Casual Game Chat Thread.

I enjoyed Dying Light during the daytime but when nightfall came and they became extra bitey, I used to run away at the first sniff of trouble.
Likewise. I have no issues admitting to being a scaredy cat!

Metro Exodus has a few jumpy bits too

I picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist on backwards compatibility for a fiver the other day and I'm having a blast. It brings back awesome memories of playing all the titles on PS2 and Xbox 360. The only thing missing from this title is Michael Ironside providing the voice of Sam Fisher but otherwise it's brilliant. I find it astonishing that Unisoft haven't made a Splinter Cell for current gen hardware and he's only made in appearance in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Me, @shifty j2 and @takemedrunkimhome are going to attempt a replay of that on extreme hardcore mode. I don't think it'll end well. :D

Currently playing the first Far Cry game, and it's frustratingly difficult compared to the rest. Everyone hears you coming even if you're crawling, and can see you even if you are behind cover. Or on the other side of a building, which, guess what, the bastards can shoot through - something I wish I had known when I first started playing it again. The weapon loadout isn't too bad, but a decent scoped assault rifle takes way too long to appear, nothing can be customised, and there are no landmines to plant, so there's no way to set up a nice "come and get it" booby trap, which makes the rock you throw to attract attention or distract it a bit pony.

All of which makes it more satisfying when one of the more bullet spongy mobs finally goes down, but he's usually brought a dozen or so of his buddies with him. I think I know now why I gave up on it back when I first got the game about a decade ago. That said, I'm going to finish the game and then probably torch the SSD it's stored on, or exorcise it, whatever works quickest.

Shame you're not on Xbox you could have caught some games with us on Ghost Recon & BF4.

Can give us a chance of actually winning something without failing miserably.

Plus its an extra bit of banter in the party.

I picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist on backwards compatibility for a fiver the other day and I'm having a blast. It brings back awesome memories of playing all the titles on PS2 and Xbox 360. The only thing missing from this title is Michael Ironside providing the voice of Sam Fisher but otherwise it's brilliant. I find it astonishing that Unisoft haven't made a Splinter Cell for current gen hardware and he's only made in appearance in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Me, @shifty j2 and @takemedrunkimhome are going to attempt a replay of that on extreme hardcore mode. I don't think it'll end well. :D
I quite enjoyed Wildlands too.

Shame you're not on Xbox you could have caught some games with us on Ghost Recon & BF4.

Can give us a chance of actually winning something without failing miserably.

Plus its an extra bit of banter in the party.
I'd just be a guaranteed lowest kill count member of the party. Such are always useful.

yeah, of your team mates when you pile in helicopter after helicopter. I'm looking forwards to after Easter leave getting this wildlands things done- although i suspect we will struggle with the pigging predator, even on easy we never smashed that one eh? @Ritch @takemedrunkimhome
Oh I've given with the Predator. He's welcome to his jungle. If we can't smash him on easy, he'll just laugh at us when we rock up on Hardcore.