Casual Game Chat Thread.

The most annoying thing for me was the forced capture 7 or 8 times during the game. Really ruined the spirit of it for me.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I got an arrow in my thigh from the capture squad.......I was in a helicopter at max height at the time. It makes the whole thing easier if you max out your weapon skills on guns you don't normally use, then the captured sequence is shorter. Also, using Esc on PC gets rid of the bulk of cut scenes.

I'd love a Battlefield game in the Napoleonic period where everything is flintlock and you all spend an awkward minute staring eachother down in a panic while trying to reload :boogie:
You have seen the Napoleonic MOD for Mount and blade warband aye?

Hmmmm, needs more Ink Spots
If they end up screwing over this game the same way they did with Fallout 4 during launch and post-release, with its plot, its absence of player choice, its defilement of the canon they introduced in an inane attempt to appease a segment of the fanbase who wouldn't give them the steam off of their poo, and finally the shoe-horning in of a divisive, idiotic and badly mishandled paid mods scheme which everyone has to accept, along with the attendant scores of Gigabytes of hard-drive space taken up with mods that one hasn't paid for and therefore can't bloody access if they want to actually play the gorramed game they've paid good money for, I'm done with Bethesda.

Fallout 4 is the only game I've bought from them as a publisher that I actually dislike to the point of not playing anymore. Though if you gave me a reboot of New Vegas in that game's engine (with added post-Second Battle of Hoover Dam gameplay, natch) I'd bite your arm off.

If they end up screwing over this game the same way they did with Fallout 4 during launch and post-release, with its plot, its absence of player choice, its defilement of the canon they introduced in an inane attempt to appease a segment of the fanbase who wouldn't give them the steam off of their poo, and finally the shoe-horning in of a divisive, idiotic and badly mishandled paid mods scheme which everyone has to accept, along with the attendant scores of Gigabytes of hard-drive space taken up with mods that one hasn't paid for and therefore can't bloody access if they want to actually play the gorramed game they've paid good money for, I'm done with Bethesda.

Fallout 4 is the only game I've bought from them as a publisher that I actually dislike to the point of not playing anymore. Though if you gave me a reboot of New Vegas in that game's engine (with added post-Second Battle of Hoover Dam gameplay, natch) I'd bite your arm off.
New Vegas is still one of my favourite games. The DLC was excellent. Especially Dead Money. That was creepy. Old World Blues was funny too :)

New Vegas is still one of my favourite games. The DLC was excellent. Especially Dead Money. That was creepy. Old World Blues was funny too :)

If they packaged FONV with all the DLC and a chunk of new content (perhaps add in the FO4 settlement building), remastered/updated the graphics, and made it mod-friendly, I'm sure they'd have a best seller all over again.

In fact why don't they somehow recycle and stitch together core material from all of the existing Fallouts & DLCs and make a giant "world" for players to revisit?

Heliborne is on sale on Steam

I picked it up for the equivalent of £6 and have made a couple of trial flights so far. It isn't easy, particularly as helicopter controls aren't intuitive to me like fixed wing, It isn't that challenging though that after a couple of training flights I haven't got the bones of it in place - you'd still be watching my landings through your fingers if it was a real aircraft though!

Combat takes a bit of getting used to, providing effective fire from a machine that is just itching to fall out of the sky doesn't come naturally and quite how my little. tier-1, two seat scouts take so much damage without failing catastrophically is one for the engineers. But fail they do, either from enemy fire or plowing into a hillside in most cases.

Co-op mode is fun, up to four in a team (more at higher levels I believe including large pvp battles) flying around a decent sized map picking up and dropping off troops and taking out enemy positions. Other modes involve you having to position forward observers in order to then be able to call in mortar and artillery strikes. However, 2 goes on this and I am still a bit clueless on exactly how things work - not helped by still having to think about the controls - but my n00b questions have been politely answered or politely ignored and the community seems good, although not overly large. I am playing mostly on the EU server as the HK one is sparsely populated.

The game doesn't feel complete in many ways, I gather that it is still relatively young and a lot more content is planned. It isn't quite a flight sim nor quite a straight shoot-em-up but has enough elements of both that even if you are a fan of only one genre there is enough for you to just pick it up and have a casual game or really delve into it to win points and progress into the modern era helicopters.

There are team options so if any other Arrsers fancy a game let me know - we can all learn together.

Finally, the Vietnam era solo game that I tried was ace, if only from the perspective of flying low over rice paddies with door guns blazing. I shall be playing Ride of the Valkyries on my next outing :D

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Spintires Mudrunner is £2.49 for some reason atm - it says 40% off and £15 on the front page, then on the product page has it as 90% off. I've just bought one and it's gone through ok.

I have been playing DCS World for the last couple of days and I am really enjoying it. Now that I have got over the massive initial learning curve I am starting to get a lot of enjoyment from the sim.

The process of pre flight and starting the engines up on a SU-25t, F-15 or Spitfire is sadly quite gratifying when you get it right.

I’m even managing to get to grips with taking off and landing the Spit, which is bloody hard. I am a long way off combat but this game is one that I am really enjoying learning.
I have an EDTracker arriving tomorrow which should make DCS and Star Citizen a lot more realistic.
Do you still play this? I am curious enough to have downloaded it but have hardly played it since - the learning curve is a bit off putting!
I am on the DCS group on facebook, which is off-putting as well, some take it far too seriously...
i used to love flight sims, like Falcon 3.0 but then they started getting too complicated, with a pilots licence needed to actually understand it all! I want to just press T to cycle through my targets, not have to set the A/G radar (not the A/A or NAV ones!), and then focus my azimuth to not break the doppler so that my CCIP hits the right spot etc

Looking forward to my Laptop being returned to me all fixed. So I can return to my life's endeavour of trying to become even slightly skilled at Kerbal Space Programme.

It's learning curve is practically curved over on itself.

Latest Threads