Casual Game Chat Thread.

Fcuk it, gonna go for the hat trick and get the bus simulator as well. All of you cnuts will ruin me, probably all got the pensioners free bus pass.

Fcuk it, gonna go for the hat trick and get the bus simulator as well. All of you cnuts will ruin me, probably all got the pensioners free bus pass.
Bus simulator? Like we had up north??

Currently playing Grand Theft Auto V (not online as that piece of shit spat out the dummy at character creation), and it's better than I remember it. Well, once I had figured out how to run the bloody thing in full-screen and 1080p on my PC that is. And that Rockstar Social Club thing is a complete pile of extraneous, unnecessary, absolutely useless, hard-drive stealing garbage.

My only problem apart from those mentioned above is that I still don't like any of the player characters all that much. They are well-acted and all that stuff, but there's something missing. I went through all the campaign missions on the PS3 a loonnng while ago, and my reactions are still the same as they were then.

Perhaps I'm still not over GTA: San Andreas - that game was the best in the franchise, bar none, and I would love a proper HD remaster like what Capcom is doing with the Resident Evil titles.
You've pretty much summed up my attitude to GTAV and the supreme irritation that is the Social Club. I've had the game for PC for years and I've never completed it because the characters and storyline leaves me cold. Another huge negative for me is that when I finally feel like playing the game, I fire it up and find out that there's a 25 GB download and update that has to be installed before I see if my save games are even loadable.

And yes, GTA San Andreas is still the pinnacle of GTA titles, with Vice City a close second because they both had great stories, characters and soundtracks instead of the "quirky" soundtracks of GTAIV and GTAV.

Ritch

LE
Talking about GTA V, I recently completed the campaign for the sixth time. Myself, I thoroughly enjoyed it even though I knew what was coming. I'm ranked 350 online but I rarely play GTA Online these days because of all the pricks on those flying motorbikes lobbing missiles at you every two seconds.

It's the same for Red Dead 2. I can make that campaign last for weeks, exploring the area and just enjoying the story. I like the characters in GTA, with the exception of Michael's family. The characters in Red Dead 2 though leave me feeling at times like they actually existed.

I cannot wait for GTA 6.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Right troops; what's good on Xbox One X? I'm still enjoying NHL 20 while Jedi:Fallen Order is still meh. I've downloaded Dishonored 2 as I loved it on PC but it really doesn't lend itself to precision when having to use thumb sticks (esp. the crossbow) when you're used to the fluidity of mouse and keyboard. Ditto for CoD Warzone - looks fun but crippled by thumb sticks.

I'm looking now at Sea of Thieves, Assassin's Creed Odyssey or potentially Ghost recon: Wildlands.

Any other recommendations?

Right troops; what's good on Xbox One X? I'm still enjoying NHL 20 while Jedi:Fallen Order is still meh. I've downloaded Dishonored 2 as I loved it on PC but it really doesn't lend itself to precision when having to use thumb sticks (esp. the crossbow) when you're used to the fluidity of mouse and keyboard. Ditto for CoD Warzone - looks fun but crippled by thumb sticks.

I'm looking now at Sea of Thieves, Assassin's Creed Odyssey or potentially Ghost recon: Wildlands.

You might be able to use keyboard and mouse with some of those games as Xbox is mouse/Kb capable.

TamH70

MIA

If you haven't played Metro: Exodus yet, what's wrong with you, bratva? Ghost Recon: Wildlands is also good - I've completed that twice as far as its main campaign goes, though I've barely scratched the DLCs. The helicopters are actually flyable now and the distance you can drop people from now is scary - I've got a kill at over 1400 meters with a .338 Lapua Magnum class rifle.

Oh yeah, and check out if you can actually use mouse and keyboard with your games - some publishers let you as they aren't dicks.

Ritch

LE

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is a great game, especially when you've got some mates to play CoOp with. Even on your own, it's a good title.
The latest one - Breakpoint - had a naff start and I sold it after just two hours of gameplay but lately a new update was released which has made the game so much better. I bought it for a fiver and I'm now thoroughly enjoying it.

As for Assassin's Creed, I played Odyssey and thought it was a complete bag of crap. If you want a better one, try the one before it - Origins - which is set in Ancient Egypt.

I enjoyed both Odyssey and Wildlands and have got a lot of playtime into both. Decent plotlines, alright gameplay and such.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cheers lads. Appreciated as always.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is a great game, especially when you've got some mates to play CoOp with. Even on your own, it's a good title.
The latest one - Breakpoint - had a naff start and I sold it after just two hours of gameplay but lately a new update was released which has made the game so much better. I bought it for a fiver and I'm now thoroughly enjoying it.

As for Assassin's Creed, I played Odyssey and thought it was a complete bag of crap. If you want a better one, try the one before it - Origins - which is set in Ancient Egypt.
Way it goes I guess. Other way round for me. Loved Odyssey and couldn't stand Origins. Meet in the middle, sack both off, get the Ezio Collection and play AC2 :p

RE7, the RE2/3 remakes. PUBG if you don’t mind random firefights, mixed with running from the Blue Zone, and horrible car chases.

Ritch

LE
Way it goes I guess. Other way round for me. Loved Odyssey and couldn't stand Origins. Meet in the middle, sack both off, get the Ezio Collection and play AC2 :p
My favourite AC is Black Flag so I can unleash my inner pirate!

State of Decay 2

My favourite AC is Black Flag so I can unleash my inner pirate!
Loved Black Flag, though it's not aged well. I love the idea of little side missions and elements like the ship and such.

I find myself drifting back to the older games these days. All the new stuff is great for graphics and such but nothing seems to have the depth of story I need.

FIFA 20, you can try and take your beloved Glasgow Rangers all the way to glory, you can become instrumental and fulfilled merely by flicking the sticks and banging the buttons all in the name of the beautiful game.

Latest Threads