Casual Game Chat Thread.

Huh. You count yourself lucky that you're not trying to finish off Metro Exodus. Three QTE thingys. In a row. That you have to perform perfectly. Or a gorillaghoul batters you to death, or you fall off a balcony and go splat, or you fall off a balcony and get impaled through the guts on a nice big piece of rebar.
I do indeed count myself lucky. I've been trying to crack Kerbal Space program for years and I still can't get the hang of controlled burns and other techy shit to actually get to another planet.

I do indeed count myself lucky. I've been trying to crack Kerbal Space program for years and I still can't get the hang of controlled burns and other techy shit to actually get to another planet.
KSP and Bomber Crew are two of the most frustrating games I own, yet I still enjoy them even though I'm terrible at both of them.

KSP and Bomber Crew are two of the most frustrating games I own, yet I still enjoy them even though I'm terrible at both of them.
Keyboard and mouse somehow lacks the flexibility needed for KSP but with so many keybinds to remember it's necessary.

I think the look of horror on their faces in the lower right of the screen as you crash is an excellent touch

TamH70

MIA
Further to my last post, which was about my travails in completing Metro Exodus and being frustrated by QTE (Quick Time Events for the uninitiated - in this specific case hammer the E key to not die) against gorillaghoul nasties, the very next time I booted up the game I finished that mission in about a minute.

It's a stupid way to finish a really good, atmospheric and engaging game. At least let me shoot or blow up the same kind of thing I've happily shot or blown up all the way through the latter bit of the game.

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
I've just belatedly started Assassins Creed Odyssey.

It looks amazing, but has anyone else noticed how badly structured and buggy it is? Quality Control at Ubisoft must have taken the month off.

It looks amazing, but has anyone else noticed how badly structured and buggy it is? Quality Control at Ubisoft must have taken the month off.
It just felt like they got 90% finished to a very very high quality and then the last 10% became "Feckinghellgetitfinishedandreleasedasweareoutoftimeandubisofthqwantresults" and the game suffered. It's good fun to play though.

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
It just felt like they got 90% finished to a very very high quality and then the last 10% became "Feckinghellgetitfinishedandreleasedasweareoutoftimeandubisofthqwantresults" and the game suffered. It's good fun to play though.
Spot on. It needed a lot more play testing and time to iron out the quirks. The game world is mega though. It's promising to equal the one earlier in the series that was set in ancient Rome but had rewound all the famous archaeological sites by 500 years.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Same thing happened with Elite III (First Encounters?). Brandon proposed a major step forward from Elite II, but to me it just seemed to be Elite II again. Same galaxy map (but it was long ago and I cannot remember anything else). And apparently very buggy (but I didn't get that far).

It took Braben decades to move on to the recent Dangerous reboot.Dangerous

Spot on. It needed a lot more play testing and time to iron out the quirks. The game world is mega though. It's promising to equal the one earlier in the series that was set in ancient Rome but had rewound all the famous archaeological sites by 500 years.
I haven't played all the AC games (missed Origins and wish I had missed 3) but AC2, Black Flag, Sydicate and Odyssey are very good story wise.

Latest Threads