Casual Game Chat Thread.

Yeah. It's seriously good fun as long as you don't go past Tier 5 I find. After that, it's too much a case of both sides sitting waiting for the other to cock up. Tier 1 and 2 are best. Havent played in a long time as
I can't do the grinding and stay entertained.
It's the whole research and grind, like you say.

On another notes, after four years, I have now achieved level 140 on Battlefield 4.

Right, that's the "Dead Space" Steam key gone, thanks maguire. Still got the game on Origin, if anyone wants a game with that flavour of DRM on it. The rest I talked about earlier are still available.

Yeah. It's seriously good fun as long as you don't go past Tier 5 I find. After that, it's too much a case of both sides sitting waiting for the other to cock up. Tier 1 and 2 are best. Havent played in a long time as
Having done a few weeks on PC I still enjoy it to a point

Leveling up to tier 4 is relatively painless but the grind to 5 is a pain . That plus the sheer unfairness of being pitted against tier 6 sometimes purely as cannon fodder makes me glad I didn't pay money for this

Having done a few weeks on PC I still enjoy it to a point

Leveling up to tier 4 is relatively painless but the grind to 5 is a pain . That plus the sheer unfairness of being pitted against tier 6 sometimes purely as cannon fodder makes me glad I didn't pay money for this
I think I got as far as Tier 8 in Brit, Yank, French and Soviet lines.... Then got sick of grinding for months for the next tank and just ending up hating loading the game up . Ended up doing a few more months of Tier 1 and 2 for fun before quitting. Not played in over a year

I must admit I did a week on the Xbox before getting bored . They did a tier 10 special at Xmas with toy tanks which was fun but didn't last

I'm waiting for a decent FPS to come out for the Xbox . BF1 soon soured and I haven't played in 3-4 months or maybe more

So I went and bought a HTC Vive VR headset at the weekend as a bit of an impulse buy. It took a while to get it set up with the tracking sensors mounted on the walls and downloading the SteamVR software for it but once up and running it's great. The visuals aren't quite as sharp as on a monitor and there is the "screen door effect" but the games still look great.
I'm currently playing Arizona Sunshine and Raw Data which are both first person shooters, it's hard to describe how immersive it is when you have to reach down to your side and grip the controller to get your pistol out of the holster, then you can examine it as if you were holding it in your hand. If getting behind cover in the game you have to physically duck as well, or if someone is throwing punches at you having to duck and weave to get out of the way (you need a decent size room to avoid hitting walls!). VR is only just taking off but I can see it becoming a big thing in the future now the tech is at a decent level.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
So I went and bought a HTC Vive VR headset at the weekend as a bit of an impulse buy. It took a while to get it set up with the tracking sensors mounted on the walls and downloading the SteamVR software for it but once up and running it's great. The visuals aren't quite as sharp as on a monitor and there is the "screen door effect" but the games still look great.
I'm currently playing Arizona Sunshine and Raw Data which are both first person shooters, it's hard to describe how immersive it is when you have to reach down to your side and grip the controller to get your pistol out of the holster, then you can examine it as if you were holding it in your hand. If getting behind cover in the game you have to physically duck as well, or if someone is throwing punches at you having to duck and weave to get out of the way (you need a decent size room to avoid hitting walls!). VR is only just taking off but I can see it becoming a big thing in the future now the tech is at a decent level.
You go tany plans to play simulators? Elite Dangerous or DCS World for example? I am keen to find out what thats like

I personally think that VR's a gimmick. An over-priced, over-exposed one. Just like 3D tellys were. And it will go the same way. Down the glugger. Why should I go from a nice, comfy, 42" screen, which doesn't give me sea-sickness when using, to a crappy, low-resolution, low-refresh rate tiny one that does?

The next techy thing I'll be embracing will be 4K television, but not for a while yet. Graphics cards which can power those kinds of screens are all ludicrously (criminally) expensive now thanks to those bastard bitcoin mining bawheids buying them all up.

Last edited:
It's the whole research and grind, like you say.

On another notes, after four years, I have now achieved level 140 on Battlefield 4.

I recently dug the 360 out of the cupboard and am back on BF4.
Started playing it when I can't sleep instead of calling cuñts cuñts on here.
No idea what level I am

I recently dug the 360 out of the cupboard and am back on BF4.
Started playing it when I can't sleep instead of calling cuñts cuñts on here.
No idea what level I am
You thought about upgrading to the XB1? A group of us have sessions on there. It's a good laugh.

You thought about upgrading to the XB1? A group of us have sessions on there. It's a good laugh.

Nah rarely play, though I am tempted by BF1 and the new TT gane

Nah rarely play, though I am tempted by BF1 and the new TT gane
BF1 is shit, but that's just my opinion.
The TT game does look okay. At the minute the reviews aren't spectacular but upcoming DLC's might change that.

I'm pre-downloading Far Cry 5, ready for its release on Tuesday next week.

BF1 is shit, but that's just my opinion.
The TT game does look okay. At the minute the reviews aren't spectacular but upcoming DLC's might change that.

I'm pre-downloading Far Cry 5, ready for its release on Tuesday next week.

Played BF1 on friends Xbox.

Killing with a spade had me giggling like kid

Oh and hate race games but love road racing and it's the only way I could do the tt

Ref BF1 my mate said my smile while killing with the spade was disturbing...

You go tany plans to play simulators? Elite Dangerous or DCS World for example? I am keen to find out what thats like
Yeah I've already got a Gear VR and I've had a play with some basic simulators so I'll be downloading some for the Vive. I'm impressed by how immersive Arizona Sunshine is, having to crouch down to search under desks or using the grip to open car doors and boots or taking on a horde of zombies with a pistol in each hand, great fun. I've downloaded TheBlu as well which puts you in coral reefs or the deep ocean to sit there looking at all the marine life swimming around you.

Latest Threads