Casual Game Chat Thread.

Speaking of the Steam sale, I picked up a cheap game called West of Loathing that had been on my wishlist for nearly 2 years. It's set in the Old West, but it's all stick figures in black and white. That being said, I'm doing it any justice at all with that description, as it is compulsively playable. I'm glad I finally splashed out on it, because it is one of the funniest games I've played in ages, and even though I've only had it for 3 days, I already have 12 hours of playtime on it.

Highly recommended.

GreyArea

War Hero
This has been going on since BF2. You'd get yourself a nice cosy sniper set up then some twat would drop a crate or jeep on you.
I used to love doing that when playing as Commander. I'd scan the map looking for sniper whores on the roof tops and towers then rain down crates and jeeps till I killed them or they were spotted and someone else shot them.

Great fun

Dafty duck

War Hero
I used to love doing that when playing as Commander. I'd scan the map looking for sniper whores on the roof tops and towers then rain down crates and jeeps till I killed them or they were spotted and someone else shot them.

Great fun
BASTARD!!!

In bf3 I'd just crash a jet on sniper whores. Got 4 in one hit once, my proudest moment.
I liked to drive a motor bike up a tower block and jump onto tanks, drop C4 on top of them and speed off like a bat out of hell

Ritch

LE
My favourite BF3 past time was on Rush playing the Op Metro map. When defending, after the first two M-COM stations had been taken, I'd fall back down the little service tunnel adjacent to the big tunnel. I'd set a couple of claymores at the entrance and then tuck myself in a little culvert at the end of the little tunnel with a M249 + bipod. I'd wait for the claymores to work their magic before giving my position away and it was damn difficult for the enemy to kill me seeing as they had to drop down into a little gap in my line of fire. The only danger was being over-run when reloading a 200 round box. I could get a good 20 kills unless they were smart enough to leave me be and go down the bigger tunnel.

My favourite BF3 past time was on Rush playing the Op Metro map. When defending, after the first two M-COM stations had been taken, I'd fall back down the little service tunnel adjacent to the big tunnel. I'd set a couple of claymores at the entrance and then tuck myself in a little culvert at the end of the little tunnel with a M249 + bipod. I'd wait for the claymores to work their magic before giving my position away and it was damn difficult for the enemy to kill me seeing as they had to drop down into a little gap in my line of fire. The only danger was being over-run when reloading a 200 round box. I could get a good 20 kills unless they were smart enough to leave me be and go down the bigger tunnel.

Op Metro was brilliant while the battle stayed underground. I did quite like the one with the big antenna too, that was fun if you could get into a jet.

Mainly I just liked the huge battles that lasted ages.

TamH70

MIA
Won my second game ever of Civilization V, with a Time Victory as Elizabeth. I beat the crap out of Bismarck on my own continent and smashed Caesar to a pulp.

Ritch

LE
Op Metro was brilliant while the battle stayed underground. I did quite like the one with the big antenna too, that was fun if you could get into a jet.

Mainly I just liked the huge battles that lasted ages.
Indeed. Battlefield 3 and 4 were absolutely epic. 1 & 5 are not. I hope the next thing DICE does is a modern military shooter on massive maps but I've heard a rumour it's either Bad Company 3 or Vietnam.

Indeed. Battlefield 3 and 4 were absolutely epic. 1 & 5 are not. I hope the next thing DICE does is a modern military shooter on massive maps but I've heard a rumour it's either Bad Company 3 or Vietnam.
Bad Company 2 had a Vietnam expansion, so unlikely to be a repeat of that at least I'd imagine

Dafty duck

War Hero
Loved that map, was utter carnage. Action kind of ground down a bit when you got out the subway though.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Torn question

I know some of the Torn-ers here on Arrse but there are any numbers of lurkers I'm sure.

Standfast the Arrse section and my old Faction - if you are a Torn player

- which Faction
- how long?
-current level ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Um...XBJ......I'm an ex rodent ya fruitloop ! :)

Don C

Um...XBJ......I'm an ex rodent ya fruitloop ! :)

Don C
I know, that's why I never responded to your request for details ;-) Just offering out the love if any noobs want to join up ;)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Aww cool, hope all well with you guys.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...so I've been repeatedly assured...seems like y'all still there thobut ? :-D

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Mate we had an epic round where myself, you YMP and several other Arrse’s claimed top squad, most kills and we actually won for a change.

Ritch

LE
Mate we had an epic round where myself, you YMP and several other Arrse’s claimed top squad, most kills and we actually won for a change.
Those were the days!

Latest Threads