Casting for new World War 3 drama looking for Military men. Can you help?-Uni-versalE

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Uni-versalExtras, Jul 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I am writing to you from a company calledUni-versalEXTRAS Ltd, we place people & students as extras in TV and Film across the UK. Our company website is

New feature film from director Kevin Macdonald ( Last King of Scotland) aboutworld war 3 breaking out.

The role: We are looking for males with Military experience to play soldiers

The Requirements:

You must be male
    You must have military experience ( Cadets, Army, RAF, TA etc)
    You must be a between 18yrs and 50yrs old
    You must have easy access to South Wales area

Filming Dates: Over the next coming weeks

Payment min: £90.00(payment follows Uni-versalEXTRAS terms & Conditions,payment will rise depending on what happens on the filming day)

Catering: This is provided throughout filming.

If you would like to take part in this amazing opportunity we will need you toemail the following information to

Full Name:
    Contact number:
    Basic measurements (Chest, Waist, Inside Leg, Shoe, Collar, or dress, bra,waist, shoe etc):
    Whether you drive:

Military experience:
    A current head shot photo of yourself & body shot (digital head-shot pleasein front of a plain background i.e. a plain wall taken with a digital camera)

By replying to this email you are confirming thatyou agree to Uni-versalExtras Terms and conditions which are stated on ourwebsite: Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland

Kind Regards

Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd
    Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland
  2. You're in the right place, given the criteria you've set.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the Military Experience bit though.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

If you are only looking for males why do you need bra sizes.... oh no I see it is base din Wales. Say no more.
  4. Do we get SLR's?
  5. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

A few points.

You place people AND students. Are students not people?

You are looking for males with military experience yet you include CADETS and hells bells RAF?

I can be an old soldier (60) the one that the hero shows the pic of his wife / girlfriend / mistress to - just before he cops it.

Good luck.
  6. No, WW3 was only prevented due to having SLR's during the cold war, hence to keep it realistic for the film there will be no SLRs
  7. What if one has tits, Male or female?
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Er....not to piss in your chips gents....but Universal Extras have been around for at least ten years- and recently gave my son 240 quid for pretending to be a French convict on the set of 'Les Miserables' in Portsmouth dockyard.

So - if you are a retiired Cold War Warrior with more money than you can shake a stick at - feel free to sneer, take the piss and generally deride the whole ish.

On the other hand, if you are

> South Wales based

> Age 18-50

> with previous mil experience (ANY including RAF regiment)

> Do not answer to the name of 'Croesus'

then give them a shout......expect lots of mil style 'hurry up and wait', reasonable scran on set and an hourly rate that works out more than Minimum Pay i.e it beats Tesco/McDonalds/MoD E2

Over to you - or not :)
    • Like Like x 1

9. Would love to help you out.

Will you pay my travel expenses please?
  10. Would I get a medal?
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Are you based in Carmarthen ? YES
    Are you based in Rhosllanerchrygog ? PROBABLY
    Are you based in Helmand province/Salford/Hackney ? UNLIKELY
  12. Bit more tropical.
  13. **** it, sounds like an opportunity to get my ugly mush on screen.
  14. I'm aged 18-50 and live near Rhosllanerchrygog :)

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app