamH70

MIA
Dead to us master race now!
Heh. I have two working desktop PCs, one laptop PC with a battery that works only when it wants to, a Lumia 950 phone that can turn into a PC with the dock I have for it, as well as another desktop PC that I've only kept because it's got a valid Windows 7 Pro license which is upgradeable to Windows 10 Pro. I also have three Nintendo games consoles of varying stages of playability and form factor and the same number of Sony ones.

So I am both a member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race and a Filthy Console Gaming Peasant, and proud of it! :)

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Being on the verge of talking to the hoover now that I can't leave the house, I've bought an Xbox One X. It came with Star Wars: Fallen Order and I also bought NHL 20.

Fallen Order: It's pretty and the music's great but it's less a game and more an interactive point and click. Reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy games. All a bit linear and annoying thus far.

NHL 20: It's a hockey game. Keeping me occupied and reasonably fun.
You weirdo.

For Christmas, I got the exact same package and I totally agree with all your points. I'm really annoyed at Fallen Order which seems like duller version of Tomb Raider with Star Wars decals applied.

I thought most xbox games were available on PC through the game pass anyway?

4(T)

LE

I've never in my life used a controller, so I'd be unbelievably bad at any game i tried.

Much as i was when I was volunteered to entertain my nephew at Christmas. HTF do you even play against a kid who has ten years' controller muscle memory?

"You're not even trying uncle!"

" I assure you that i am you little snot. How about giving me a ten lap lead on Forza 3; I might even be able to drive in a straight line by the time you catch up"

, etc

TamH70

MIA
I've never in my life used a controller, so I'd be unbelievably bad at any game i tried.

Much as i was when I was volunteered to entertain my nephew at Christmas. HTF do you even play against a kid who has ten years' controller muscle memory?

"You're not even trying uncle!"

" I assure you that i am you little snot. How about giving me a ten lap lead on Forza 3; I might even be able to drive in a straight line by the time you catch up"

, etc

You learn pretty quickly how to use a controller when the first games you buy with your own money are Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears. Especially when you hit the boss battles for all of those games, some of which still give me waking nightmares. Though if I'm playing an FPS game now, I prefer using my mouse - right button to move forward, move the mouse to change direction and left button to put a cap in some mofo's ass.

I can just about use a mouse and keyboard combo to do the GTA/Saints Row style of driving games, but a controller makes things just a bit easier.

Oh, £4k worth of PC gear? Spill. I want to drool over my keyboard.
It is not worth £4k now by a long shot. But the various parts cost that when I bought them.

I7 5820 hex core
ASUS X-99 pro
32GB of DDR4 3600
512GB M.2
256 Intel Optane
3 Samsung 512GB Pro Evo's
2TB standard hard drive
MSI 2080TI
Warthog HOTAS
MFG Crosswind Pedals
Water cooling and bloody expensive near silent fans
Corsair 540 case
Corsair gold PSU
43"monitor
Sennheiser headphones and also EDTracker and Logitech cam for face tracking
G29 steering wheel and pedals (cannot be used with Xbox :mad: )
Sim pit with electric Audi A6 seat

I'll be upgrading the lot once SC / SQ42 goes Beta but this lot has managed quite nicely for the last few years with just a GPU upgrade

The xbox is for family gaming and driving games. Also stuff like RDR2 and GTA5 etc feel better on console IMO.

Ritch

LE
It is not worth £4k now by a long shot. But the various parts cost that when I bought them.

I7 5820 hex core
ASUS X-99 pro
32GB of DDR4 3600
512GB M.2
256 Intel Optane
3 Samsung 512GB Pro Evo's
2TB standard hard drive
MSI 2080TI
Warthog HOTAS
MFG Crosswind Pedals
Water cooling and bloody expensive near silent fans
Corsair 540 case
Corsair gold PSU
43"monitor
Sennheiser headphones and also EDTracker and Logitech cam for face tracking
G29 steering wheel and pedals (cannot be used with Xbox :mad: )
Sim pit with electric Audi A6 seat

I'll be upgrading the lot once SC / SQ42 goes Beta but this lot has managed quite nicely for the last few years with just a GPU upgrade

The xbox is for family gaming and driving games. Also stuff like RDR2 and GTA5 etc feel better on console IMO.
Well at the minute, if you get an Xbox Live Gold, Project Cars 2 is free for purchase for a month - usually £49.99 - and you'll be able to play it as long as there is a current Live membership.

I feel for Project Cars, the best thing to use is a wheel. It feels of more a simulation than an arcade racer.

I've been thinking of getting an Xbox compatible Hotas when Microsoft's Flight Sim is out

Well at the minute, if you get an Xbox Live Gold, Project Cars 2 is free for purchase for a month - usually £49.99 - and you'll be able to play it as long as there is a current Live membership.

I feel for Project Cars, the best thing to use is a wheel. It feels of more a simulation than an arcade racer.

I've been thinking of getting an Xbox compatible Hotas when Microsoft's Flight Sim is out
I bought the G29 purely for Project Cars on the PC. It is such a stunning game. Ripping through Porsche Curves in an LMP1 car with force feedback is awesome with that game. I think that I may have to get another wheel.

Latest Threads