• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Casual Game Chat Thread.

My gaming chair is now completed. There is not much more I can add to it now. I'll just have to wait for someone to make a decent 42" screen, and that will be the last addition.

PicsArt_03-20-11.29.02.jpg

These 'girl' things......do they come with USB 2.0 or 3.0? What is the upgrade strategy? And are they compatible with a happy and simple life?
No to all

I think I got as far as Tier 8 in Brit, Yank, French and Soviet lines.... Then got sick of grinding for months for the next tank and just ending up hating loading the game up . Ended up doing a few more months of Tier 1 and 2 for fun before quitting. Not played in over a year
Been playing World of Warships off and on for the last few weeks and that's getting to be the same - taking a Level 5 battleship up against a Level 7 is great fun and really makes you enjoy playing the game...

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Hunt Showdown is tense as feck. Duo or solo only for now.

"Hunt: Showdown is a competitive first-person PvP bounty hunting game with heavy PvE elements."

Last edited:
Has anyone else played the newly released Skyrim VR? I got it last week for the Vive and am really enjoying it so far, it's added a whole new dimension and life to the game. Also the bulk of the enhanced graphics mods and extra content are compatible with it so you can make it look rather good (for a game that came out in 2011). It's nice to finally have a full triple A title for VR rather than demos and weird indie games!

Far Cry 5...

Well, I've been very bored with my current crop of games, and got a bit fed up with the way World of Tanks/Warships operates. Can't fit any more mods into Skyrim, no matter how salacious.

I felt that I needed a visually attractive FPS single-player game, and about the only decent one around seems to be FC5. Normally I'd wait until it was on sale for about £2.99 on Steam, but I came across a reasonable discount at one of the CD key sites and so splashed out.

So, about 2 hrs in (sorry dear, I know I promised to be in bed by 01:00), and I have to say that the game is very entertaining. The gameplay itself is just cut-and-paste from all the other Far Crys, but the setting, graphics, non-PC language and themes make it very playable. The 'Murica theme works well; guns, trucks, red-necks, preppers, nut-jobs, all very realistic - sometimes a bit too convincing.

Last night's highlight was winning a difficult firefight in open farmland and then, out of ammo, being pursued over hill and dale by two murderous turkeys and a bear. You had to be there, man. My current save game has me sat on a captured .50 at a crossroads. I've been happily camping there a couple of game-days now, watching the wildlife, the beautiful scenery and sunrises, and brassing up enemy patrols as they spawn and drive past. Montana, eh? I might just emigrate there...

Far Cry 5...

Well, I've been very bored with my current crop of games, and got a bit fed up with the way World of Tanks/Warships operates. Can't fit any more mods into Skyrim, no matter how salacious.

I felt that I needed a visually attractive FPS single-player game, and about the only decent one around seems to be FC5. Normally I'd wait until it was on sale for about £2.99 on Steam, but I came across a reasonable discount at one of the CD key sites and so splashed out.

So, about 2 hrs in (sorry dear, I know I promised to be in bed by 01:00), and I have to say that the game is very entertaining. The gameplay itself is just cut-and-paste from all the other Far Crys, but the setting, graphics, non-PC language and themes make it very playable. The 'Murica theme works well; guns, trucks, red-necks, preppers, nut-jobs, all very realistic - sometimes a bit too convincing.

Last night's highlight was winning a difficult firefight in open farmland and then, out of ammo, being pursued over hill and dale by two murderous turkeys and a bear. You had to be there, man. My current save game has me sat on a captured .50 at a crossroads. I've been happily camping there a couple of game-days now, watching the wildlife, the beautiful scenery and sunrises, and brassing up enemy patrols as they spawn and drive past. Montana, eh? I might just emigrate there...
Far Cry 5 eh? I've been toying with the idea of buying that for a while, but I've still a lot to do in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Nice pocket review, btw, thanks.

Far Cry 5...

Have you done any fishing yet?

Those bull trout are reet bastards to reel in. I'll have to get a better rod, the one I am currently using is like knicker elastic.
I just about finished getting the fishing trophy done when I heard the eternally epic cry of "Oh my god!!! It's a Turkey!!". By the time I'd packed the rod away and got out my rifle.... 3 resistance members are dead and the Turkeys are coming for me.

Compared to killing the feathery bastards.... punching Bulls and Buffalo to death was easy.

I just about finished getting the fishing trophy done when I heard the eternally epic cry of "Oh my god!!! It's a Turkey!!". By the time I'd packed the rod away and got out my rifle.... 3 resistance members are dead and the Turkeys are coming for me.

Compared to killing the feathery bastards.... punching Bulls and Buffalo to death was easy.
I haven't been attacked by a Turkey yet, the skunks are little twats ( just like in real life, skunks AKA as Newcastle supporters ) I am enjoying the game, loads to do, and do it as randomly as you want.

Have you done any fishing yet?

Only with a .50 cal....

No, haven't tried the angling yet, nor the deliberate hunting. I've made enough money so far out of simply killing creatures that attack me. I seem to have triggered the game point where you get pursued by radioactive honey badgers and giant wolves, so not exactly short of pelts for trading right now!

I've cleared enough XP in one of the three main areas to get to the part where I've been invited/summoned to a boss fight. As I've only done about 20% of the zillion side missions in that region, I decided to ignore the boss and carry on exploring. The game obviously doesn't like this, as the difficulty level seems to have abruptly stepped up from "normal" to extreme. Firefights have suddenly become difficult, and I'm now getting one-shotted by various new support weapons.

I haven't been attacked by a Turkey yet, the skunks are little twats ( just like in real life, skunks AKA as Newcastle supporters ) I am enjoying the game, loads to do, and do it as randomly as you want.
The wolverines are little feisty cnuts, fast as well.

It’s a belter of a game.

Latest Threads