Casual Game Chat Thread.

I haven't been attacked by a Turkey yet, the skunks are little twats ( just like in real life, skunks AKA as Newcastle supporters ) I am enjoying the game, loads to do, and do it as randomly as you want.
The wolverines are little feisty cnuts, fast as well.

It’s a belter of a game.

Only with a .50 cal....

No, haven't tried the angling yet, nor the deliberate hunting. I've made enough money so far out of simply killing creatures that attack me. I seem to have triggered the game point where you get pursued by radioactive honey badgers and giant wolves, so not exactly short of pelts for trading right now!

I've cleared enough XP in one of the three main areas to get to the part where I've been invited/summoned to a boss fight. As I've only done about 20% of the zillion side missions in that region, I decided to ignore the boss and carry on exploring. The game obviously doesn't like this, as the difficulty level seems to have abruptly stepped up from "normal" to extreme. Firefights have suddenly become difficult, and I'm now getting one-shotted by various new support weapons.
I'm shit with a bow. Loving the various missions that add proper humour to the game. Like the Testy Festy

I got filled in by a turkey.

I was low on ammo and health so, in desperation, fired an RPG at it - and missed. That really annoyed it, and it finished me off as I was scrolling through my inventory trying to find a weapon.

On the respawn I of course lost my truck & .50, and had to walk miles to get another one.

Oh, the humiliation.

I got filled in by a turkey.

I was low on ammo and health so, in desperation, fired an RPG at it - and missed. That really annoyed it, and it finished me off as I was scrolling through my inventory trying to find a weapon.

On the respawn I of course lost my truck & .50, and had to walk miles to get another one.

Oh, the humiliation.
I did the two trophies for 'tenderising' the Bull and Bison bare handed.... 2 hours of hard work and tears and reloads...... and once I'd finished.... a mate from work asked me whyI didn't just use the boost items on the other menu...... DOH!!

I like the colt revolver. Makes me feel all rick grimes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Having had a busy few years and only having a low powered laptop to use I hadn't played many games.

BF1 had just come out and I thought I would update my console and get to work on BF1 seeing as I had missed the entire life of BF4 due to work.

I think I have played maybe 10 hours on BF1 in 2 years. I just don't know what it is about the game I don't enjoy. It can't be the serious lack of interesting content as I played the same 5-6 guns in BF3, I had 600 hours with the L85 alone.

Anyone else feel the same? I think I can remember @Ritch playing alot of BF3 back in the day when I used to read the forum, do you play much BF1?

With BF1 being such a absolute let down I have mainly played War Thunder on my laptop for the last 2 years... well trying to play, I'm hopeless at Air battles.

Having had a busy few years and only having a low powered laptop to use I hadn't played many games.

BF1 had just come out and I thought I would update my console and get to work on BF1 seeing as I had missed the entire life of BF4 due to work.

I think I have played maybe 10 hours on BF1 in 2 years. I just don't know what it is about the game I don't enjoy. It can't be the serious lack of interesting content as I played the same 5-6 guns in BF3, I had 600 hours with the L85 alone.

Anyone else feel the same? I think I can remember @Ritch playing alot of BF3 back in the day when I used to read the forum, do you play much BF1?

With BF1 being such a absolute let down I have mainly played War Thunder on my laptop for the last 2 years... well trying to play, I'm hopeless at Air battles.
You're right. I used to play a lot of BF3. I've played even more of BF4 too. With BF1, I think I've played less than two hours on multi-player - in my opinion, the game is dog-toffee. I just couldn't love the game at all. The gameplay just felt completely wrong and although the visuals were great, I felt the game didn't portray WW1 authentically. I still play BF4 but not as much.

I've started playing 'Surviving Mars' on the PC.

It's a top down city builder game based on setting of colonizing mars. I'm enjoying it, but the logistics gers a bit annoying. There is a lot of micro 'point and clicking' to repair buildings and transfer resources from parts of the map to the other - activity that really should be covered by automation allowing the player to focus on building strategy and risk managing mars events (temperature drops, meteor storms) and strategic level resource planning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, very good. Slow paced compared to the Mechcommander games but nothing an XCom player would mind. They've had some release week teething issues though, mainly CTDs at the end of missions and a few ui bugs nothing they probably wont solve in a patch or two. In the mean time regular savegames deal with that. Been good fun so far.

Yeah, very good. Slow paced compared to the Mechcommander games but nothing an XCom player would mind. They've had some release week teething issues though, mainly CTDs at the end of missions and a few ui bugs nothing they probably wont solve in a patch or two. In the mean time regular savegames deal with that. Been good fun so far.
I miss decent turn based games. Most are either just ports of mobile games or just not quite what I've been wanting. Might give it a go then :)

You're right. I used to play a lot of BF3. I've played even more of BF4 too. With BF1, I think I've played less than two hours on multi-player - in my opinion, the game is dog-toffee. I just couldn't love the game at all. The gameplay just felt completely wrong and although the visuals were great, I felt the game didn't portray WW1 authentically. I still play BF4 but not as much.
I agree. I tried BF1 for a while and thought it may have been the "nostalgia factor" spoiling it a bit, given that there was usually a crowd of us pretty much every night on BF2/3 & a bit of 4 but no. The series had definitely peaked and now seems to have lost it's edge. They ruined it with the broken hash that was BF4.

Far Cry 5 on the other hand seems to be just as good as it's predecessors if not better. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I agree. I tried BF1 for a while and thought it may have been the "nostalgia factor" spoiling it a bit, given that there was usually a crowd of us pretty much every night on BF2/3 & a bit of 4 but no. The series had definitely peaked and nowseems to have lost it's edge. They ruined it with the broken hash that was BF4.

Far Cry 5 on the other hand seems to be just as good as it's predecessors if not better. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
I used to dislike BF4 again but once I got it on next-gen, when they had ironed out all the bugs, I enjoyed it. A couple of the lads here are BF4 players too and we made a regular group online.

I saw you playing Far Cry 5 recently. If you fancy a bit of CoOp, give me a shout and I'll join in.

Latest Threads