Casual Game Chat Thread.

the Division 2 is £2.50 for the next day or so. I paid £12 for it and I've more than had my moneys worth. in fact, I'm fiding it quite addictive...

they also have several models of THAT rifle to choose from that you can acquire....
It's pants though as rifles go in the game :(

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
It's pants though as rifles go in the game :(
it was still pretty cool. the para one had a bit more oomph. I'm hoping I'll get a better one as I level up (I'm at 19 now).

Ritch

LE
I thought about getting it when it was on sale for £8 on Xbox Live. The only downside for me is pumping some enemies with 100 rounds of 7.62 before they drop.

Aside from that, I've pre-ordered and downloaded SnowRunner, the successor to Spintires: Mudrunner. I'll be getting Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 when it's out this year for the Xbox and I'm thinking about the console version of Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Cyberpunk 2077 - 48 mins of game play

It looks effing brilliant

TamH70

MIA
Just finished the main campaigns and an epilogue mission-based campaign for "Might and Magic: Heroes VI".

Bloody good game, but it's like Dottie in the film "Armageddon" - "A vicious life-sucking bitch". The game has good voice acting, which is nice, and the music is top-notch too. It's supposed to be very buggy but I had no real problems worth mentioning.

4(T)

LE

the Division 2 is £2.50 for the next day or so. I paid £12 for it and I've more than had my moneys worth. in fact, I'm fiding it quite addictive...

they also have several models of THAT rifle to choose from that you can acquire....

Thanks for the heads-up.

I didn't think much of the Beta, but for £2.50 its worth it for a few hours of FPS before the bullet sponges become too exasperating.

Installed it last night; went to play it about 10 minutes ago. Needs update. Ok, crack on then while i have a cup of tea.

42 fecking GB! Seriously? An update?! WTF, did they re-write the entire game? Why isn't the Ubisoft download already pre-patched? 2hrs to go on a 200 Mps connection? Is it downloading via dial-up modem from the dark side of the moon?

Back to World of Warships it is for the rest of the evening.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the heads-up.

I didn't think much of the Beta, but for £2.50 its worth it for a few hours of FPS before the bullet sponges become too exasperating.

Installed it last night; went to play it about 10 minutes ago. Needs update. Ok, crack on then while i have a cup of tea.

42 fecking GB! Seriously? An update?! WTF, did they re-write the entire game? Why isn't the Ubisoft download already pre-patched? 2hrs to go on a 200 Mps connection? Is it downloading via dial-up modem from the dark side of the moon?

Back to World of Warships it is for the rest of the evening.
what's your username on D2 then?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently a falklands map is being developed for DCS world

TamH70

MIA
Finished all the DLC campaigns for Might and Magic: Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness. (Colon cancer, that title if ever there was any.)

Very enjoyable to play through, though a bit arduous, and having one's exquisitely experienced, balanced and battle-hardened AI minion army being changed on one for several boss battles without any notice was rather disconcerting, to say the least. Particularly since some of the units chosen for me instead by the game's programmers were ones I didn't use as they were shit...

The script, voice acting, story and how all those things flowed together was engrossing - and I did like how one of those boss battles was another chance to kill an enemy that was a bit of a twat in the main game, which was most enjoyable. Did I say he was a bit of a twat in the main game?

Overall, as a package, if Might and Magic: Heroes VI the whole big bundle of stuff shows up on your radar, particularly for cheap as it is right now on the Uplay Spring Sale, I'd buy it if I were you.

How's the legendary Pay To Win extavaganza Wing Commander 2 Star Citizen coming along?

Has it made it to Alpha yet? It's only been, what, ten years so far.

It'll be cheaper to buy a real spaceship by the time it's released.

How's the legendary Pay To Win extavaganza Wing Commander 2 Star Citizen coming along?

Has it made it to Alpha yet? It's only been, what, ten years so far.

It'll be cheaper to buy a real spaceship by the time it's released.

It's rubbish don't bother with it :)

It has been 8 1/2 years since it was announced (same as Cyberpunk 2077), and due to various bed decisions and dicking around, it has only really been in proper development since 2016.
The game is in Alpha and it plays well and looks great, there is a stability issue at the moment that is due to be fixed in the next patch at the end of this month / mid April. But mining, trading, combat and Bounty hunting are in and working in their basic states.

There are still several key gameplay loops that have yet to appear such as base building, org play, jump gates, extra systems and Salvage / Repair. But there is enough in it at the moment to have fun for a while.

A lot of the development has been switched to concentrate on the solo game called SQ42 which is due for Beta in Q3 2020 (although I think Q1 2021 at the earliest).

Oh, and the true name is Scam Citizen.

One of the problems with developing games like Star Citizen is that PC game development has stagnated for 10-15 years due to greedy publishers, lazy development and half arsed console ports.

PC games have been content to keep in line with Console games and not push the boundaries due to profit and the sheer complexity of what could be achieved. Hopefully SC, Cyberpunk 2077 and MS Sim 2020 will showcase just what the PC can achieve if done properly.

It's rubbish don't bother with it :)

It has been 8 1/2 years since it was announced (same as Cyberpunk 2077), and due to various bed decisions and dicking around, it has only really been in proper development since 2016.
The game is in Alpha and it plays well and looks great, there is a stability issue at the moment that is due to be fixed in the next patch at the end of this month / mid April. But mining, trading, combat and Bounty hunting are in and working in their basic states.

There are still several key gameplay loops that have yet to appear such as base building, org play, jump gates, extra systems and Salvage / Repair. But there is enough in it at the moment to have fun for a while.

A lot of the development has been switched to concentrate on the solo game called SQ42 which is due for Beta in Q3 2020 (although I think Q1 2021 at the earliest).

Oh, and the true name is Scam Citizen.
Let me know when they get round to introducing some proper gameplay with the Kilrathi.

Ritch

LE
I know I'm only a simple console gamer to you PC types - sort of like the ginger, retarded kid you don't want - but I can't wait to try Flight Sim 2020 on the Xbox.

I know I'm only a simple console gamer to you PC types - sort of like the ginger, retarded kid you don't want - but I can't wait to try Flight Sim 2020 on the Xbox.
It does look epic. I hope that the streaming technology works well to allow smooth visuals as shown in the teaser trailers.

Anyway, I think that I will also be a simple console user as well as a PC player once that new xbox arrives (hopefully in time for Christmas). The specs look amazing. Some games are just better setup and more fun to play on a console.

Ritch

LE
Hopw you have a REALLY good internet connection!!
I don't. My friends call it a Fisher Price connection. I guess it'll look like Minecraft to me.

Latest Threads