Casual Game Chat Thread.

Dafty duck

War Hero
It's been a few years since I've played BF3 or 4 and I struggle to remember which game had which maps but to be honest, they were both pretty good for maps that made you hate attacking.

Especially that one that had a big **** off tunnel in it but wasn't Metro. Had helicopters too.
I know the one you're talking about. Used to be utter carnage in that tunnel. If I remember correctly there were more open areas at each end where armour spawned as well. You'd always get some numpty try to charge right through in an MBT.

Dafty duck

War Hero
I kept on after the game l won on Civilization V, and it was just for fun. I only started smashing the other civs l had left intact because I got tired of being Mister Nice Guy in Civilization games and wanted to be a bloody handed slaughterer.

It's surprising to me just how well attacking cities with twenty Stealth Bombers in a row with some Rocket Artillery and a Giant Death Robot in tow worked.

I am now playing with Bismark and the early game is fun - almost every Barbarian Camp l beat gives me another unit, to the point that my Advisor is getting pissed at me because of the support costs.
You're being far too kind to them. ICBM their capital city into a glowing car park, it's the best way to bring them to heel.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
You're being far too kind to them. ICBM their capital city into a glowing car park, it's the best way to bring them to heel.
I usually pwn the world before I even get battleships, modern infantry and rocket launchers

See, that is exactly the tactics that made every Civ player fear India researching and adopting 'Democracy'.....

Unleash 'The Gandhinator'!

TamH70

MIA
Just won my first ever win on a Civilization game that wasn't either Domination or Time. I managed a Diplomatic victory as Bismarck in Civ 5 - which was a bit weird as I was in command of five original capital cities including my own, and had eliminated the Chinese, French, Indonesians and the Japanese in that order. Zhou Enlai must have been right back in 1954 - in Civilization games, Diplomacy is the continuation of war by other means.

Though it did help that I had Panzers, normal Tanks as gifts from City-States I'd impressed and a Battleship when everyone else was running around with Knights, Frigates and Musketmen.

I only went on full conqueror mode because in the really early bit of the game, as I just had only about two cities, every other civilization in the game and their little dogs too, I mean their City-State allies, declared war on me first. I spent about a minute reading every one of the sods doing it.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Does anyone play Squad on here? I have yet to find a decent server to play on

Last time I looked I was top of achievement leader board. Will trawling through ny games drawer to see what I have not played yet, this is simply to ensure that I remain top as I am a spiteful cnut. @Ritch

Ritch

LE
Last time I looked I was top of achievement leader board. Will trawling through ny games drawer to see what I have not played yet, this is simply to ensure that I remain top as I am a spiteful cnut. @Ritch
Never look over your shoulder because you'll see me there.

I'm getting quite a lot of achievements lately after taking up asteroid mining on Elite Dangerous.

Never look over your shoulder because you'll see me there.

I'm getting quite a lot of achievements lately after taking up asteroid mining on Elite Dangerous.
Aye I'd noticed mate, most of mine came from forza 6, still not cracked over 250 mph yet. Very annoying.

Ritch

LE
Aye I'd noticed mate, most of mine came from forza 6, still not cracked over 250 mph yet. Very annoying.
Haven't really got into that yet.

Aye and you end up face first in the tyre wall a lot quicker too. :D
I tried many many times to play with driving asist etc off on Gran Turismo. Only place that effort ever took me was onto the grass every damn time.

Ritch

LE
I tried many many times to play with driving asist etc off on Gran Turismo. Only place that effort ever took me was onto the grass every damn time.
I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I came across this game on Steam last night:

I picked it up for £15.49 on Steam and, based on my present experience of gameplay, that's pretty decent.
The game reminds me of the first Rainbow Six games. The scenarios are familiar - clear the aircraft/tanker/kill house/village, etc. These work well in what is a decent and tense single player mode - a typical mission being to clear a large tanker of 15 enemies. And the tanker for example is large, with multiple decks; angles, and a lot of space to cover.
A couple of things stand out: the player is not a bullet-sponge - you die pretty easily. The weapons-customisation: there are a LOT of options - and they are not unlocks - you have access to all sights, rails, under-barrels, etc, on first purchase.
Magazine reload on anything other than a pistol is slower, more real, than the ultra-fast changes of some games. This makes ammon expenditure and the timing and location of mag changes important.
It was good to play a modern FPS, with access to all weapons options from the off, and with environments which are mainly not destructable (no one is going to shoot you through a 2" diameter hole in a wall, such as in R6S). This game hasn't the need for a learning curve such as you find in Rainbow Six Siege, nor the exploitable gameplay aspects that experienced players of R6S use.
The Steam reviews of the game are a good source of further info.
I haven't tried multiplayer yet as I need to get used to the game, and maps, before doing so. I'm impressed so far.

Last edited:

Latest Threads