Casual Game Chat Thread.

I've just started playing Half Life Alyx after downloading it overnight, it's an absolutely incredible VR experience and a great game too. Up until now I've found most VR games to be about 10 years behind in terms of graphics barring the recent Walking Dead game (which is also very good), but Alyx takes it to a whole new level and it looks stunning with everything in the game showing remarkable levels of detail, even when you hold objects right up to your face to examine them. If you have the rig to run it then I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Being on the verge of talking to the hoover now that I can't leave the house, I've bought an Xbox One X. It came with Star Wars: Fallen Order and I also bought NHL 20.

Fallen Order: It's pretty and the music's great but it's less a game and more an interactive point and click. Reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy games. All a bit linear and annoying thus far.

NHL 20: It's a hockey game. Keeping me occupied and reasonably fun.

Being on the verge of talking to the hoover now that I can't leave the house, I've bought an Xbox One X. It came with Star Wars: Fallen Order and I also bought NHL 20.

Fallen Order: It's pretty and the music's great but it's less a game and more an interactive point and click. Reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy games. All a bit linear and annoying thus far.

NHL 20: It's a hockey game. Keeping me occupied and reasonably fun.
You can get xbox game pass, loads of titles to choose from. Some good games.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
You can get xbox game pass, loads of titles to choose from. Some good games.
Yeah, I got free Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold for a month with it (bought the console direct from Microsoft as Amazon were quoting a delivery date of 29th April).

TamH70

MIA
Yeah, I got free Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold for a month with it (bought the console direct from Microsoft as Amazon were quoting a delivery date of 29th April).
The Outer Worlds and Kingdom Come: Deliverance is also on Game Pass, at least for the PC version. The former is extremely pretty, very linear in both terms of its plot and kid-on "open-worldiness", but the voice acting is pretty good, the gameplay is solid, and it's extremely like a Fallout: New Vegas clone that doesn't crash every half hour on Windows 10. The latter is, well, I haven't played enough of it yet to give a decent review, but I have to say I dislike the combat system intensely, as do a lot of people who've talked about it online. It may be more "realistic" - though that's debatable, it's certainly not immersive. It also looks rather pretty in terms of its graphics and its character models are at least a bit better than Elder Scrolls: Oblivion or Fallout 4.

The Outer Worlds and Kingdom Come: Deliverance is also on Game Pass, at least for the PC version. The former is extremely pretty, very linear in both terms of its plot and kid-on "open-worldiness", but the voice acting is pretty good, the gameplay is solid, and it's extremely like a Fallout: New Vegas clone that doesn't crash every half hour on Windows 10. The latter is, well, I haven't played enough of it yet to give a decent review, but I have to say I dislike the combat system intensely, as do a lot of people who've talked about it online. It may be more "realistic" - though that's debatable, it's certainly not immersive. It also looks rather pretty in terms of its graphics and its character models are at least a bit better than Elder Scrolls: Oblivion or Fallout 4.
Agreed. Bought the game 2 years back, struggled through the first couple of quests, found I wasn't enjoying it due to the 'Realistic Controls' and haven't played since. The game has a rather toxic fan club who get very nasty if anyone queries why a more standad control style wasn't included as an option.

Loving NHL 20 though. Had to become better acquainted with ym PS4 lately as I missed the chance to get out of town to stay with relatives and this doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

The increased gas and Electric bills due to working from home have me a bit concerned though.

Delta J

Swinger
I have just started to get into COD Modern Warfare. Already a bit fed up with no-one guarding the rear. :p Anyone into Warfare, Co-op or some Gunfight mode? My gamer pals are pretty good but never work as a team.

I have just started to get into COD Modern Warfare. Already a bit fed up with no-one guarding the rear. :p Anyone into Warfare, Co-op or some Gunfight mode? My gamer pals are pretty good but never work as a team.
Wouldn't worry. Tactics are largely non existent across the board.

TamH70

MIA
Currently playing Grand Theft Auto V (not online as that piece of shit spat out the dummy at character creation), and it's better than I remember it. Well, once I had figured out how to run the bloody thing in full-screen and 1080p on my PC that is. And that Rockstar Social Club thing is a complete pile of extraneous, unnecessary, absolutely useless, hard-drive stealing garbage.

My only problem apart from those mentioned above is that I still don't like any of the player characters all that much. They are well-acted and all that stuff, but there's something missing. I went through all the campaign missions on the PS3 a loonnng while ago, and my reactions are still the same as they were then.

Perhaps I'm still not over GTA: San Andreas - that game was the best in the franchise, bar none, and I would love a proper HD remaster like what Capcom is doing with the Resident Evil titles.

Fair point. I have been guilty of going on a flanking run by myself from time to time!
I used to enjoy playing perma-sniper on that map where it's basically a town/baes surrounded by sandy hills. Might have been BF3.

Metro used to be a hoot too.

Ritch

LE
I used to enjoy playing perma-sniper on that map where it's basically a town/baes surrounded by sandy hills. Might have been BF3.

Metro used to be a hoot too.
Op Firestorm? I wasn't much use as a sniper above 400m unless the guy was stood stock still and didn't flinch when four shots landed all around him.

Mind you, I did get lucky on that map and got a headshot at 1200m.

Metro was just insane. I prefer vehicle combat - tanks are my best weapon.

Battlefield hasn't been the same since BF4.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
For anyone playing BFV, log in daily for the first 2 weeks of April for a free gift every day.

Op Firestorm? I wasn't much use as a sniper above 400m unless the guy was stood stock still and didn't flinch when four shots landed all around him.

Mind you, I did get lucky on that map and got a headshot at 1200m.

Metro was just insane. I prefer vehicle combat - tanks are my best weapon.

Battlefield hasn't been the same since BF4.
Used to camp with the m240 in the little building site. Loved it.

Latest Threads