Castlemartin

BevisRory said:
I've heard this is the only tank range, bar BATUS, to allow firing on the move. How come no more Sailsbury?

Can anybody shed any light?
Safety templates. Even training ammo goes a long way! But CR2 hasn't been able to fire on SPTA.... ever, if I remember correctly?

I thought Lulworth allowed MOV range practise?

Litotes

P

PrinceAlbert

Litotes is correct. No firing of CR2 on SPTA (there's only 1 range on SPTA that you can fire the Barret .50!). Castle Martin is still going. As is Lulworth.

And it's got a nice beach nextdoor at Freshwater West, Harry Potter's mate,Ron has a holiday cottage there

tankie88 said:
I thought the Bundeswehr pulled out of castlemartin.
They did years ago

Forgot the shitehole of a town near ther, their is a nightclub outside the town, great for punch-ups.

Cowhead said:
That'll be Tenby and the complete pleasure that is Paddles nightclub then...
Cheers, thats the badger. Beats the wild west hands down 8O

scarletto said:
Cowhead said:
That'll be Tenby and the complete pleasure that is Paddles nightclub then...
Cheers, thats the badger. Beats the wild west hands down 8O
TENBY, The Hen night capital of Wales

:D Pembroke dock-Gwendolines--Even bigger shithole although they did do tick 8O . Excellent boxing matches between 5 innis DG and 16/Syph as i recall-Happy days :D

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
ArmySurplusSpecial said:
Does CR2 not fire on the move on SPTA on firepower demonstrations any more? It did when i was there..... 1999-2001
Shirley on a firepower demo they use blanks? How far does a CR2 blank travel these days then?

AlienFTM said:
ArmySurplusSpecial said:
Does CR2 not fire on the move on SPTA on firepower demonstrations any more? It did when i was there..... 1999-2001
Shirley on a firepower demo they use blanks? How far does a CR2 blank travel these days then?
Whats the point in fireing blanks on a firpower demo, you would not be able to se the effect of the said firepower?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Maybe I was thinking of the wrong event, where they put on a staged battle where everything is choreographed so that as one blue tank "fires", an orange tank "brews up".

AlienFTM said:
Maybe I was thinking of the wrong event, where they put on a staged battle where everything is choreographed so that as one blue tank "fires", an orange tank "brews up".
They use'd to call that a Military Tattoo only they don't seem to have them anymore

plugbore295 said:
Here oop North I thought Warcop and Otterburn were still ok?
You can still do GW up at Otterburn?

plugbore295 said:
Warcop is only used for 30mm and Otterburn for Arty stuff! However I can confirm that at Warminster 120 is still fired............as for the nature fick narse, however I would think it is to small a template to fire Fin! :D

soprano54 said:
plugbore295 said:
Warcop is only used for 30mm and Otterburn for Arty stuff! However I can confirm that at Warminster 120 is still fired............as for the nature fick narse, however I would think it is to small a template to fire Fin! :D
I think they mean service 120mm and not 120Prac